Login

russian armor

MG34 is OP

15 Feb 2021, 23:37 PM

The mg34 can get created immemediatly out of the gate, it can pin in a wide arc and a mile away, and after much crying from the AXIS players(mainly those greyshot brothers, crying on youtube), can now kill as well. Allies counter? You can mortar it, but, Axis has a "counter barrage" ability, a counter to your counter. Russian players could run up there AT gun and barrage it, not now, thats nerfed, it cant kill anything, so is a useless AT gun at this point. USF can use the pack howitzer, but, its locked behind a mechanized upgrade, oh, way too late for any use in 4v4. Have no idea what the Brits counter is, only used'em a couple times. Oh yeah, you can try to get some pointers on youtube by watching Helping Hans or any of those guys, all playing a friendly game of army men, fainting and jabbing with their tanks for 2 hours, everybody doing what their suppose to do on both sides. They all need to go play 4v4 with random people that dont do anything their suppose to do, and see how good they are then. 4v4 is where its at.
16 Feb 2021, 00:07 AM

You need to get three friends, for many important reasons, but hopefully they'll also play with you.
16 Feb 2021, 01:59 AM

m8 then what is mg42 too you then???
16 Feb 2021, 02:23 AM

The mg34 can get created immemediatly out of the gate,

It can't. Didn't read the rest, too much garbage.
16 Feb 2021, 03:59 AM

They all need to go play 4v4 with random people that dont do anything their suppose to do, and see how good they are then. 4v4 is where its at.

Like getting hard countered by MG34s?
16 Feb 2021, 12:40 PM

Bruh, l2p, basic stuff.

Flank, infantry smoke, ultra-light vics outside their arc of fire, usage of sight blockers are all valid counters.

MG42 have the longest set-up time - use it. Insta-oorah can get you to safety, or even get your squad on top of it. Frag nades from americans are vital, and you got them free officers with smoke.
MG42 got wide arc, but gunners can't spot for themselves. If you see pios, then MG42 may be nearby.

Deny cover to MG's - barbed wire on green cover, demochardges and mines for buildings entrances. Soviets got them flare tripwire, that one is extra-good to put at doors and chokepoints.

Get your own units behind green cover - even MG42 cant suppress them as fast as in the open - it takes up to 4-5 bursts to get them crawling, and it gives you plenty of time to flank or push that mg away.

Do not walk your blob into MG without at least 4 lmg's on your troops - you wont reliably snipe the gunner and suppersion applied by AOE.

If you getting pushed away from your line, then switch to another line, help your teammate and wait for some shock-unit - shock-troops, t70, AA-halftruck, or get some offmaps.

The only thing that HARD-COUNTERS the MG's are snipers and tanks, at least IMO.
16 Feb 2021, 13:42 PM

RollingStone, he's talking about hmg34. Yes, that one you need at least 2 to suppress blob charging in front of it, always losing 1 in meantime.
16 Feb 2021, 14:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Feb 2021, 13:42 PMHater
RollingStone, he's talking about hmg34. Yes, that one you need at least 2 to suppress blob charging in front of it, always losing 1 in meantime.

Stop this myth already, the HMG 34 is excellent at suppressing. It's only slightly worse than the 42. The only thing that is bad about it is the poor DPS, but that's not what you get an HMG for anyway.
16 Feb 2021, 17:06 PM

Stop this myth already

I'm sorry, everyone tells me that, but I trust to my eyes. Usually crew models are too spread out and it dies on gunner snipe faster than maxim in the deathloop without a single bullet fired.
16 Feb 2021, 20:16 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Feb 2021, 13:42 PMHater

I honestly don't know if he's talking about the MG34 or 42. Because he mentions you can build it immediately, which only applies to the 42. He also mentions counter barrage which is mostly an OST ability.

Honestly this thread is doing better than I expected.
16 Feb 2021, 21:53 PM

I honestly don't know if he's talking about the MG34 or 42. Because he mentions you can build it immediately, which only applies to the 42. He also mentions counter barrage which is mostly an OST ability.

Helps if you set the bar low :)
17 Feb 2021, 00:20 AM

To be fair to you I don't think he knows what he's talking about either
17 Feb 2021, 01:48 AM

The mg34 can get created immemediatly out of the gate, it can pin in a wide arc and a mile away, and after much crying from the AXIS players(mainly those greyshot brothers, crying on youtube), can now kill as well. Allies counter? You can mortar it, but, Axis has a "counter barrage" ability, a counter to your counter. Russian players could run up there AT gun and barrage it, not now, thats nerfed, it cant kill anything, so is a useless AT gun at this point. USF can use the pack howitzer, but, its locked behind a mechanized upgrade, oh, way too late for any use in 4v4. Have no idea what the Brits counter is, only used'em a couple times. Oh yeah, you can try to get some pointers on youtube by watching Helping Hans or any of those guys, all playing a friendly game of army men, fainting and jabbing with their tanks for 2 hours, everybody doing what their suppose to do on both sides. They all need to go play 4v4 with random people that dont do anything their suppose to do, and see how good they are then. 4v4 is where its at.

If you really like mg and only play allies for some reason because racism, spam maxim and at guns as russian then skip to t3 and build kv8. 2 zisgun firing at a mg with not max range can still reliably kill anysort of stationary infantry. Playing with randoms in 4v4 is indeed the hardest to carry out of all teamgames so you need to be much better than the others if you want to rankup reliably. Ex. carrying the game by winning a 2v1, or atleast securing a fuel point with vp.

Try playing ostheer/okw first before saying AXIS op nerf plz
17 Feb 2021, 14:34 PM

I honestly don't know if he's talking about the MG34 or 42

He is obviously talking about 34 since topic is clear on that. But does he mean 34?.. :thinking:
17 Feb 2021, 18:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Feb 2021, 01:48 AMLMAO

If you really like mg and only play allies for some reason because racism, spam maxim and at guns as russian then skip to t3 and build kv8. 2 zisgun firing at a mg with not max range can still reliably kill anysort of stationary infantry. Playing with randoms in 4v4 is indeed the hardest to carry out of all teamgames so you need to be much better than the others if you want to rankup reliably. Ex. carrying the game by winning a 2v1, or atleast securing a fuel point with vp.

Try playing ostheer/okw first before saying AXIS op nerf plz

Yes, I have never played with AXIS over 300 games played. Also, yeah, after 300 games I can counter the MGs effectively enough. But man, sometimes, you run into an AXIS player that is surgical with those things. Then I get pissed off and make a stupid post.
17 Feb 2021, 18:43 PM

You need to get three friends, for many important reasons, but hopefully they'll also play with you.

Yeah, your right.
17 Feb 2021, 18:45 PM

m8 then what is mg42 too you then???

Yeah, that works until an they pull a panzerfaust out ther a$$ and blow you the f*** up.
17 Feb 2021, 19:04 PM

Bruh, l2p, basic stuff.

Flank, infantry smoke, ultra-light vics outside their arc of fire, usage of sight blockers are all valid counters.

MG42 have the longest set-up time - use it. Insta-oorah can get you to safety, or even get your squad on top of it. Frag nades from americans are vital, and you got them free officers with smoke.
MG42 got wide arc, but gunners can't spot for themselves. If you see pios, then MG42 may be nearby.

Deny cover to MG's - barbed wire on green cover, demochardges and mines for buildings entrances. Soviets got them flare tripwire, that one is extra-good to put at doors and chokepoints.

Get your own units behind green cover - even MG42 cant suppress them as fast as in the open - it takes up to 4-5 bursts to get them crawling, and it gives you plenty of time to flank or push that mg away.

Do not walk your blob into MG without at least 4 lmg's on your troops - you wont reliably snipe the gunner and suppersion applied by AOE.

If you getting pushed away from your line, then switch to another line, help your teammate and wait for some shock-unit - shock-troops, t70, AA-halftruck, or get some offmaps.

The only thing that HARD-COUNTERS the MG's are snipers and tanks, at least IMO.

Man, this is the type of reply that I'm looking for out here, hell yeah. Mostly its, "we feel that the MG34 is in a really good place right now", or some such BS. Yes, all good stuff in this post. I do most of that pretty effectivly, and yeah, after 300 games I can counter an MG gun without issues mostly. But sometimes, I run into an AXIS player that is just way to freakin good with those MGs man. Then I get out here and make a stupid post. But I really appreciate everybody giving their thoughts. Also, you can put flame throwers in back of a truck.
17 Feb 2021, 21:24 PM

Man, this is the type of reply that I'm looking for out here, hell yeah. Mostly its, "we feel that the MG34 is in a really good place right now", or some such BS. Yes, all good stuff in this post. I do most of that pretty effectivly, and yeah, after 300 games I can counter an MG gun without issues mostly. But sometimes, I run into an AXIS player that is just way to freakin good with those MGs man. Then I get out here and make a stupid post. But I really appreciate everybody giving their thoughts. Also, you can put flame throwers in back of a truck.

Playing as russians in 4v4: Laughing at mg spam with sniper first build.
18 Feb 2021, 07:58 AM

"we feel that the MG34 is in a really good place right now",

pls stop hurting my brain and confuse others, you are talking about Ostheer HMG. The main HMG of Oshteer is MG42, not MG34. The only way you can get an MG34 for Ostheer is to drop one in from Osttrupper commander. MG42 have the largest cone of fire, the highest suppresion potential, and it can be produced from t0.
Not so good on the damage side, but you can't be good at all.

MG34 is basic HMG for OKW, and that one IS in a good spot. Not too strong, not too weak, good overall. Decent suppresion, decent damage, great Vet bonuses, especially that %5 target size reduction and sight increase.

IMO, MG42 is god at early game, where you can't really opose it much, great for lockdowns on supply points or cut-ofs. MG34 on the other hand is your frontline MG, it can move with your troops. I would say it is a weird mix of MG42 and M2HB.
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS