Login

russian armor

Obersoldaten and their Timing

27 Oct 2020, 23:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Oct 2020, 23:33 PMPip

Fallschirmjager even had the extra utility of acting as an Ambush unit, and being able to be dropped anywhere you like. Obers don't have this luxury, and somehow are going to be unreasonably broken? I'm not really seeing it.

I'm interested in seeing how JLI compare... Though It's admittedly rather hard to just go from their pure stats, as their real strength is their Snipe (And ability to outrange infantry at vet. Im not imagining this part, right?)

Fallschirmjagers are pretty OP though... stealth paradropped obersoldaten which come with even more DPS off the bat is extremely OP... the only decent counter to them is a grenade or a light vehicle but theyre still extremely broken nonetheless...

Dont even get me started on falls + valiant assault... even more broken than penals + for the motherland in its prime....

Would highly recommend a fallschirmjager nerf instead of trying to compare obers to them....

In any case ive already laid out what i think okw needs... its mostly a tech tree change soo the faction becomes alot less wonky... maybe faust should be made to come a bit earlier aswell? A low cost sidegrade ala soviet perhaps?
27 Oct 2020, 23:59 PM

Like it isnt the case already. UKF always gets AEC and USF either sturt or AAHT, let alone soviet T70. If as alies, you skip LVs then you are roflstomping your opponent really hard.

Atm its because its simply effective, not because infantry suddenly stops working, because hitlerium enhanced ubermenschen hit the field.

And in soviet case, their early-mid game is DEAD without doctrinal infantry, so T-70 is the only, exclusive thing they have to lean on to get through it.
28 Oct 2020, 00:24 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Oct 2020, 23:51 PMgbem

You underestimate how powerful obersoldaten KARs are... they can reliably beat IS is long range cover to cover fights and can wreck rifles with a nukenade... sov meanwhile has absolutely 0 response to 5 minute obers beyond alt F4 or shocks... your suggestion will make the worst faction ingame completely unplayable...

sniper will bleed obers like they are late war germany making a desperate last ditch effort to end the war driving through the Ardennes
28 Oct 2020, 00:30 AM

sniper will bleed obers like they are late war germany making a desperate last ditch effort to end the war driving through the Ardennes

Sov will still have trouble fielding an effective frontline against obers since they get wet noodle infantry till 7 man...

Only ukf has a decent chance of fighting 5 minute obers off...
28 Oct 2020, 01:18 AM

I agree with this thread, Obers should be in HQ.

Just put a restriction that every full tier should be built and it’s perfect.
Pip
28 Oct 2020, 01:22 AM

I agree with this thread, Obers should be in HQ.

Just put a restriction that every full tier should be built and it’s perfect.

Please stop messing about, surely you have something actually constructive to say.
28 Oct 2020, 01:42 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Oct 2020, 01:22 AMPip

Please stop messing about, surely you have something actually constructive to say.

1) I am dead serious

2) Here’s something constructive: stop being Axis biased
28 Oct 2020, 06:26 AM

At first I agreed with obers coming even earlier, but based on my experience playing with and against them now I do agree that they shouldn't be allowed to farm vet.
Everybody is talking about their rifles, how they compare to other mainlines, but we are forgeting to consider their extremely potent bundle nades. Thoses nades alone, just like in the case of PGs, may win many engagements and get tons of xp for the squad. Especially in early game when obers would have to worry less about getting in throwing range.
28 Oct 2020, 07:56 AM

Imo allowing the PG to come earlier did not improve the game and allowing ober to come earlier will not improve the game other.

On the other hand obers without lmg are not that good of unit.
28 Oct 2020, 09:41 AM

Obers come in just time.Problem is they are quite fragile but firepower consolidate it.
28 Oct 2020, 09:48 AM

Obers come in just time.Problem is they are quite fragile but firepower consolidate it.

0.7 target size at vet0 is anything but fragile.
They are comparably as tanky as shocks, but don't need to close in.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 33
unknown 20
Mexico 17
Germany 818
New Zealand 13
United States 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W