Login

russian armor

Toxic

• This thread is locked
PAGES (3)down
25 Jul 2020, 18:35 PM

it depends. Some people are full of sh*t and cant avoid being douchebags.
Others, want to be worshipped because they can be mean to others and no one cant answer back with a straight face.
Lastly and the vast mayority of toxic people are simply emotionally immature people that also lack some basic communication skills. Its like a kid but sometimes its a grown up kid
25 Jul 2020, 18:46 PM

it depends. Some people are full of sh*t and cant avoid being douchebags.
Others, want to be worshipped because they can be mean to others and no one cant answer back with a straight face.
Lastly and the vast mayority of toxic people are simply emotionally immature people that also lack some basic communication skills. Its like a kid but sometimes its a grown up kid

bachelor in psychology or just hobby psychiatrist?
nice insight though :D
25 Jul 2020, 18:48 PM

"[...]What the game needs is a better ping system.[...]

pings tend to make me angry
guess its a trauma i still have from my old League days
25 Jul 2020, 19:26 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I also get what your saying. Those who actualy lack the mental capacity are imo few. They also dont complain as much i feel. The tend to full nuclear on chat as well.

The vast majority of people who complain about mean words online have lived in fairy land and got treated with kid gloves, noone ever said anything mean to them or critisized them. Becoming highly entitled and offended by everything. This happend accros the west unfortunatly. This has to stop.

I dont want rules and certain words getting you banned out of the bleu. Giving in to the complainers just makes them demand more of the same.

I agree with the concept that slurs and other profanity words and simple words and the problem is the intention behind them. Through experience, it seems mostly the Americans who are more triggered by the existence of those words more than anyone else.

The thing is, if you don't know how to communicate properly or give up easily in a toxic pointless spiral on chat, you might as well lose that right to use it. Keep playing while been muted.

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jul 2020, 18:46 PMBaba

bachelor in psychology or just hobby psychiatrist?
nice insight though :D

It's actually kinda true. At least in this genre/game. Have you seen the Day9 vid?

Do you think a 12 year old kid is playing CoH2? No, it's the 20/50 year old who likes WW2 who is frustrated with the game, studies, work, family, whatever who slashes out cause on top of having a stressful moment in life, the game is also making him stressed. And whatever is happening in the game makes him feel justified to vent out to whoever is in proximity cause things don't go the way they think they should go.

26 Jul 2020, 05:15 AM

I agree with the concept that slurs and other profanity words and simple words and the problem is the intention behind them. Through experience, it seems mostly the Americans who are more triggered by the existence of those words more than anyone else.

The thing is, if you don't know how to communicate properly or give up easily in a toxic pointless spiral on chat, you might as well lose that right to use it. Keep playing while been muted.

People who cant function normaly or correctly in chat or communicating just loosing voice or text chat is better then outright bans indeed. Expect for the really agrgious stuff they should get a 3 strike ban system.

This way you wont cave to the perpetionaly and preffesionaly offended/victims online. When you give these people a finger they will take your hand and rip off your arm and blame you for the blood spatters.

26 Jul 2020, 07:14 AM
Patrion 310

Fichten beating me to all sorts of mod things recently. No politics.

Then move these sort of things/relevant politics to Scrap Yard. I dislike politics in gaming as well but this culture war and second cold war will keep spreading into gaming.
Big gaming and media corporations also won't stop with the political pandering and censorship.

See below arguments from Thezipper100 which I fully agree with as relevant vs irrelevant politics;
https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/dgv8u7/i_would_like_to_thank_blizzard/
ElwoodJD
People who say “keep politics out of my (insert thing here)” are not only gutless but mindless. Politics pervasively shapes every aspect of our lives, and for those without the privilege of living in even a fairly democratic society it’s the equivalent of saying “I don’t want your suffering to ruin my good time.“

Thezipper100
I actually understand that viewpoint when it's irrelevant politics (I.E. bringing up the us' abysmal homelessness situation during a R6 match), as we use games to distract ourselves from this shithole of a world, especially shit we can't do much against.

However, Blizzard MADE this relevant. They pushed it in front of everyone and made it related and relevant, all while showing their higher ups as some of the worst scumbags imaginable.

That's what the people complaining about politics need to understand, it's relevant because of what blizzard did, and we can't just not mention it as it already has and will affect the game, blizzard, and us in the future.

I won't stop posting about relevant politics. So, you do what you have to do.. If need be, I see forum bans as a badge of honor.
26 Jul 2020, 12:50 PM

Anecdotal evidence blaming Americans as being the worst and I get a post invised for referencing my wife and daughters for being 'political'.

I'm actually genuinely confused about the moderation.
26 Jul 2020, 14:11 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jul 2020, 12:50 PMKoRneY

Anecdotal evidence blaming Americans as being the worst and I get a post invised for referencing my wife and daughters for being 'political'.

Fichtenmoped explained that your post was not the issue. Even Baba's post by itself is not an issue since it was clearly a joke, but referencing current politics usually draws down the whole thread with it as soon as people jump in on the discussion. And those "discussions" are usually quite dirty. Was it necessary to shut it down pre-emptively? You can argue with that, but in the end these "discussions" just cause a ton of work and help no one in this community.

You can obviously criticize Elchino's post if you have a different opinion.
26 Jul 2020, 14:48 PM

i honestly think more women gamer would be a good thing :3
(in coh)
26 Jul 2020, 16:01 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jul 2020, 12:50 PMKoRneY

Quote the part on which i said Americans are the worst?

It's just a cultural thing. Which is neither right or wrong, just different. I've family leaving in the USA, talked with many people from there and consume media from it.
Different societies have different sensible topics. From years of exchanging conversation and interaction over the internet it's pretty clear that cursing is seen in a far worst light than many other countries, even if we were to limit it to only English speakers.

I've seen too many people censor themselves over the word fuck while WRITING over the net. God forbid you use the word nigger. Meanwhile Australians throwing cunt whenever they can or Scottish/Whales calling you a fannybaw or cockwomble.

I'm willing to concede that for non native English people societies, English slurs and swear words have less of an impact as you don't generally use it on a day by day basis and that trying to convert terms might come with a different interpretation. So we won't feel offended by the specific word used rather than the intention behind the message. While for english speaker, it might sounds more aggressive than intended.

26 Jul 2020, 16:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jul 2020, 14:48 PMBaba
i honestly think more women gamer would be a good thing :3
(in coh)

This is based on my experience. I am not a women hater. I served 12 years in my countries army. Who had mostly or all male throughout my 12 years. Hence in my experience.

In my experience women that enter a mostly or all male group cause an imediate divide. White knights and men who coudn't care less.

Also imexp negativity and insult only increase.
The issues the women have or face become the higher priority. The female social manners tend to become the norm. You cant talk as you would with only men. You are walking on egg shells from that point on.
They become pretty entitled with so many men around that want their attention. Just look at twitch and female content reviewers while eating. Disagreeing with them has a tendacy to become exist in their eyes. Cuz you confront the only or the few women.

Again no women hater here. I am married and have 3 daughters. This is just what will happen in most cases if not all.
26 Jul 2020, 18:27 PM

im talking about a video game, not the big brother house.
i kinda understand that wamanses arent overly interested in RTS set during WW2 though

and the problem you describe is due to the fact that intersex barracks turn into charge free brothels withing a fortnite
27 Jul 2020, 09:39 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jul 2020, 18:27 PMBaba
im talking about a video game, not the big brother house.
i kinda understand that wamanses arent overly interested in RTS set during WW2 though

and the problem you describe is due to the fact that intersex barracks turn into charge free brothels withing a fortnite

It is centanly true what you say about the free brothels being establisht overnight. I specificly left that out.
I am talking about how it effects the normal day to day stuff and interactions in my experience.

At one time i had a group of friends all gamers have lan parties etc get together to game. That lasted until the guy who arranged bassicly everything got involved with a women that some1 else brought in.
Within a few months the group fell apart.

She begang to act like a boss because off the status she percieved she had. She promoted her self to assistent ceo. Turning those who agree with her against those that didnt. All in the span off a few months.
She immidiatly becomes a focus. Gets undeserved special treatment. Making her become entitled/feel special. The pro women quota's programs advantidges given too them only amplify this.

We have plenty off examples world wide when women or women issues get in male hobbies busnisses etc getting wrecked or seud shortly after. Looking at us boyscouts as a prime example here. Gaming is already in their sights. Women already have special treatment in every way shape and form. And still they are victims in every way shape or form.

27 Jul 2020, 16:07 PM

Quote the part on which i said Americans are the worst?

I actually slightly misread what you wrote (early morning writing after driving 600 miles is a bad idea I guess), so sorry about that. But my thinking is that the USA is too broad a nation culturally to label them so broadly and simply. You can go for a drive for a few hours and notice huge differences in both people and reactions and mannerisms so it'd be like me saying Europeans are (insert label here). Or Asians are (insert label here).

But I agree with everything else, really. My half brothers are half black though so I won't get into that.

Fichtenmoped explained that your post was not the issue. Even Baba's post by itself is not an issue since it was clearly a joke, but referencing current politics usually draws down the whole thread with it as soon as people jump in on the discussion. And those "discussions" are usually quite dirty. Was it necessary to shut it down pre-emptively? You can argue with that, but in the end these "discussions" just cause a ton of work and help no one in this community.

You can obviously criticize Elchino's post if you have a different opinion.

Thanks for the clarification!
27 Jul 2020, 18:48 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

Alright well it was a decent thread for a bit, and I'm sure we all have different opinions on certain topics. However those topics certainly do not have a place in this thread, and probably not on this site.

/locked
PAGES (3)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 69
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %