Login

russian armor

Time to talk about ml20.

7 Aug 2020, 19:31 PM

I thought this thread was about the M20 and how it got nerfed into irrelevancy.
7 Aug 2020, 20:02 PM

I feel like all Soviet dedicated artillery; the M-41 Mortar, the Katyusha, the ML-20; have all suffered from the removal of the Precision Strike ability. While it was a cheesy and poorly thought out ability, it was the only reason most of these were used, the ability carried these units.

The M-41 and ML-20 should both be given a Zeroing Barrage at Vet 1 where the scatter becomes tighter and tighter with each shot round, until the last one round which acts similar to the Precision Strike.

Facts!
7 Aug 2020, 21:27 PM

Katitof: you wrote:
''You do realize that M20 is NOT more durable then 222? It takes the exact same 2 AT shots to take it down.
Also, 222 IS your scouting option that also serves as cheap, but effective AA unit.
Oh and T-70 is less effective scout then 222.''

These facts are known to me, im talking about something that survives 2 AT shot, with gun and speed to go dive/spot arty, something that is between 222 and pz4/ostwind
and your sarcasm you can keep for yourself boy, thank you very much
8 Aug 2020, 00:21 AM

Katitof: you wrote:
''You do realize that M20 is NOT more durable then 222? It takes the exact same 2 AT shots to take it down.
Also, 222 IS your scouting option that also serves as cheap, but effective AA unit.
Oh and T-70 is less effective scout then 222.''

These facts are known to me, im talking about something that survives 2 AT shot, with gun and speed to go dive/spot arty, something that is between 222 and pz4/ostwind
and your sarcasm you can keep for yourself boy, thank you very much

Guys stay on the topic; this thread is about ml20.
8 Aug 2020, 00:38 AM

No need to get an ml20 when you have access to a bombing run and howitzer in one. Definitely even less so with a meta that gets your arty piece deleted.

Remove bombing/stuka runs from the big boys and see how it goes after that.
8 Aug 2020, 09:30 AM

Besides the recon run + off map bombing that makes the soviet arty impossible to use i would like to add that the LeFH counter barrage ability shuts down the allied artillery maybe a bit too hard in my opinion.
8 Aug 2020, 09:53 AM

Besides the recon run + off map bombing that makes the soviet arty impossible to use i would like to add that the LeFH counter barrage ability shuts down the allied artillery maybe a bit too hard in my opinion.

The one change I would make with the counter barrage would to adjust the aoe as its keeps its high aoe with 200 damage while retaining the large aoe distance.

This means it has a near wipe potential for modals with a whopping 70 damage at 4 meters if im correct.

This is a huge problem for retreating infantry who are already damaged, I think its flat out unnecessary.
8 Aug 2020, 10:29 AM

The one change I would make with the counter barrage would to adjust the aoe as its keeps its high aoe with 200 damage while retaining the large aoe distance.

This means it has a near wipe potential for modals with a whopping 70 damage at 4 meters if im correct.

This is a huge problem for retreating infantry who are already damaged, I think its flat out unnecessary.

It would be if the counter barrage was actually targeting retreating infantry. It does not, it targets unit with indirect fire that can be moved to position away from "retreating infantry".
8 Aug 2020, 10:39 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Aug 2020, 10:29 AMVipper

It would be if the counter barrage was actually targeting retreating infantry. It does not, it targets unit with indirect fire that can be moved to position away from "retreating infantry".

Dosnt justify why the aoe should not be change to that as the ml20s.
MMX
8 Aug 2020, 11:00 AM

Dosnt justify why the aoe should not be change to that as the ml20s.

while that would make sense for the sake of consistency, i don't see a problem with the higher damage output of the lefh's counter barrage mode. without it, the ability would be more or less useless, as it is unfortunately for most other units that have it.
also, i'd have to agree with vipper that bringing retreating units as an argument doesn't really make sense here, unless of course you're placing your indirect fire pieces right next to your base / FRP.
8 Aug 2020, 11:13 AM

I find the statistic artillery to be completely underwhelming (ml20 & Lefh) when compared to werfer and katyusha. I always opt to go for the latter. The issues with statistic artillery in a scenario where we talk about top100 players:
-Statistic artillery lacks deadly alphastrike that can be delivered hit & run style from closer proximity
-mobile artillery avoids getting hard countered by call in arty
-the cost difference does not make up for them.

I think that taking in the meta in the temagames: If the enemy does not blow up your easy to kill static artillery you should be rewarded more. The risk/gain ratio for static artillery just isn't there in my mind.

As a sidenote I also think that the counterartillery ability of LeFH is a noobtrap meme tier ability that only saves you few clicks of APM. This ability should be reworked to give more significant performance bonuses and it should also be given to ML20 to make statistic artillery more appealing.
8 Aug 2020, 12:34 PM

static arty needs a role/function ingame. and like all things, can be countered and destroyed, its hisk risk, high reward play.
-b4 is counter for alot (RNG willing)
-lefh main purpose is counter arty
-while ml-20 lacks flavour, it is a run-of-the-mill static arty, and could use something to make it more viable in the meta.
9 Aug 2020, 03:34 AM

-lefh main purpose is counter arty.

Just going to go out and say that its stupid that an arty countering arty basically means your opponent can't have arty while you are free to have some arty. I think this is really stupid.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★