Login

russian armor

USF Crew Members

15 Dec 2020, 13:50 PM

Even though I am glad that a new patch is being developed, I am going to open a topic that is not currently being considered in the patch.

We all noticed in the last tournament how strong the USF were. I think what makes USF really strong is the ability to quickly repair their tanks thanks to the Crew Members. I think they should lose a bit of their potential since, currently, it is the only faction that has it (I'm fine with that). In addition, this ability makes REs quite unnecessary and only useful for carrying double bazookas or mine sweepers.

It might be considered evaluating any of these options for Crew Members:
- Reduce repair speed.
- Reduce cap point speed (or disable it).
- Reduce speed with which they eject and enter a vehicle.

With any other faction, when you lose a Pioneer or Engineer, you are forced to acquire another in order to repair tanks. This does not happen with USFs and it is what makes USFs really strong.
Vaz
15 Dec 2020, 14:03 PM

Maybe we could just take the repair ability off all together that way we can have hilarious moments when players try to quickly select an infantry squad to retreat and mash "T" only for them to die before the button was pressed, causing the still selected vehicle to issue a crew exit command, then they instantly die to a blob, which takes the tank and beats the USF player in their base ftw.
15 Dec 2020, 14:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Dec 2020, 14:03 PMVaz
Maybe we could just take the repair ability off all together that way we can have hilarious moments when players try to quickly select an infantry squad to retreat and mash "T" only for them to die before the button was pressed, causing the still selected vehicle to issue a crew exit command, then they instantly die to a blob, which takes the tank and beats the USF player in their base ftw.

lol yeah, I also hate that. But thats for another topic.
15 Dec 2020, 18:22 PM

It might be considered evaluating any of these options for Crew Members:
- Reduce repair speed.
Just remove vet.2 faster repair speed
- Reduce cap point speed (or disable it).
if capture ability removed, I would like to see buildable crew from Battalion command post (160mp)
- Reduce speed with which they eject and enter a vehicle.
already get delay nerf long time ago.

To be honest I hate all the Western factions repairers, they can field back their dying vehicles so fast (too F. fast).

15 Dec 2020, 18:27 PM

My personal opinion is that crews should automatically re-enter their vehicle upon finishing their repairs unless ordered otherwise.

But also have proper decrew and recrew animations like in the USF trailer where the crew is vulnerable like with the Sturmtiger reload instead of just a flat delay where they stand around doing nothing while getting shot at.
16 Dec 2020, 07:14 AM

I think that one of the skills unique to CoH2 is having your engineers in the right place at the right time - building tech, building defenses, laying mines, sweeping mines or clearing cover with flamethrowers, and repairing vehicles.

USF's engineers, however, don't perform many of these tasks. Their mines and cover are bad so noone uses them, they don't have flamethrowers, and vehicle crews do all the repairing.

That was kind of off topic. o_O

On vehicle crews, I think the crew should stay spawned as they embark and disembark, making decrewing more risky.
Another change might be making it so that they can only repair to a certain percent, say 75%, and after that REs need to finish the repairs, so that USF can't repair all its vehicles to 100% at once.
16 Dec 2020, 08:51 AM

Why would anyone nerf vehicle crews? They are super easy to kill once disembarked, combined with the buggy nature of repair/reembark, eg. you want the crew to get in when under fire but you they just refresh their repair, they fit nicely. I know you are biased Leo but nerfing crew repair is just out of this world, without buffing RE repair speed. Not only would you have to remove REs from the fight (double zooks on them is pretty important, especially in teamgames), but you'd have to micro even more, in a micro intensive faction.

The same argument one could use: Sturmpios are really overburdened with jobs, reduce cost to 220, nerf DPS, reduce population cost.... basically a bit stronger copy paste of REs.
USF has inferior armour stats wise, and better utility wise. This is reflected in crews. Any kind of nerf to them would force the player to go double REs which would strain the pop strained faction even more.
16 Dec 2020, 09:58 AM

Another change might be making it so that they can only repair to a certain percent, say 75%, and after that REs need to finish the repairs, so that USF can't repair all its vehicles to 100% at once.

+1

With this we could enhance the armor company's (iirc) "veteran crew", which in turn could be the only one to repair the tanks to 100%? Just a thought.
16 Dec 2020, 10:37 AM

I mean its somewhat meant to make up the lacking durability of their tanks later on, by being able to return to fight faster.
16 Dec 2020, 12:06 PM

I think that one of the skills unique to CoH2 is having your engineers in the right place at the right time - building tech, building defenses, laying mines, sweeping mines or clearing cover with flamethrowers, and repairing vehicles.

+1. Exactly. Repairing tanks is the job of REs. If Relic wants to use Vehicle Crews for repairs, then they should lose some repair speed, or dont repair crits because, otherwise, this make fausts somehow useless.

On vehicle crews, I think the crew should stay spawned as they embark and disembark, making decrewing more risky.

This would be also nice.
Vaz
16 Dec 2020, 15:11 PM

I mean its somewhat meant to make up the lacking durability of their tanks later on, by being able to return to fight faster.

In practice it doesn't work like that. When your sherman shells are bouncing off panthers and even panzerIV and Jackson lives a kite or die kind of life, either you win or become wreckage. Axis tanks are the ones that would benefit more from being able to return to the fight faster. Even the real life counterparts were like that. Tbh it's one of the stupid things about coh2 that coh1 didn't really suffer from, such an imbalance between costs and performance. In 1v1 it can work, things break down a lot more in team games where the normal limiter of resources becomes less of a factor for axis and what they are left with is a fleet of much higher performance units in comparison to SOME of the possible opponents. I think UKF and some of the soviet stuff still has the kind of durability to be an equivalent threat at the same skill level. USF isn't helpless, but in team games you have to have a lot more skill and put in more micro than your opponents. In 1v1 you can cut off opponent easier to delay them bringing out armor so fast or at all.
16 Dec 2020, 16:14 PM

M20 : Am I a Joke To You ?
have buff in preview patch
but someone need nerf them again
17 Dec 2020, 01:18 AM

NO !
If you do that then delete tank crews, Give RE proper Repair and lay actually mine !
Stop suggesting non sense bias idea
Vaz
17 Dec 2020, 07:18 AM

When USF is unplayable in anything but 1v1 the non-sense ideas will cease
17 Dec 2020, 11:09 AM

Vehicle Crews Repairs was a great idea when USF first appeared back in 2014 when vehicles like Jackson, M10 or Shermans were shity, had low HP and paper armor.

Nowadays almost every medium tank in the game has 640HP. Vehicles Crews are very strong and nonsense. That`s why I say that they should be toned down at some level.

17 Dec 2020, 11:13 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Dec 2020, 11:09 AMLeo251
Vehicle Crews Repairs was a great idea when USF first appeared back in 2014 when vehicles like Jackson, M10 or Shermans were shity, had low HP and paper armor.

Shermans were never shitty and neither were jacksons, in fact, while more fragile, jacksons had self spotting as well and much greater armor then they do have now.

Nowadays almost every medium tank in the game has 640HP.

So...... like it always was?

Vehicles Crews are very strong and nonsense. That`s why I say that they should be toned down at some level.

So.... like they were over the years with last issue being going over the pop cap?
17 Dec 2020, 11:18 AM

Jacksons had 480HP until some patches ago. I think M10 too.
Shermans had lower armor than today.
17 Dec 2020, 11:24 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Dec 2020, 11:18 AMLeo251
Jacksons had 480HP until some patches ago. I think M10 too.
Shermans had lower armor than today.

Jacksons had also more armor, they actually could bounce P4 and again, they had self spotting.
M10 was much cheaper at 400, however neither of the two is a medium tank.

Shermans always had 640hp. It also always had 160 armor, it was very briefly increased to 180 and then reduced back to 160.
17 Dec 2020, 12:02 PM

i cannot believe what the guy above me just wrote, im not even guna quote that nonsense. Jacksons could bounce p4?, man is thus guy serious lool, notice he didn't post armour values of the jackson pre nerf, because he knows he will look like a clown and playing with words to deceive. are u seriously indicating USF armour was fine back in the day? you were the same person saying usf was useless in late game thanks to the armour and HP of ther tanks in the past and yet you now say ther where fine in the hopes they get to keep the vehicle crews as is, my god the double standards.

Right now USF is the only faction that seems to have the special snow flake status and gets to keep FREE vehicle crews. back when ther tanks were terrible in team games, i can understand the crews but now, no way should it be kept the same. Either increase the risk as A. Soldier said or maybe make it so they can only repair crits
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★