Login

russian armor

Units and abilities have nearly no presence.

29 Oct 2020, 19:44 PM

Before you start reading or commenting, do notice that this is only a post about units and abilities I think are rare to see in the current meta. You may complain about how UP these units are. But, for those who are going to comment, think deeply if there are any other possible reasons before you drain your complaint.
Also, do note that I rarely play OKW or UKF. So I will include a shortlist for these two factions. Feel free to add more. Besides, I mostly play 3v3 and 4v4, rank around 50 - 30.

SOV:
T0: Molotov
T1: Penal(not under power for sure, at least in early game)
T2: Mortar(probably the best of all non-doc mortars since it has flare, but still rare to see.)
T3: Su76, M5(yes, a lot are built but for AA purpose only). T3 conscript upgrade.
T4: Katy(?)(The least seen non-doc rocket artillery piece, and most people won't agree on this pick which I understand why.)
Commander units and abilities:
Conscript PPsh and PTRS upgrade.
Il2 Anti infantry strafe, the advances warfare tactics one. (when are they going to fix this joke?)
Kv-8
T-34/85(probably the best premiums mediums due to its price)
IS-2
Advance fortification(denfensive tatics)
Ml20
Crew repair
Allied supply drop
Partisans(both variants)
Kv-2(?)
Light AT mine
B4

OST:
T0 none
T1: Mortar(The most being seen, but still rare)
T2: none
T3: P4(only for big game mode)
T4: none
Commander units:
Stuka anti infantries strafe(the least seen strafe)
Tactical movement
P4 command tank
Stormtrooper(?)
Tiger and Tiger Ace
Hull down
Relief infantry
Riegel 43 mine
OST puma
Panzer IV auf J

USF
T1: Mortar
T2: M20
T3: captain's supervise(I know some people want me to put it into the list, but I am personally a big fan of this ability)
T4: M8a1
Commander abilities and units:
Off map smoke barrage
USF M5
raid tactics(?)
The whole rifle company commander
P47 recon run
P47 anti infantries strafe
76mm sherman
Pershing

UKF(?):
T0: medic
T1: assault officer, Bofors
T2: 17 pdrs(?), churchill(?)
The whole advanced replacement commander
Advanced cover combat
Tank hunter infantries
Hold the line
resupply half truck

OKW(?):
T0: None(?)
T1: infrared half truck
T2: None(?)
T3: None
JT(in big game mode)
Hetzer
OKW Ostwind

(?) means I am not sure
29 Oct 2020, 19:56 PM

Unit and abilities are very tied related to game mode and maps.

Some units abilities never seen in 1vs1 are quite popular in 4vs4 for instance, the thread without mentioning what game mode is referring to is rather vague.
29 Oct 2020, 20:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Oct 2020, 19:56 PMVipper
Unit and abilities are very tied related to game mode and maps.

Some units abilities never seen in 1vs1 are quite popular in 4vs4 for instance, the thread without mentioning what game mode is referring to is rather vague.

Yeah, true. This is more like a list in the middle. I picked these units base on all game modes(except for a few).
Pip
29 Oct 2020, 20:05 PM

Im not sure if Molotovs, Katyushas,or Assault Officers are all that rarely seen. Katyushas especially are quite popular, they're the quickest nondoc arty to actually land (some of) its rockets, especially from close range.

Relief infantry and Rapid conscription are barely abilities. They both need totally reworking, encouraging the loss of models is not good design... Especially for Ostheer, where for the loss of six Grens/Pioneers/Pgrens you get Ostruppen of all things.

USF offmap smokes are not seen because USF already have the best access to smoke in the game. They generally just don't need an offmap for it.
29 Oct 2020, 20:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Oct 2020, 20:05 PMPip
Im not sure if Molotovs, Katyushas,or Assault Officers are all that rarely seen. Katyushas especially are quite popular, they're the quickest nondoc arty to actually land (some of) its rockets, especially from close range.

Relief infantry and Rapid conscription are barely abilities. They both need totally reworking, encouraging the loss of models is not good design... Especially for Ostheer, where for the loss of six Grens/Pioneers/Pgrens you get Ostruppen of all things.

USF offmap smokes are not seen because USF already have the best access to smoke in the game. They generally just don't need an offmap for it.

Yeah, Molotovs is a tricky one. I personally use it a lot. But it is still the least used Anti infantries nade.
Katy is definitely numerous but still the least seen non-doc rocket arti.
I could be wrong with the Assault Officers. I rarely play UKF. But I personally see very few of them being made.
29 Oct 2020, 20:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Oct 2020, 19:44 PMHarry

B4

This unit is just bad design IMO.

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Oct 2020, 20:09 PMHarry

Yeah, Molotovs is a tricky one. I personally use it a lot. But it is still the least used Anti infantries nade.
Katy is definitely numerous but still the least seen non-doc rocket arti.
I could be wrong with the Assault Officers. I rarely play UKF. But I personally see very few of them being made.

Molotov should seriously get looked at. Personally I see a lot of Katyushas. Assault Officer is fine, it's just not very popular because it's a close range unit while Tommies and Brens are for long range.
Pip
29 Oct 2020, 20:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Oct 2020, 20:20 PMSpoof

This unit is just bad design IMO.

Molotov should seriously get looked at. Personally I see a lot of Katyushas. Assault Officer is fine, it's just not very popular because it's a close range unit while Tommies and Brens are for long range.

The B4 is absolutely TERRIBLE design. An RNG cannon that can wipe out a medium tank in one shot... or do absolutely nothing because of poor accuracy. Very fun. Very interactive.
29 Oct 2020, 21:43 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Oct 2020, 20:04 PMHarry

Yeah, true. This is more like a list in the middle. I picked these units base on all game modes(except for a few).

That been clarified, i disagree with some choices in general (Katyusha for example) while in some other cases it's a matter of the unit/ability itself or how it only appears on a single commander which is not meta.

Some things should never be meta but a "fun" choice. Ex: Encirclement or B4.
30 Oct 2020, 00:23 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Oct 2020, 19:44 PMHarry
Before you start reading or commenting, do notice that this is only a post about units and abilities I think are rare to see in the current meta. You may complain about how UP these units are. But, for those who are going to comment, think deeply if there are any other possible reasons before you drain your complaint.
Also, do note that I rarely play OKW or UKF. So I will include a shortlist for these two factions. Feel free to add more. Besides, I mostly play 3v3 and 4v4, rank around 50 - 30.

SOV:
T0: Molotov
T1: Penal(not under power for sure, at least in early game)
T2: Mortar(probably the best of all non-doc mortars since it has flare, but still rare to see.)
T3: Su76, M5(yes, a lot are built but for AA purpose only). T3 conscript upgrade.
T4: Katy(The least seen non-doc rocket artillery piece)(Most people don't agree with it and I understand why)
Conscript PPsh and PTRS upgrade.
Il2 Anti infantry strafe, the advances warfare tactics one. (when are they going to fix this joke?)
Kv-8
T-34/85(probably the best premiums mediums due to its price)
IS-2
Advance fortification(denfensive tatics)
Ml20
Crew repair
Allied supply drop
Partisans(both variants)
Kv-2(?)
Light AT mine
B4

OST:
T0 none
T1: Mortar(The most being seen, but still rare)
T2: none
T3: P4(only for big game mode)
T4: none
Commander units:
Stuka anti infantries strafe(the least seen strafe)
Tactical movement
P4 command tank
Stormtrooper(?)
Tiger and Tiger Ace
Hull down
Relief infantry
Riegel 43 mine
OST puma
Panzer IV auf J

USF
T1: Mortar
T2: M20
T3: captain's supervise(I know some people want me to put it into the list, but I am personally a big fan of this ability)
T4: M8a1
Off map smoke barrage
USF M5
raid tactics(?)
The whole rifle company commander
P47 recon run
P47 anti infantries strafe
76mm sherman
Pershing

UKF(?):
T0: medic