Login

russian armor

Tripwire flare don't kill a vet 3 grenadier model

27 Sep 2020, 16:37 PM

Is this intended or simply overlooked when implementing the received damage modifier on Grenadiers before, I don't know. If it was intended, you can ignore this but I think it wasn't.
Grenadiers at veterancy 3, survive from a tripwire flare which is supposed to kill a model from the squad.

Proof

Picture is rather low-resolution but you can always test it yourself with ease if you don't believe me.

Edit: I have also uploaded a video on it
27 Sep 2020, 17:04 PM

So it would appear tripwire does not do kill crit, but 80 dmg instead.
You could confirm that with sniper of any faction as they have 82 hp too.
27 Sep 2020, 17:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Sep 2020, 17:04 PMKatitof

That is correct, trip wire flare does not kill sniper either.
27 Sep 2020, 17:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Sep 2020, 17:04 PMKatitof

Yes, that's the case but I'd like to know if it was intended for vet3 Grenadiers resist to tripwire flare while implementing the reduced damage modifier on them. If it wasn't intended (from a balance perspective), it should be fixed.

This is what it says in the notes of the balance patch which implemented grenadiers' reduced damage modifier:

"We think Grenadiers are in a good spot in terms of their combat performance, but with only 4 models, they get wiped too easily once heavy indirect fire and big guns start roaming the battlefield. We’d like to trial a change that replaces their veterancy 3 Received Accuracy with a Damage Reduction modifier. This should help Grenadiers survive explosions damage in the late game, without really having an impact on their durability versus small arms fire."

Since it doesn't say anything about mines, I assume it wasn't intended result of this change.
27 Sep 2020, 17:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Sep 2020, 17:16 PMRaxzero

Yes, that's the case but I'd like to know if it was intended for vet3 Grenadiers resist to tripwire flare while implementing the reduced damage modifier on them. If it wasn't intended (from a balance perspective), it should be fixed.

This is what it says in the notes of the balance patch which implemented grenadiers' reduced damage modifier:

"We think Grenadiers are in a good spot in terms of their combat performance, but with only 4 models, they get wiped too easily once heavy indirect fire and big guns start roaming the battlefield. We’d like to trial a change that replaces their veterancy 3 Received Accuracy with a Damage Reduction modifier. This should help Grenadiers survive explosions damage in the late game, without really having an impact on their durability versus small arms fire."

Since it doesn't say anything about mines, I assume it wasn't intended result of this change.

More of an oversight then intended, no one even thought about it before and the fact it came out so late after the change was made is a testament to that.

I don't mind tho, late game cons stand up to grens anyway now.
28 Sep 2020, 17:40 PM

Tripwire shouldn't kill in the first place. Its just a spotting object. Not a mine.
28 Sep 2020, 19:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Sep 2020, 17:40 PMLeo251
Tripwire shouldn't kill in the first place. Its just a spotting object. Not a mine.

It is a mine with utility. Tripwire flare has been fatal since inception.
28 Sep 2020, 19:52 PM

It is a mine with utility. Tripwire flare has been fatal since inception.

But what is the actual point of making it fatal? As far as I know, the Soviets didn't even have light AP mines. Might as well just make it 5 muni for a flare.
28 Sep 2020, 19:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Sep 2020, 19:52 PMSpoof

But what is the actual point of making it fatal? As far as I know, the Soviets didn't even have light AP mines. Might as well just make it 5 muni for a flare.

This discussion is as pointless as it could be.
Tripwire mines always killed model and always will deal damage.
This will never change, because its too minor and niche thing to even address, now that squad wipe trick is out of the game.
28 Sep 2020, 20:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Sep 2020, 19:59 PMKatitof

This discussion is as pointless as it could be.
Tripwire mines always killed model and always will deal damage.
This will never change, because its too minor and niche thing to even address, now that squad wipe trick is out of the game.

What's the squad wipe trick?
28 Sep 2020, 20:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Sep 2020, 20:08 PMSpoof

What's the squad wipe trick?

You could put tripwire on the entrance of buildings, so when squad existed the building(most frequently from behind to dodge nade or sth), all models would stack at same spot and tripwire would wipe them all.

After that was meta for a bit, kill count was hard capped to 1 for tripwire.
28 Sep 2020, 20:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Sep 2020, 19:52 PMSpoof

Well you know wrong, the Tripwire flare is actually based on the Soviet POMZ series anti-personnel mine. The mine was staked into the ground and attached to a tripwire which would detonate the mine when broken.

The flare aspect of the mine is fictional, but the mine itself is real, and fatal.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

United Kingdom 149
unknown 4
unknown 1
United States 22

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %