Login

russian armor

The price of asymmetrical balance

7 Jan 2021, 12:10 PM

It is true that I mentioned going Infantry Company for access to Time On Target off-map artillery to destroy leFHs, however in my main post I suggested to rather make leFH a clone of ML20 as that would make it less obnoxious than it is now with the OP vet1 counter barrage ability. Spreading the anti-howitzer tools across different commanders would improve the variety though, so one could possibly swap TOT with other commander's off-map arty.

Lefh is need to have some way to soft counter SPA. Howitzer can be countered by both on map and off map artillery. Both methods are far less effective SPA.

7 Jan 2021, 12:21 PM

I played Calliope/Priest commander in a couple of games out of 300 as USF in 3v3. Almost exclusively I play E8 or Pershing. Even though both are considered UP ATM. E8 on maps like steppes where they can roam about and Pershing on maps like Rheine. Never had any problem with anything. Either my teammate is there to cover for the arty (katyusha or something like that), or I just flank. The amount of time people leave one VP and the area around it free is staggering. 9/10 games you will be able to send one mine sweeper with some units into a completely free zone to flank. Especially in 3v3 since people usually fight 2v2 on mid VP and 1v1 on one of the VPs. Usually the one that won it's VP lane will go to the mid lane and leave it free.

4v4 is another problem altogether. It's a BS mode that drops the FPS down to 20 later on and just is a general arty spam with low flank potential.
7 Jan 2021, 15:32 PM

Sorry guys, I couldn't reply for the last few days.

This is spot on, my main issue was not leFH and Infantry Company but rather current design of artillery that has always been one of the major issues of teamgames and meta commanders for large game modes.

100% agree. I am just as tired of having to play the same commanders to be able to compete in teamgames as you. This is why I started this thread, hoping that community feedback might lead to further game improvements.

Well, I would like to agree with BK, arty is someting in teamgames where I would agree to "spot on".

I love to play 4v4 and on map arti could be an issue but also off map planes and arti, depends how it is used.

So also Katy, Panzwerferwer, Priest, Calliope, etc.... Frankly I do not have an idea but I would be glad if here a solution could go live!

7 Jan 2021, 15:56 PM

Problem with artillery in CoH2 is that its to reliable/spamable (in team-games that is 1v1 barely ever see howitzers..).

I'd say the cooldown between barrages could be doubled, the scatter increased by +/- 50%, pop-cap increase (to disencourage the building of many artillery pieces) or each howitzer-artillery piece could be limited to 1. The latter has my favor.

But even 1 howitzer or 1 barrage can be a pain in the ass if everything hits spot on, that's probs just a "fact of CoH-life".
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★