Login

russian armor

Assault Grens early game OP - balance suggestion

6 Jan 2021, 02:38 AM

This is a 1v1 issue.
IMO assgrens are extremely OP in early game, especially vs fresh cons. Anyone playing SU against them will statistically be walking on a thin line early game in most matches, given two players with similar skill.

They would be alright, but the dirt-cheap ultra-fast sprint makes them impossible to 1v1 even if they have to run half the open map up to a cons unit in green cover. Not even a single model will drop most of the time.

I know light vehicles are a good counter, but in early game all there is is the m3, and the downs hardly make up for the ups. It's hit or miss, since it's just mp and fuel that won't translate to late game, and you either go on a REALLY successful rampage with it or it's a setback, and it's not very easy given the clumsy nature of the m3 vs ULTRA fast assgrens.

I would suggest a nerf on the sprint ability. Make it slightly slower, and also up unit mp cost by at least 5. ammo cost for sprint could also go up, but I don't think that would be the right thing.
I'm not even gonna get into the multiple nades, it's unnecessary to do so and they're not a relevant issue to their early game OP. It's the damn sprint.

Also, this is not an SU fanboy post. Just my observation and suggestion. I also play WM, I have less matches because I played 2 thousand hours on Mac before coming to Windows again.

EDIT: Comment after comment talking about LV solution. AGAIN, this is an early EARLY game issue. Obviously LV's are a solution, but you can't spawn AA halftrack and T70 in the first minutes can you? And that's exactly the period that's being discussed. Please.
6 Jan 2021, 05:08 AM

ass grens are not that hard to handle in more open maps.
6 Jan 2021, 18:26 PM

And smg tommies in uc a counter ostheer
And riflemen in wc51 counter ostheer and okw

The list go on

6 Jan 2021, 20:30 PM

As brits I find assgrens easy to deal with, the sprint ability is frustrating and seems to be what’s causing a bit of your issues, as with me it almost always causes a hard retreat or a near wipe but I honestly don’t think they are THAT bad. PGrens however.....
6 Jan 2021, 21:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Jan 2021, 20:30 PMLatch
As brits I find assgrens easy to deal with, the sprint ability is frustrating and seems to be what’s causing a bit of your issues, as with me it almost always causes a hard retreat or a near wipe but I honestly don’t think they are THAT bad. PGrens however.....

Pgrens are a completely different issue if one at all. If assgrens are used, by the time pgrens come out it's already past the critical issue being discussed here. By then the alllied (SU) player is either roasted or doing well and the assgrens early game issue is no longer valid.
6 Jan 2021, 21:59 PM

ass grens are not that hard to handle in more open maps.

do you play a lot of 1v1? what's your playercard?
7 Jan 2021, 04:17 AM

Sprint is pretty much only thing that allows them to get into combatrange effectively. With pretty bad ra (if i remember correctly) and weaponry only ever good at pointblank range, they require something, as they dont have storms smoke, ass sections wp, durability of shocks. Increasing cooldown of the sprint would be reasonable if something should be changed about it.
7 Jan 2021, 04:23 AM

do you play a lot of 1v1? what's your playercard?

Doesn't really matter what my player rank is m8. If a level 1000000 player can deal with ass grens I'm pretty sure more experienced and waay better players(like yourself) are able to that better.
7 Jan 2021, 08:28 AM

I don't think they are OP. They just require a specific playstyle to deal with. They will 1v1 beat pretty much every non-smg squad early game due to their sprint, so they are excellent vs players who spread out their units a lot. However, they perform poorly vs concentrated forces as they will take casualties on the approach. Blobbing is the best tactic if you are able to dodge the MG42 that will probably also on the field.
7 Jan 2021, 11:04 AM

Doesn't really matter what my player rank is m8. If a level 1000000 player can deal with ass grens I'm pretty sure more experienced and waay better players(like yourself) are able to that better.

Players at different levels have different levels of competence at executing tactics and using units. A unit that is easily countered at rank 2000 may not be at rank 100 simply because other players at rank 2000 don't know how to use that unit at all. Snipers are a good example of this.

That said, I dont think rank is necessary in giving good points, opinions or advice, but it can be an additional indicator of your competence.
7 Jan 2021, 14:41 PM

remove bunker from Assgren.
Pip
7 Jan 2021, 14:43 PM

remove bunker from Assgren.

Why?
7 Jan 2021, 14:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Jan 2021, 14:43 PMPip

Why?

Consistency.
Other assault infantry can't build them.
Pip
7 Jan 2021, 14:46 PM

Consistency.
Other assault infantry can't build them.

Other assault infantry's mainline counterparts can't either. This isnt a change that needs implementing.
7 Jan 2021, 14:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Jan 2021, 14:46 PMPip

Other assault infantry's mainline counterparts can't either. This isnt a change that needs implementing.

Then we need to remove it from grens for consistency too.
Pip
7 Jan 2021, 14:52 PM

Then we need to remove it from grens for consistency too.

I suppose we need to remove Fighting Positions from Assault Engineers, too, then? Even if we were to take your "Consistency" argument at face value... it isnt even the case that "all other assault infantry can't build bunkers", as AssEngies do.

They are assault infantry, too, don't try and pretend they aren't.

EDIT: And their mines, demo charges, wire-cutting, caches, and repair abilities, of course. For "Consistency".
7 Jan 2021, 14:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Jan 2021, 14:52 PMPip

I suppose we need to remove Fighting Positions from Assault Engineers, too, then? Even if we were to take your "Consistency" argument at face value... it isnt even the case that "all other assault infantry can't build bunkers", as AssEngies do.

We can't.
They are engineers.
Its in the name.
Engineers are supposed to build these things. Its consistent.

They are assault infantry, too, don't try and pretend they aren't.

Read their name very carefully and slowly, as many times as you need, no rush.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 28
unknown 1
unknown 6
United States 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %