Login

russian armor

Delete the Schwerer gun from the game

• This thread is locked
PAGES (7)down
3 Jul 2020, 21:16 PM

Alright, ill ask it this way. How is fighting a Schwerer HQ any different from a Bofors? It technically should be easier considering the bofors has brace, and allies certainly have no lack of proper arty to deal with it.

What exactly makes it that a Schwerer is more oppressive than a bofors on a cutoff?
3 Jul 2020, 21:23 PM

Alright, ill ask it this way. How is fighting a Schwerer HQ any different from a Bofors? It technically should be easier considering the bofors has brace, and allies certainly have no lack of proper arty to deal with it.

What exactly makes it that a Schwerer is more oppressive than a bofors on a cutoff?

its not. Schwerer is easier to kill.
its just bad design
3 Jul 2020, 21:27 PM

a bofors is harder to kill than a schwerer...and it cost only 1/4 fuel from the schwerer...and can brace...and can go into artillery mode...and can use groundattack...and you can chose the target (noo..dont shot the t34...shot the penal!)

Its been nerfed for a while and all you have to do is simply trick the bofors into bracing then launching real attack. Mg 42 guarding pak or 2, rakaten can out range it, ost mortar, liegs. Okw flame nades. All are things your going to build anyway so its like like you were forced into something you did not want to build. Brits have zero counter to you doing any of this maybe flank with an is and throw down area of denial arty then just wait go back to assaulting it they wont have a dingo car so lol. I didnt know building a schewer locks you out of a main light vehicle counter. I mean if i see a bofors id prolly just make 22s or a luchs and dance around other side of the map they have no snares do circles around 6pdr nothing they could do about it
3 Jul 2020, 21:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Jul 2020, 21:27 PMRocket

jibberish

ye, brits up. no snares - gg
3 Jul 2020, 21:30 PM

You have 2 units

One is more expensive and better and you get via just teching up normally at 0 extra cost.

One is weaker and cheaper, you have to choose a specific sidetech that’s mutually exclusive with a meta unit and actually take time to build it with a unit.

In your mind, those 2 are the same. Cool.
3 Jul 2020, 21:43 PM

axis op
3 Jul 2020, 22:14 PM

Schwerer doesn't take away from you army size, a bofors does. Schwerer has zero popcost
3 Jul 2020, 22:16 PM

Ok give it brace if u want to give it pop cap
3 Jul 2020, 22:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Jul 2020, 16:47 PMBaba

what does ullumululllululu have to do with what i wrote regarding katitof?

You quoted Katitof's response to Ullu......

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Jul 2020, 16:47 PMBaba

what does what i wrote have to do with bofors and tanks being unlocked?

It's literally what Katitof was talking about......
Ok give it brace if u want to give it pop cap

Uhhh no thanks. Last time I checked the schwerer doesn't lock out any units.... It does the opposite....

You can't possibly believe that adding brace is an equivalent buff to the nerf of adding a popcost
3 Jul 2020, 22:23 PM

Ukf Always has 14 units even if it locks out other , if not they would have 16
3 Jul 2020, 22:42 PM

I think that okw should require pop to tech, it'll make them different from the other factions
3 Jul 2020, 22:48 PM

Oh nooooo, the min 5 popcap cost. UK forces shiver in fear

meanwhile OKW having a good time waiting for KT because schwerer is gone
3 Jul 2020, 22:51 PM

Also ~600mp for a gun that can't move sounds like a great idea
3 Jul 2020, 22:51 PM

I actually think the schwere is fine tbh. It's easy enough to deal with. Yes it locks down territory, but it's at the risk of losing it. Risk/reward. We need to reward risk more not less.
3 Jul 2020, 22:52 PM

Ukf Always has 14 units even if it locks out other , if not they would have 16

Okay? What does this have to do with anything? Bofors locks out meta-AEC, schwerer doesn't lock out anything

Total # of stock units on the roster is not at all what I was talking about? Why would anyone be talking about that?

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Jul 2020, 22:42 PMKoRneY
I think that okw should require pop to tech, it'll make them different from the other factions

That's not what I said, but you should take a look at USF next time you launch the game... That wouldn't be unique at all
jump backJump back to quoted post3 Jul 2020, 22:48 PMBaba

What are you talking about?
3 Jul 2020, 22:52 PM

We need to reward risk more not less.

There is 0 risk in putting a schwerer outside your base to lockdown cutoff and fuel, then rush 10min tank and overrun the opponent.

What's the risk? Opponent spending 720mp on AT guns and managing to kill it before your army arrives and forces them back to allow Spios to repair it in 30 seconds?
3 Jul 2020, 22:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Jul 2020, 22:48 PMBaba
Oh nooooo, the min 5 popcap cost. UK forces shiver in fear

Bofors is 10 pop.
1 pop drains 1,5mp from your income per minute.
10 pop drains 15.
Over 5 minutes its 75mp and it just keeps going up, its a dead weight when opponent just ignores it and if its too aggressively placed, its not going to pay up for itself as, being as weak as it is, it can be easily countered by anyone who isn't strategically challenged.

This is not taking into account you being completely bullied by LV, leading to loss of further mp and map control, because your most potent counter can not even be built anymore. But hey, you sit on that one fuel tho while losing everywhere else, because 20% of your early game population can't even move.

Schwerer is a relic of ancient OKW design that forced them to go forward with trucks and consolidate around tiny part of the map. It should never be free convenience post rework.

The only thing keeping it SOMEWHAT in check is the risk-reward factor of potentially overextending and losing it, but if you place it reasonably, congrats, your cutoff is now immune to contest for next 15-20 minutes.
3 Jul 2020, 23:04 PM

im not arguing in favor of schwerer over bofors. id say remove both, boring unengaging gameplay ensues the moment you encounter either one of them
3 Jul 2020, 23:05 PM

"i didnt read what you were saying but i troll answer anyway"

THE MINUTE 5 POP COST

AS IN: 10 POPCAP in MINUTE 5 dont matter
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %