Login

russian armor

OKW Spec Ops Doctrine (especially Radio Silence)

22 Dec 2020, 14:35 PM

So my suggestion for a rework to the commander

Radio Silence - 0 CP - 60 munitions, long cool down - Infantry can camouflage in cover, gain increased speed, and are hidden in the tact map until they attack. After they start attacking these effects are disabled.
Meant to make this an alpha strike style ability but the effects quickly wear off once units are actively engaged in combat hopefully keeping it more balanced.

Strum Officer (Replaces Flares) - 2 CP - Same as from Breakthrough doctrine
This I think fits well with Spec Ops and his abilities work quite well with other doctrine based stuff. For example him getting close with Radio Silence could let a sneaky forced retreat happen.

Infiltration Grenades - 3CP - Unchanged barring any cost changes

IR STG44 - 3CP - Unchanged

Command Panther - 12 CP - Gains “Flare” ability. Cost 60 munitions and launches a flare to a specified area that is somewhat close to the command Panther.
Sight range reduced from 50 to 45. (Maybe not needed?)
Overall this is more so an attempt to nerf flares while not removing them outright. This should make the command Panther more worthwhile and better at supporting your army while now requiring high risk to get sight lines on enemy artillery units. Another possibility could be giving a passive aura to nearby infantry increasing their defense or attack capabilities.

In the end I kinda see spec ops as a doctrine that is meant to overall empower your infantry units with various abilities. It also aims to at least try to remove the more annoying aspects of the current doctrine while keeping some of it intact.

Just my thoughts on if spec ops were to get changed.
22 Dec 2020, 14:51 PM

IR StG44 Obersoldaten camouflaged with Officer buffs and alpha strike buffs don't need to appear on the minimap because they will shred whatever unit is unlucky enough to stumble upon them. Terrible idea.
22 Dec 2020, 16:52 PM

IR StG44 Obersoldaten camouflaged with Officer buffs and alpha strike buffs don't need to appear on the minimap because they will shred whatever unit is unlucky enough to stumble upon them. Terrible idea.

If the alpha strike thing is to strong you could rework the ability to be something else. Drop the camouflage and sprint effects and have it do whatever ends up balanced. You’re probably right in it being to strong for Stug obers to be able to close the distance but without that they should preform in a more balanced form right? Even with the Officer them having to approach to maximize their power should keep them in line.
22 Dec 2020, 20:15 PM

Like I said earlier, I'd like to toy with the idea of making it timed alternate for the command Panther. Could be interesting and still strong especially in team games especially when used to flank. Then good players don't have to worry about an ability that messes with the mini map and everyone else can still enjoy something unique without it getting gutted and/or removed for like 12 people
23 Dec 2020, 05:30 AM

I think flares should reveal way less area. so you have diffirence between planes providing larger vision while flares show less but cant be shot.
23 Dec 2020, 10:12 AM

Could radio silence become sector dependant? (Like the sector artillery) That would make it way more specific on the map and both players could get that sector lit up on the minimap. That way your opponent knows that he can't see your units inside that specific sector.

Easiest and smallest change to the flares would be to tie the ability to the OKW vehicles (or just the search light unit, posibly making the unit usefull). Should be a bit cheaper tho, 40 (+/-).
25 Dec 2020, 08:32 AM

+1 to radio intercept shittery. Its tilting as fuck to have blobs of infantry running about that you have to adjust 5+ years of muscle memory to deal with.

I get that casual players may not realize this, but it isnt so simple so to as stop using tac map. It's frustrating as fuck. Get rid of the speed buff at minimum.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★