Login

russian armor

Smartie's commander reworks: OKW

Pip
10 Mar 2021, 18:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Mar 2021, 17:55 PMVipper

Clearly said combat performance. And they do have lots of similarities. Similar mid far DPS, similar EHP, similar vet bonuses, but PF cost more and are available later.

What? None of these things are true, Vipper, they don't even have similar Vet bonuses.

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Mar 2021, 17:55 PMVipper

And Pg have higher cost by 50 and higher tech cost and thus you should be comparing their cost efficiency and not just performance.

Their buy price is less relevant than their actual performance on the field/their bleed. You buy an unit once (generally), but you have to keep replenishing models.

Pip
10 Mar 2021, 18:18 PM

Considering Ass grens as assault infantry have worse close range damage output then storms or obers and other such infantry of the allies side are already those you can't expect people understand this.

But Assgrens are a CP-0 callin, whereas Storms and Obers come later (And have totally different roles/are "elite" infantry). Which allied infantry are you comparing them to, anyway?
10 Mar 2021, 19:00 PM

Because IR STG44 Obers win against those squads and don't need expensive abilities to do it.

They are not popular because Obers are not popular in 1v1. That should hopefully change now with the recent changes to the Schwerer. I see them often enough in teamgames and they are very strong.

The "problem" of the IR STG44 is clearly not it's performance but the lack of units that can use this weapon upgrade. No other doctrinal weapon upgrade can only be used by 1 unit. Considering that you almost never have more than 2 Obers or just 1 Obers it might be worth considering to give this upgrade to Sturmpios too.

IR STG44 could be moved behind t4 so Sturms could only get the upgrade in the late game. I think this would be a fair solution.
11 Mar 2021, 06:54 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Mar 2021, 18:18 PMPip

But Assgrens are a CP-0 callin, whereas Storms and Obers come later (And have totally different roles/are "elite" infantry). Which allied infantry are you comparing them to, anyway?

I'll make this easier,

Commandos are Both infiltration and assault
Rangers are assault(thompson) and Strong general
Para's are assault(thompson) and Strong general
Para Guards are assault(ppsh) and strorng general

Stroms are only infiltration
Obers are only strong general
Assgrens are only assault

I'm saying the axis elite infantry looks like allied one but are much more specialized in use. we can't expect people to just get this where most allied elite infantry multi purpose.
20 Mar 2021, 20:20 PM

The ideas would be more fitting, they would also greatly strengthen these already good commanders.
20 Mar 2021, 20:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Mar 2021, 19:00 PMSmartie
Considering that you almost never have more than 2 Obers or just 1 Obers it might be worth considering to give this upgrade to Sturmpios too.

This has to be a joke lmao
20 Mar 2021, 22:00 PM

This has to be a joke lmao

Why? If its exclusive to the mine sweeper, you need a second spio squad. So you have to pay 300mp again. Not too far off to Obers. On top of that they lack long range dmg without the k98. Maybe this lets okw open with something else than volks.

Ofc there is the possibility that you could spam them and dominate the hole game. But I dont think this is 100% given. We could atleast try it out.
21 Mar 2021, 01:33 AM

Because IR STG44 Obers win against those squads and don't need expensive abilities to do it.

They are not popular because Obers are not popular in 1v1. That should hopefully change now with the recent changes to the Schwerer. I see them often enough in teamgames and they are very strong.

I use 1-2 (no more than 2) in my 1v1 builds.

Honestly imo, they still come a tiny bit late, and have to fight alongside AI units to get their vet to become the walking terminators they are famous for being. The reinforcement cost/time ratio makes you really have to baby them the first two or so minutes they are on the field, even with the LMG/IR upgrade. I would like to see an option for G43 rifles for Obers, Strums, and Volks as a new commander.

I'm happy with where they are in the build order. You can't have it all, and I think where they are at, they are pretty balanced while still keeping their edge.

I think Fallschims are a bit redundant with Obers, and I think they should have more of an ambush/versatility role. Instead of double FG-42's, maybe they should have an AT package, satchel charges, or something of that nature.

New idea for OKW Commander:

Jaeger Ambush Tactics

This tactic focuses on firepower and mobility, engaging the enemy in unpredictable fashion. Use your new equipment to even the odds in engagements to your foes, call in Fallschirmjager forces to disrupt the enemy supply lines, and use field defenses to stall an enemy counterattack. When all else fails, call in your Sturmtiger to disrupt your enemies defenses by blasting a hole in their lines.

CP - 1 - Ambush Training (Volks, Obers, MG34 Only)

CP - 2 - Jaeger Light Infantry Upgrade (Volks, Obers only, must have one building built or fully upgraded)

CP - 2 - Fallschirmjager

CP - 3 - Field Defenses

CP - 8 - Strumtiger (Availible only when Schwerer HQ has been built and upgraded)

....What do you guys think?

26 Mar 2021, 09:02 AM

I thinks these posts are the ones to discuss doctrines balance and rework , and they are the ones that looked at by the balance team so I suggest that they should be pinned so everyone can see them, I think there is people don't even know about them so they create new post for the same thing, which is not good.
Cheers.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 38
unknown 29
Germany 9
unknown 3
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W