Login

russian armor

'Initial' Vehicle Adjustment Ideas

24 Aug 2020, 01:48 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

With the recent threads about the WC51, here is my response to the unit and all similar units.

Note, I have slightly tone down the weapons since the video. And sorry for the bad audio quality.

For me, the WC51, M3A1 Scout car, Kubel, and the Universal Carrier always have felt 'off.' Their life span is quite limited and their role even more so. So, I have adjusted them in my mod. Primarily their turn rates have been greatly increased due to how clunky they feel. Their health and armor has been adjusted so engagements are more reliable. All rifles penetration has also be increased to 1.5 from 1. This should make them more of a standalone unit rather than a single purpose unit. Their flanking capabilities and response times are increased so they can a great support units while able to support capturing.
24 Aug 2020, 04:31 AM

With the recent threads about the WC51, here is my response to the unit and all similar units.

Note, I have slightly tone down the weapons since the video. And sorry for the bad audio quality.

For me, the WC51, M3A1 Scout car, Kubel, and the Universal Carrier always have felt 'off.' Their life span is quite limited and their role even more so. So, I have adjusted them in my mod. Primarily their turn rates have been greatly increased due to how clunky they feel. Their health and armor has been adjusted so engagements are more reliable. All rifles penetration has also be increased to 1.5 from 1. This should make them more of a standalone unit rather than a single purpose unit. Their flanking capabilities and response times are increased so they can a great support units while able to support capturing.

Rifle penetration being increased to 1.5 with be a ninja nerf to shock troops btw
24 Aug 2020, 04:40 AM

Kinda skimmed the video but it looks really solid to me. It's a big change and as Felix said, a nerf to shocks but I think it has merit. I'd like to see where this goes.
24 Aug 2020, 09:47 AM

I am sorry that some of my comment might be out of point but I could not really follow the video since the sound level of the game was allot higher than the sound of the comment and I couldn't follow them.

Imo the issues with "micro" light have to do with:

Inconsistent DPS curves, inconsistent moving modifiers, inconsistent modifier.

High modifier for off road and on road movement

Early hard counter time like 222 (imo the 221 should return and 222 should be delay and redesigned)

Inconstant durability with different armour, HP
and damage modifiers

Change could also include:
Lowering pop with veterancy

Less RNG for passenger when vehicle is destroyed like removal of death or hard cap to number of casualties, health damage/suppression instead.

Lowering power level of some of these unit, (for instance wasp could become earlier available and cheaper but have the DOT damage moved to an ability instead of always on)

24 Aug 2020, 12:25 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Rifle penetration being increased to 1.5 with be a ninja nerf to shock troops btw

That was an over sight but they can easily be changed to target size anyways, but to be fair shock troops are over performing. I did some testing, and this may make shock troops more balance at the moment.
24 Aug 2020, 12:43 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Aug 2020, 09:47 AMVipper
I am sorry that some of my comment might be out of point but I could not really follow the video since the sound level of the game was allot higher than the sound of the comment and I couldn't follow them.

Imo the issues with "micro" light have to do with:

Inconsistent DPS curves, inconsistent moving modifiers, inconsistent modifier.

High modifier for off road and on road movement

Early hard counter time like 222 (imo the 221 should return and 222 should be delay and redesigned)

Inconstant durability with different armour, HP
and damage modifiers

Change could also include:
Lowering pop with veterancy

Less RNG for passenger when vehicle is destroyed like removal of death or hard cap to number of casualties, health damage/suppression instead.

Lowering power level of some of these unit, (for instance wasp could become earlier available and cheaper but have the DOT damage moved to an ability instead of always on)

I will see if can play with the audio to fix it.

The turn rates were adjusted to the units will get less caught up on the terrain.

This is why I have the 221 in the mod and the 221 can arrive earlier while the 222 upgrade arrives later, requiring battlephase 1

In the video the armor values are 2 for high damage weapons and 3 for lower damage weapons. The health is at 320. The higher health also means repairs will take longer, tying up engineers for a longer amount of time.

I have not touched the veterancy but lowering pop with veterancy is interesting.

The death of passengers is and only tied to a chance which can be removed. It may be possible to apply a 'mine' effect upon the passengers on death. The reason teller mines seem like they wipe squads so easily is probably because it does not a limit on model deaths and the aoe effect probably kills some/all models.

I will continue to play around the values.
24 Aug 2020, 13:35 PM

One has to be careful switching armor for health. Even though it does make engagements more reliable/predictable, it can have the negative side effect of equalizing the cost of repairing (having to wait for engineers, having engineers and the vehicle out of the fight for long amounts of time) with the benefit of using a vehicle (no manpower bleed) too much. I don't consider this a problem for high value units like the Pershing and the Panther that got the same treatment, but it can be a problem for early game light vehicles that only have a short window to prove their worth.

This was a big problem for the Kubel after it got the armor/health switch, and ultimately we had to fix this by giving it a damage reduction modifier, although it could be argued that the Kubel would also be the most extreme case because Sturmpioneers are obviously the most valuable early game engineer unit. But I could see this becoming a problem for the other "ultra" light vehicles too.
24 Aug 2020, 13:39 PM

thanks for reading and responding to my post.

My point about mobility has to do with modifier units with wheel have for driving on road and crates. I suspect that part of their problems with pathfinding has to do with the fact that the gaps of modifier between road and crates are simply too wide. Imo one should test lowering that gap.

Although I can not test atm it seems to me that you might have to check how effective are these vehicles to kill retreating squads.

I would also suggest testing of removing the DOT from WASP and moving into an ability (it could possibly work as incendiary grenades work)

Imo being able to counter shock troops is not an issue.
24 Aug 2020, 20:33 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Aug 2020, 13:39 PMVipper

thanks for reading and responding to my post.

My point about mobility has to do with modifier units with wheel have for driving on road and crates. I suspect that part of their problems with pathfinding has to do with the fact that the gaps of modifier between road and crates are simply too wide. Imo one should test lowering that gap.

Although I can not test atm it seems to me that you might have to check how effective are these vehicles to kill retreating squads.

I would also suggest testing of removing the DOT from WASP and moving into an ability (it could possibly work as incendiary grenades work)

Imo being able to counter shock troops is not an issue.

Testing of chasing down retreating squads can be a bit hard, but it seems fine still a relative easy fix.

Do not worry, I have toned down the damage and gpu resources, in which you can play around with it in the mod. Instead of point target like a grenade, I decide to look at the Centaur's ability instead. Able to strafe an area with flames.

Also, I fixed the audio issues in the original, so I am more clear. (still uploading)
25 Aug 2020, 08:54 AM

Testing of chasing down retreating squads can be a bit hard, but it seems fine still a relative easy fix.

Do not worry, I have toned down the damage and gpu resources, in which you can play around with it in the mod. Instead of point target like a grenade, I decide to look at the Centaur's ability instead. Able to strafe an area with flames.

Also, I fixed the audio issues in the original, so I am more clear. (still uploading)

That sound interesting. Does the ability require line of fire or can it be used behind shot blockers?
(Imo such a change should be applies to most flame vehicles, since it will allow them to be strong but for a limited amount of time)

Unfortunately I can not currently try it.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★