Login

russian armor

Delete the Schwerer gun from the game

• This thread is locked
PAGES (7)down
4 Jul 2020, 00:06 AM

Apparently I also said T1 builds are OP.

The man can't read.

You just said placing the truck infront of your base and rushing a medium tank is OP.

That is obviously a T1 build, so if that is not OP what exactly is it that is OP?

4 Jul 2020, 00:09 AM

what is this discussion even about at this point?
it stopped making sense 6 pages of miscellaneous posts ago
4 Jul 2020, 00:10 AM

You just said placing the truck infront of your base and rushing a medium tank is OP

That is obviously a T1 build, so if that is not OP what exactly is it that is OP?

Dude he's been talking about t4 the entire thread. He's talking about putting the flak base outside your base and protecting fuel or cutoff

He's said this like 5 times
jump backJump back to quoted post4 Jul 2020, 00:09 AMBaba
what is this discussion even about at this point?
it stopped making sense 6 pages of miscellaneous posts ago

Then leave? You haven't contributed anything, your just trolling people who are trying to have a discussion
4 Jul 2020, 00:13 AM

You just said placing the truck infront of your base and rushing a medium tank is OP.

DUDE STOP THIS STUPID STRAWMANING

Seriously it's so stupid that I have to explain the same thing 50 times because you can't read.

I SAID

There are certain maps such as crossroads winter that allow the placement of the Tier 4 OKW Schwerer structure near a base entrance while its main gun range can effectively cover and zone out both a cutoff and a fuel on that side. This allows an unfairly powerful strategy of safe Schwerer placement that gives you way too much of a benefit, allowing you to lock down that fuel point and then focus your entire army's attention to the other side, effectively denying your opponent any side switching while you're free to attack his side's fuel. You also don't allow him to switch sides if you take the side he's on, or harrass your fuel. This leads to very consistent fuel income that can be combined with a BGHQ tech path into a very fast P4 or doctrinal Ostwind. The counter strategy of building one or two AT guns to kill the Schwerer is too much of a requirement and risk (720mp spent on AT guns to kill it and you're losing infantry fights hard because of it) vs OKW having 0 risk in just placing it outside their base where they can reinforce and come out to fight it, not to mention how quickly Spios can repair it and allow the okw army to flank the AT guns and if they win the engagement it's gg because the infantry retreats but the AT guns can't. This strategy is too powerful for too litle a risk, therefore I proposed reducing the Schwerer's main gun range by 10m to limit how much area it can lock down.
4 Jul 2020, 00:41 AM

DUDE STOP THIS STUPID STRAWMANING

Seriously it's so stupid that I have to explain the same thing 50 times because you can't read.

I SAID

There are certain maps such as crossroads winter that allow the placement of the Tier 4 OKW Schwerer structure near a base entrance while its main gun range can effectively cover and zone out both a cutoff and a fuel on that side. This allows an unfairly powerful strategy of safe Schwerer placement that gives you way too much of a benefit, allowing you to lock down that fuel point and then focus your entire army's attention to the other side, effectively denying your opponent any side switching while you're free to attack his side's fuel. You also don't allow him to switch sides if you take the side he's on, or harrass your fuel. This leads to very consistent fuel income that can be combined with a BGHQ tech path into a very fast P4 or doctrinal Ostwind. The counter strategy of building one or two AT guns to kill the Schwerer is too much of a requirement and risk (720mp spent on AT guns to kill it and you're losing infantry fights hard because of it) vs OKW having 0 risk in just placing it outside their base where they can reinforce and come out to fight it, not to mention how quickly Spios can repair it and allow the okw army to flank the AT guns and if they win the engagement it's gg because the infantry retreats but the AT guns can't. This strategy is too powerful for too litle a risk, therefore I proposed reducing the Schwerer's main gun range by 10m to limit how much area it can lock down.

I am waiting for your thread about how you were wrong about the OKW T4 in around 2 weeks.

It's obvious this is not a balance issue for COH2 but rather a map issue. From my perspective the OKW truck system is perfect as it is. It's risk vs reward for using the trucks out of base. It's neither useless/impossible to use them in their intended role (as support outside the base) nor is it OP.
4 Jul 2020, 00:44 AM

It's obvious this is not a balance issue for COH2 but rather a map issue.

Yes we've reached that conclusion already, but since maps won't change the T4 gun has to.

Consider reading what's been said already.

Also keep personal shit out of it, you're also a meme with your 2v2 stats.
4 Jul 2020, 00:52 AM

Yes we've reached that conclusion already, but since maps won't change the T4 gun has to.

Consider reading what's been said already.

Also keep personal shit out of it, you're also a meme with your 2v2 stats.

My personal shit? Where did I write any of my "personal shit" in this thread?

Also what do 2v2 stats have to do with this thread now? I am seriously confused. Maybe also stop with the Ad hominem.

All I did was try to show you why your OKW T4 OP whining is a massive knee jerk reaction and you will regret making it in about two weeks when you realize you were wrong.
4 Jul 2020, 01:25 AM

Bofors is 10 pop.
1 pop drains 1,5mp from your income per minute.
10 pop drains 15.
Over 5 minutes its 75mp and it just keeps going up, its a dead weight when opponent just ignores it and if its too aggressively placed, its not going to pay up for itself as, being as weak as it is, it can be easily countered by anyone who isn't strategically challenged.

This is not taking into account you being completely bullied by LV, leading to loss of further mp and map control, because your most potent counter can not even be built anymore. But hey, you sit on that one fuel tho while losing everywhere else, because 20% of your early game population can't even move.

Schwerer is a relic of ancient OKW design that forced them to go forward with trucks and consolidate around tiny part of the map. It should never be free convenience post rework.

The only thing keeping it SOMEWHAT in check is the risk-reward factor of potentially overextending and losing it, but if you place it reasonably, congrats, your cutoff is now immune to contest for next 15-20 minutes.[]

What it does when a big push is happening shuts it down, allies are suppose to win early yes? But never can because of the auto cannon truck that delays the game enough always for okw to start steam rolling, this is the reason i never play them hardly any micro just blob with rakatens win win
4 Jul 2020, 01:29 AM

What is the damn end of quote html i accidently deleted it apparently
4 Jul 2020, 01:31 AM

Also shadow i should mention ewww what an ugly wall of text omg the bias hahaha
4 Jul 2020, 02:07 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Just open a new thread stating clearly the mode and that the issues are basically map related.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Korea, Republic Of 4
unknown 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak