Login

russian armor

Hold the ground

2 Dec 2020, 16:37 PM

The new patch sees a fix in an ability already in game:

- Hold the Line should now trigger on friendly sectors controlled by Allies
- Hold the Line now highlights sectors for all players when active

For those not familiar with the ability it is CP 8 cost 250 munition and :

"-20% received accuracy to all squads in a friendly sector. After about 20-30 seconds, the RAF will send a plane to attack each individual enemy unit. For example, if you enemy has 10 units in your front-line sector's territory, then 10 typhoons will come to attack each individual enemy unit. If the enemy units remain and continue to loiter around in your sectors, then more typhoons will continue to make single passes at individual units until the sector is clear, your front-line territory is lost or contested, or the ability duration runs out."

Pls test the ability in preview mod, now that it is fixed and provide feedback here.
2 Dec 2020, 16:39 PM

There is already a UKF feedback thread.
2 Dec 2020, 16:40 PM

There is already a UKF feedback thread.

Thanks for the info, now pls test the ability and provide feedback in any thread you like.
2 Dec 2020, 16:56 PM

As I said in the UKF preview thread, this ability has the potential to be OP as fuck if it allows all friendly territory to be targeted which it now does, be prepared for it to be toned down.

Has the bug been fixed where the icon (or effect, unsure which) remains on sections even after the ability has long ended?

The only thing that has kept this ability under the radar is its requirement for maximum potential. As you mentioned, if the territory is decapped before 20-30 seconds, your frontline breaks and no fighters come.

If however you manage to contest it or the enemy attack after the 20-30 second mark, they can't even put a toe in the territory without being nuked.

It works wonders for late game final defences, but now imagine that across the whole front line where it is much easier to maintain the lines with 1/2/3 other players to mass the frontlines, defending against a push...

Should have remained as it is (only the players territory) but reduce the amount of time for the planes to arrive, this keeps it isolated in late game team games but also, sees its use in 1v1's more viable rather than throwing away 250 muni.
2 Dec 2020, 17:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Dec 2020, 16:56 PMLatch

Has the bug been fixed where the icon (or effect, unsure which) remains on sections eventhe ability has long ended?

When I used it a couple of times in 4vs4 game the icon was fixed after the ability run out
2 Dec 2020, 17:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Dec 2020, 16:56 PMLatch
the bug where the icon (or effect, unsure which) remains on sections even after the ability has long ended

Does someone have an idea how this bug occurs / can be reproduced?

And yes, the icon is tied to the effect itself, so it means squads have a permanent -20% RA buff.
2 Dec 2020, 17:24 PM

Does someone have an idea how this bug occurs / can be reproduced?

And yes, the icon is tied to the effect itself, so it means squads have a permanent -20% RA buff.

It did not happen to me when I used in the game. Maybe it happens when combined with suppression? I might try to test if I find someone to help me and have the time.
2 Dec 2020, 18:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Dec 2020, 17:24 PMVipper

It did not happen to me when I used in the game. Maybe it happens when combined with suppression? I might try to test if I find someone to help me and have the time.

Thank you.

If you can't find the issue while testing, keep an eye open in automatch and save the replay if you see it.
2 Dec 2020, 19:03 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Dec 2020, 16:40 PMVipper

Thanks for the info, now pls test the ability and provide feedback in any thread you like.

Avoid creating new threads unless it's to discuss something outside of the scope of the new patch. Specially if the opening post is just "guys pls test this".

This is in order to avoid everyone making a new thread for each topic of the patch.

This thread will stay as it devolved into bug solving and moved towards the corresponding section.
2 Dec 2020, 19:16 PM

Avoid creating new threads unless it's to discuss something outside of the scope of the new patch. Specially if the opening post is just "guys pls test this".

This is in order to avoid everyone making a new thread for each topic of the patch.

This thread will stay as it devolved into bug solving and moved towards the corresponding section.

The ability is broken in large mods and should be look at. The reason I did not provide feeback myself was so other can test it with an open mind.

Although this change is under fixing bugs in patch-notes it a huge buff to the ability so from balance point of view I am not even sure which thread is suitable to debate this.
2 Dec 2020, 19:55 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Dec 2020, 19:16 PMVipper

The ability is broken in large mods and should be look at. The reason I did not provide feeback myself was so other can test it with an open mind.

Although this change is under fixing bugs in patch-notes it a huge buff to the ability so from balance point of view I am not even sure which thread is suitable to debate this.

It's simple.

Balance concerns goes to the UKF discussion thread.
Announcing that there is a bug with the build goes towards the patch bug discussion.
If people want to discuss how to proc the bug, this thread should work.

If someone has a long post discussing a full rework of the ability they might as well make a new thread. As i said before, the opening post just described the ability and asked people to test it. A simple post in the other thread would had been enough.
2 Dec 2020, 20:36 PM

It's simple.

Balance concerns goes to the UKF discussion thread.
Announcing that there is a bug with the build goes towards the patch bug discussion.
If people want to discuss how to proc the bug, this thread should work.

If someone has a long post discussing a full rework of the ability they might as well make a new thread. As i said before, the opening post just described the ability and asked people to test it. A simple post in the other thread would had been enough.

I am pretty sure that the ability need a new design :).
2 Dec 2020, 20:51 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Dec 2020, 20:36 PMVipper

I am pretty sure that the ability need a new design :).

Maybe, but that was not what the initial post implied.
2 Dec 2020, 21:27 PM

Maybe one day Vipper will make his own coh2 mod with all his brilliant redesigns and we can finally catch a glimpse of the magnificent game he envisions. /s
2 Dec 2020, 21:32 PM

It might now almost be as broken OP as close the pocket.
2 Dec 2020, 21:43 PM

It might now almost be as broken OP as close the pocket.
but alla easier to pull of.
3 Dec 2020, 00:55 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Dec 2020, 21:43 PMVipper
but alla easier to pull of.

And hella easier to avoid taking any damage from.
3 Dec 2020, 03:37 AM

INB4 Hypothetical Commander Patch comes and this ability gets removed from this commander because it's a redundant munitions sink and more situational to use :D
3 Dec 2020, 11:15 AM

I also have to point that the planes attack with both rockets and mg even at target with no LOS.
3 Dec 2020, 11:17 AM

I had it tried against me in two testgames 2on2, and it is not as powerful as stated. It feels balanced for 250 ammo, it does hit hard when least expected but that's the job of the ability. Easy the avoid when you know it's going to come, like most abilities.

edit: not sure why this isn't in the UKF thread. Is there something I am missing?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★