Login

russian armor

Please explain this....

11 Jun 2020, 12:05 PM

The mine has 20 health and 35 armor so its untouchable by small arms ( goes for every mine as far as im concerned). Not a clue how the mine went off.

Edit: I might be looking at the wrong mine but its hard to miss.

The finished mine might have those stats but this "ghost" mine and the stats might be different.
11 Jun 2020, 12:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jun 2020, 12:05 PMVipper

The finished mine might have those stats but this "ghost" mine and the stats might be different.

Any structure that is being built has 0 armor, but unfinished mines do not explode.
11 Jun 2020, 12:17 PM

My guess the mine was cancelled right when it was finished. An unfinished mine does not detonate but if it were canceled at the right frame this might happen. This is speculation. Did you try pressing the stop command on something when this happened?

I pressed X to cancel the mine indeed, did that really cause this!?
11 Jun 2020, 12:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jun 2020, 12:12 PMKatitof

Any structure that is being built has 0 armor, but unfinished mines do not explode.

Have you checked the actual stats of all "ghosts" or are you just guessing? And it seem a little odd since the lower value usually used is 1 and not 0.

I would expect UKF emplacement to take allot more damage during construction if it was true.
11 Jun 2020, 12:41 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jun 2020, 12:17 PMLatch

I pressed X to cancel the mine indeed, did that really cause this!?

Maybe? Frame Perfect bad luck?
11 Jun 2020, 12:43 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jun 2020, 12:21 PMVipper
Have you checked the actual stats of all "ghosts" or are you just guessing?

I would expect UKF emplacement to take allot more damage during construction if it was true.

It is true about almost all structures. The emplacements are a small exception, those always have 5 armor and have a 2x damage modifier while under construction.
11 Jun 2020, 12:48 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jun 2020, 12:12 PMKatitof

Some times they naturally have 0 Armor when building and then upon completion they get their armor.
Other times they have armor, then the armor is removed, then upon completion they get their armor back.
Received damage multipliers are common during and after construction as well.

Mines are simple, they have armor at all times.

11 Jun 2020, 12:57 PM

It is true about almost all structures. The emplacements are a small exception, those always have 5 armor and have a 2x damage modifier while under construction.

Some times they naturally have 0 Armor when building and then upon completion they get their armor.
Other times they have armor, then the armor is removed, then upon completion they get their armor back.
Received damage multipliers are common during and after construction as well.

Mines are simple, they have armor at all times.

Thanks for the clarification guys.

I was suspecting that there was no 0 armor rule applying to everything as claimed and that "ghosts" have different properties than the structure itself.

Since mines have 35 armor even when being built the scenario of taking damage from small arm fire is unlikely, so the mine "dying/exploding" from canceling the "ghost" at the last second seems more probable.
11 Jun 2020, 13:20 PM

Glad to hear users agree on with my supposition of possible game engine item creation bug/feature/game code logic and misluck from OP along with other suggestions.

Next time I spot a mine being blown up over my vehicles creating some friendly fire damage, I'll keep track of a video and report on it.
11 Jun 2020, 13:57 PM

Glad to hear users agree on with my supposition of possible game engine item creation bug/feature/game code logic and misluck from OP along with other suggestions.

Next time I spot a mine being blown up over my vehicles creating some friendly fire damage, I'll keep track of a video and report on it.

When a mine explodes under your vehicle/infantry when they are under fire from artillery or tank shells, there is really no mystery. The AOE of the shell destroys the mine, it explodes. It happens fairly often.

What is weird in this video is that small arms fire does not have AOE (or scatter), making the cause of the explosion ambiguous, and potentially related to the so called 'focus fire' mechanic.
11 Jun 2020, 14:02 PM

Yes, this was discussed earlier in the tread on page 1 :)
11 Jun 2020, 14:51 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jun 2020, 12:17 PMLatch

Question, how bad was your latency. I tried testing my theory but was unsuccessful. Could a high ping cause my theory, aka larger window?
11 Jun 2020, 15:46 PM

I assume it's focus fire on false + mine brought down to 0 health at the same exact time it got finished, causing explosion.
11 Jun 2020, 16:25 PM

Question, how bad was your latency. I tried testing my theory but was unsuccessful. Could a high ping cause my theory, aka larger window?

No noticable issues at all if im honest, every game now and again I will get stutters where the game freezes for a couple of seconds but everything was resposive in that game.
11 Jun 2020, 16:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jun 2020, 16:25 PMLatch

No noticable issues at all if im honest, every game now and again I will get stutters where the game freezes for a couple of seconds but everything was resposive in that game.

I had something like that once, I've upgraded ram to 16gb and it was gone since.
11 Jun 2020, 16:36 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jun 2020, 16:25 PMLatch

Sort of meant ping which can be hard to determine. Were your units following order immediately or had a fraction of a second delay. Testing in a skirmish match has no delay but say the host was on the other side of the world, action become delay. Example: you order the mine to be canceled, but the command takes 500ms to get to the host and the mine is complete. Would the mine do nothing? Or would disappear? Or would it explode? I do not have the means to test this.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★