Login

russian armor

Flashing Screen

10 Dec 2020, 02:49 AM

Whenever I leave Coh2 open, and my computer screen goes to sleep, I come back to find the game constantly flashing from a black screen. There's no way to stop it 85% of the time. Also if I exit the game while it is flashing it bricks my PC and I have to restart it.

Anyone else?
10 Dec 2020, 05:46 AM

You put your computer to sleep while running a game? I've never done that before so I don't know what would happen, but it doesn't sound advisable to me.
10 Dec 2020, 06:54 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

You put your computer to sleep while running a game? I've never done that before so I don't know what would happen, but it doesn't sound advisable to me.

I don't think it's the PC going to sleep, he said "computer screen" so I assume it's just the monitor.

@OP It sounds like there's a software issue somewhere in your GPU for this to occur, since the moniter isn't what is bricking your PC, it's the GPU most likely. You can attempt to update your GPU drivers and it's possible it'll fix the problem, but if you're running anything recent it probably won't be addressed by the GPU driver providers.

Since it seems like you know the trigger for the issue, the obvious choice is just changing how you leave your PC. Best choice is close CoH2, but you could also manually turnoff your monitor if it has a power button and see if that changes anything. You could also try changing your monitor settings so it goes to a screensaver as opposed to fully shutting off.
10 Dec 2020, 08:12 AM

I don't think it's the PC going to sleep, he said "computer screen" so I assume it's just the monitor.

Whoops. Awful reading comprehension on my part. Sorry ;)
12 Dec 2020, 23:56 PM

@OP It sounds like there's a software issue somewhere in your GPU for this to occur, since the moniter isn't what is bricking your PC, it's the GPU most likely. You can attempt to update your GPU drivers and it's possible it'll fix the problem, but if you're running anything recent it probably won't be addressed by the GPU driver providers.

Since it seems like you know the trigger for the issue, the obvious choice is just changing how you leave your PC. Best choice is close CoH2, but you could also manually turnoff your monitor if it has a power button and see if that changes anything. You could also try changing your monitor settings so it goes to a screensaver as opposed to fully shutting off.

Thanks bro, yeah I changed the settings. I was just wondering if anyone else was having the same issue. Cheers!
17 Dec 2020, 12:20 PM

Now that I think about it, it happened on my other PC as well. Which is completely different.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★