Login

russian armor

M3A1 scout car scaling

29 Jul 2020, 21:37 PM

I don't want to give medikit drop to the M3A1, cuz it would be a core gameplay change to the soviets. I mean one of the key weaknesses of the faction is that it lacks field healing (apart from that 3 doctrines), but has the largest squad numbers. It's the same as why ostheer is not getting a non-doctrinal forward retreat point (at least one doctrinal would be nice tho...), it would be a core change to them. On the other hand they have a large abundance of field healing and reinforcement posibilites.
Also, I don't want to give map hack to the M3A1 either, cuz like every second soviet vehicle has the tracking ability, it wouldn't be that unique.
Point capturing wouldn't be a big deal either, t70 and t34 can do that too.
Infantry suppression sounds meh too, the quad does that perfectly.

That's why I thought about button vehicle ability for example, a soft snaring ability that unlike ramming doesn't require the vehicle to be (most likely) sacrificed in the process.
29 Jul 2020, 22:14 PM

cheapest of all the LV's in game? suppose something has to be cheap/bottom tier enough to only be a one-trick-pony.
But if you give M3A1 the flare ability vet 2ish, you could scout well ahead if you wanna perform a small and quick attack on unguarded arty/okw base/fuel cache + other juicy stuff with a penal batt in the boot.
perhaps even give it mobile camoflage? so it can be effective mid-late game to deliver a sneaky satchel somewhere?
30 Jul 2020, 00:41 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jul 2020, 09:21 AMA table

Would it be medkits like OKW, that heal all surrounding infantry in a radius? Or just a box for 1 squad w/o AOE heal?

If soviets have the ability to heal more than half their army for 15 munitions, there would be little incentive to buy base medics(rather get 1 more cons that can be cheaply healed). 15 muni is not that huge of a muni sink every few minutes.

I'd personally prefer to see a smoke barrage for 30 muni similiar to the ability from Heavy cavalry commander from USF(with a delay of 6 sec or so), but that is possibly a fantasy in this stage of development. Atleast i wouldn't have to buy a mortar if i want to smoke a VP or team weapon.

If I were designing the ability, it would be a 20 munitions for 1 aoe heal crate, with a 3 minute cooldown. The limit to 1 every 3 minutes would mean that you could not keep your entire army healed the entire time, and keep in mind that you would have to keep the M3A1 alive Untill you build T3.

This would mean that even if you managed to keep the M3 alive, you would spend the entire time until T3 is purchased with no healing if you don’t get medics, and even after T3 you would be unable to heal your full army.
30 Jul 2020, 03:18 AM

IMO light tiers vehicles are trashables. M3A1 having lategame is good, but not fundamentally important
Mainlines on the other side are not discardables, unless we consider ostruppen.
30 Jul 2020, 08:26 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

IMO light tiers vehicles are trashables. M3A1 having lategame is good, but not fundamentally important
Mainlines on the other side are not discardables, unless we consider ostruppen.

I find this design a real shame though.
Late game, everything beneath a medium is not viable anymore. I am not sure how much of this is fixable by stats, because a lot of the problems lie within general game design (pace, map size, how spotting works etc). But the late vehicle game is usually about 2 types of vehicles slugging it out until one side gets rushed or game fatigue sets in an one player starts loosing them one after another. It can still be good fun, but there's just so much wasted potential.

If we can give some late game utility to lighter vehicles, that's a plus for me.
Therefore, I'll just throw a offmap smoke ability for the M3A1 into the pot. That's something usefull that Soviets in general and especially T1 builds don't really have access to. Probably something like vet 2 if the Scout car gets shared vet.
30 Jul 2020, 08:32 AM

Lighter vehicles should have worthy and relevant abilities that are only available after building the faction's last tier building.
30 Jul 2020, 10:10 AM

Its an example to help you understand my point and what YOU yourself are saying.

As expected, it went completely over your head, but everyone else should see it obvious enough.

I'll spell the point again just for you as I expect everyone else to understand it easily:

Just because its an early game unit, does not mean it can't have place in late game. Other lights have early game shock value AND late game utility, 221 becomes "field medic" and/or resource booster, 222 hardcounters infiltration troops and is reliable AA, M20 has its mines, kubeljesus and UC have least of that utility, but its fine for mp only vehicles, if there is nothing wrong with that, there is nothing wrong with giving M3 purpose past 5th minute and there is no need nor reasonable justification to take away anything from M3 for it.
30 Jul 2020, 10:25 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jul 2020, 10:10 AMKatitof
Its an example to help you understand my point and what YOU yourself are saying.

As expected, it went completely over your head, but everyone else should see it obvious enough.

Pls stop doing me any favours.

Actually the only reason why you are responding to my every post is because you are obsessed to prove me wrong.

That has become even more obvious by you post in the shoutbox:
"Katitof: Its really beyond me how anyone still takes him seriously around here, he clings to non existing principals, enforces own opinions as unquestionable facts and his ideas of buffs always nerf something hard, usually the unit he "buffs"
Today, 09:25 AM"

Actually you are one that keeps quoting me again and again and now it clear that only reason you do that is your obsessive behaviour.

I'll spell the point again just for you as I expect everyone else to understand it easily:

Just because its an early game unit, does not mean it can't have place in late game. Other lights have early game shock value AND late game utility, 221 becomes "field medic" and/or resource booster, 222 hardcounters infiltration troops and is reliable AA, M20 has its mines, kubeljesus and UC have least of that utility, but its fine for mp only vehicles, if there is nothing wrong with that, there is nothing wrong with giving M3 purpose past 5th minute and there is no need nor reasonable justification to take away anything from M3 for it.

And you have completely missed my point because not the 221 nor the 222 nor m20 nor kubel has the shock value of the flamer clown car.
30 Jul 2020, 10:40 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

snip

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jul 2020, 10:25 AMVipper
snip

Last warning for you two to learn how to properly use a PM. This is not turning into yet another Vipper vs Katitof thread.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★