Login

russian armor

Obers Kar98 and UKF weapon crew Lee Enfield Suppression

6 Feb 2021, 08:34 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

I'm putting this thread cause i just realised of the UKF bug.

Obers, Sturm Officer and UKF weapons crews still have passive suppression on their rifles.
6 Feb 2021, 09:17 AM

Quite positive all small arms weapons have passive suppression, its just not enough to suppress anything on its own, but to keep(automatic) or extend(rifles) time the unit is suppressed after HMG switched target and that mechanic is in game since forever.

If 1 squad of these did, that's a problem.
6 Feb 2021, 11:50 AM

It should simply be removed.
6 Feb 2021, 12:00 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Quite positive all small arms weapons have passive suppression, its just not enough to suppress anything on its own.

If 1 squad of these did, that's a problem.

I think you are confused by the fact that "in combat" status reduces suppression recovery which makes units who are already suppressed take longer to get up.

Nope. All units which don't get access to suppression abilities have all suppression values set to 0. That is suppression value/S.radius/S.multiplier.

Units like RET and USF Carbines have a suppression value of 0 but they do have the proper multipliers in case they gain suppression through some ability.
Osttrupen Kar is the same, and probable a remnant of when OH Grens used to passive suppress on that one patch.

Obers having vet 0 passive suppression has been going unfixed for quite a long time. I recently found that UKF crews had the same behaviour but since the ROF is bad, it will be hard they can suppress on their own.

Single squads won't suppress but will always contribute. 2 Squads of Obers can suppress over neutral/red cover though.

6 Feb 2021, 14:59 PM

Isn't that why you have to rush with your Pio's MP40 into enemies when they got suppressed by HMG42, so you can reposition it while enemy stays suppressed because of Pios?

That is normal and a mechanic since release. Or did something changed? I still do it that way.
6 Feb 2021, 15:09 PM

Isn't that why you have to rush with your Pio's MP40 into enemies when they got suppressed by HMG42, so you can reposition it while enemy stays suppressed because of Pios?

That is normal and a mechanic since release. Or did something changed? I still do it that way.

The weapon he is talking about add suppression like HMGs, they do not simply prevent unit from recovering from suppression.
6 Feb 2021, 15:22 PM

i thought thats old news? have you never bmed your opponent by blobbing 3 Obers, they can supress units out of cover pretty consistently
6 Feb 2021, 15:36 PM

Clearly I missed a memo on this......that or the target is usually dead or pressing T before they get suppressed in my experience (vs LMG obers x 2).

Shouldn't be in the game to have passive suppress with their rifles though, I agree.
7 Feb 2021, 00:49 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

i thought thats old news? have you never bmed your opponent by blobbing 3 Obers, they can supress units out of cover pretty consistently

Obers Kar98 is old news and you see it happen in game. Not necessarily by memeing Ober blob but rather say a burst fire of an MG34 and then Ober fire.

What i didn't knew is that UKF crew also had this property.

Again, read what i wrote.

There's a difference between increasing the suppression values (MGs, Light vehicles like Quad or Flak HT, offmap abilities, etc.) and keeping the combat status through firing with normal weapons.

If you keep a Pio squad firing upon a suppressed squad they will eventually lift up.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★