Login

russian armor

2v2 Map Removal

29 Jul 2020, 19:48 PM

Since we can vote for a map removal, i figured, that we open a discussion thread.
29 Jul 2020, 19:59 PM

Is it finally time to see Lierneux and Poltawa get deleted?
29 Jul 2020, 20:03 PM

crossing as the only map for all modes
29 Jul 2020, 20:15 PM

Into the trash goes:

Lierneux - Awful map, should never have lived this long.
Road to Kharkov - North Kharkov, nuff said.
Poltawa - The worst designed map in the game. Who came up with this nonsense?
Rails and Metal - Hopeless map. Get rid.
29 Jul 2020, 20:44 PM

Apparently Rails and Metal isn’t getting fixed with Rickie Rifle’s version. Shameful.
29 Jul 2020, 20:56 PM

Road to North Kharkov for reasons that are clearly visible by the naked eye and should have been seen by the mapmaker as well

Moscow outskirts for same reason- You know what Hell looks like? You play Coh2 for all eternity, except in every match you end up on that map and get north spawn there

Minsk also has significant imbalance on top of being just another long narrow tunnel with zero room for flanking

As for the rest, I guess Poltawa. The base exits are even more fucked than usual and it always ends up in an arty fest
29 Jul 2020, 21:40 PM

Delete Poltawa out of this universe please, I cant believe someone actually thought it was a good idea to put the worst designed map in automatch.
29 Jul 2020, 22:01 PM

It's weird how everyone hates the same maps but in the map statistics everyone seems to play them.

Road to Kharkov second most played map, Rails third most played map. Poltawa 7th most played map.

And if you look at Siphon's statistics it isn't super elo-dependend either. How often the maps are played is spread relatively evenly.
29 Jul 2020, 22:12 PM

Lierneux needs to go because it just does not fit into COH2 automatch in 2020. It seems like a relic of coh2's earlier years where the maps where very different to what we have now.

Poltawa is another one that absolutely MUST go because of how boring games are and how much you are forced to spam artillery to brake the inevitable stale-mate for the middle VP. I do not like having four houses in the middle of the map, spread around the VP. Not sure why someone thought this was a good idea. Also very very confused why this map won the 2v2 map contest and was voted as the best map by the players playing in the map tournament in 2017.

Minsk is another map that is basically like that which is why I don't like it either. Plus it has no balance as north side has it way harder.

Kharkov and Rails are popular maps but equally terrible. Campy playstyles are promoted and there is no north/south balance. Too hard to flank team weapons.
30 Jul 2020, 00:19 AM

Poltawa,and Minsk Pocket
30 Jul 2020, 08:25 AM

Vaux Farmland
Stadshutte
Road to Karhkov

Funny to see alot of players hating Poltawa and Minsk while I don't really mind playing them. Believe that the matchmaking made me play Minsk single most of all 2v2 maps.

Poltawa -> Arty map? Mostly I just see flamers and shock units.
30 Jul 2020, 13:33 PM

I hope Minsk,Moscow,Charkov and Lierneaux will be removed. I never understood why these maps stayed but Ponary Forest was removed.
30 Jul 2020, 14:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jul 2020, 13:33 PMSmartie
I hope Minsk,Moscow,Charkov and Lierneaux will be removed. I never understood why these maps stayed but Ponary Forest was removed.

Those were my suggestions as well. Imo by far the worst offenders. Poltawa would be my number 5.

Rails and metals - while being boring sometimes - isnt the biggest.
30 Jul 2020, 14:31 PM

Rails and Metal 2v2 could do with either an upgrade or removal. That map is just plain boring and feels like just going through a flowchart with endless ifs..
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 34
Peru 23
unknown 22
United Kingdom 207
Germany 37
United States 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W