Login

russian armor

Encirclement doctrine reimagining

7 Jul 2020, 20:53 PM

I think everyone can agree that Encirclement doctrine is a meme commander and right now it has no real place even in slightly-compepitive game. So in past few days I really want to rethink this commander, don't know if anyone would like it even more implement it. But still I really wanted to make my ideas public.

Commander is very muni heavy, so I think it didnt end up overpowered, while having some powerful abilities.

Main idea behind it - make you able to know the enemy positioning and make it softer by doing some diversions behind enemy lines, after that strike with one decisive attack using special abilities to hunt down key enemy units.

1CP - Model 24 stun grenade
2CP - Ambush Jaegers Squad

4CP - Tactical movement
7CP - Command P4
10 CP - Close the pocket, remake of the ability
7 Jul 2020, 20:56 PM

I think you got that wrong.
Its a meme, yes, and we love it.
7 Jul 2020, 21:05 PM

Terrible
8 Jul 2020, 21:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Jul 2020, 20:56 PMBaba
I think you got that wrong.
Its a meme, yes, and we love it.

Yeah, pretty much

Also, the game NEEDS shit like that

To slighty elaborate:

Things that delete squads (or in this case armies) in a second are considered bad for competitive, but they provide a lot of material for the likes of Skippy, Stalker Cop and other youtube videos and clip makers, who then draw a lotta new players in, while also keeping up casuals and semi-serious players who are getting tired or burnt out of meta stuff

History teaches us that making a game with 100% competitive side in mind is a terrible mistake
9 Jul 2020, 00:59 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

History teaches us that making a game with 100% competitive side in mind is a terrible mistake

That's such a broad and false generalist argument. It all depends on the kind of playerbase you have. There are plenty of the top chart games which have their gameplay focused completely in competitive. CS:GO, LOL/DOTA, R6, OW/Valorant, SC2, etc.

A terrible mistake is forcing a vision of a game, on a non existent playerbase for that vision.

Ontopic: the idea is bad and it's fine to have this kind of meme commanders which work on specific modes.
9 Jul 2020, 06:37 AM

Starcraft confirmed a mistake.
11 Jul 2020, 00:27 AM

And brits get the easy version Perimeter Overwatch

Good times.
11 Jul 2020, 18:59 PM

General consensus is that squads need at least 4 men to be viable. Three is just way too vulnerable to explosives and randomly getting wiped. Personally I'd rather use the commander as a whole as it is in live rather than this suggested rework, tactical movement is not a great ability, nothing in the doctrine synergizes that well with command P4,, which is mostly a defensive tool, and close the pocket would overlap with tactical movement.

And brits get the easy version Perimeter Overwatch

Good times.

Imagine complaining about balance in a random commander rework thread.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★