Login

russian armor

2v2 dealing with OKW blobs of infantry

10 Jun 2020, 23:55 PM

2v2 British vs OKW. We're a set team around 10 or 11.

We're not sure how we're meant to deal with the kinds of blobs that we're facing at this level. I don't know what we could have really done differently; it just seemed no matter where we went, there was at least 2 squads of infantry waiting for us. If we focused one side, we'd get flanked and cut off on the other.

Any tips would be appreciated.

EDIT: Can't believe I forgot to link the replay. Here it is.

11 Jun 2020, 06:22 AM

I would love to help but there is no replay or at least I see no link.
11 Jun 2020, 07:17 AM

2v2 British vs OKW. We're a set team around 10 or 11.

We're not sure how we're meant to deal with the kinds of blobs that we're facing at this level. I don't know what we could have really done differently; it just seemed no matter where we went, there was at least 2 squads of infantry waiting for us. If we focused one side, we'd get flanked and cut off on the other.

Any tips would be appreciated.

As mentioned, no replay, no great help but...

Against OKW its generally a good idea to go sniper, they dont really have much of an easy way to counter(Fuck you LEIGS)it directly so when they are dug in you can pick them off at a distance and move your tommies in, later game the sniper comes into great use by dropping expensive obers or falls and getting rid of them from the fight. Hell, with its stun shot it can even protect itself against the heaviest of tanks.

In 2v2 you need a mortar pit, its upto you and the map as to where and how agressive you place it but the amount of bleed it causes the enemy along with the amount of agro it draws in can pull the enemy from their defensive positions almost instantly.

Again with OKW you have to remember that they can't counter MG's other than a flank of course until they get their first tech structure up so it is generally a good idea to build a vickers first to claim important buildings.

Doctrines is another one, if you are a pre made team its usually best not to both be the same faction, look at the recent 2v2 tournament we had, I dont think anyone went double whatever because if that faction has a weakness, it has double the weakness. That said however, if you insist on both going UKF you need to make sure that your doctrines compliment each other and fill the gaps that need plugging such as CQC units, mortars, AI LV's so on and so forth.

Post a replay next time and people will watch it and give you tips.
11 Jun 2020, 07:52 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jun 2020, 07:17 AMLatch

Against OKW its generally a good idea to go sniper, they dont really have much of an easy way to counter(Fuck you LEIGS)it directly so when they are dug in you can pick them off at a distance and move your tommies in, later game the sniper comes into great use by dropping expensive obers or falls and getting rid of them from the fight. Hell, with its stun shot it can even protect itself against the heaviest of tanks.

In 2v2 you need a mortar pit, its upto you and the map as to where and how agressive you place it but the amount of bleed it causes the enemy along with the amount of agro it draws in can pull the enemy from their defensive positions almost instantly.

Again with OKW you have to remember that they can't counter MG's other than a flank of course until they get their first tech structure up so it is generally a good idea to build a vickers first to claim important buildings.

Doctrines is another one, if you are a pre made team its usually best not to both be the same faction, look at the recent 2v2 tournament we had, I dont think anyone went double whatever because if that faction has a weakness, it has double the weakness. That said however, if you insist on both going UKF you need to make sure that your doctrines compliment each other and fill the gaps that need plugging such as CQC units, mortars, AI LV's so on and so forth.

No1 was playing double faction becouse it was forbidden. Going both as a same faction can be also a very strong combo
11 Jun 2020, 12:46 PM

I added the replay to the post -- sorry everyone! Silly mistake, haha.

Any feedback on the replay would be more than welcome.

11 Jun 2020, 13:35 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jun 2020, 07:17 AMLatch

Thanks for your reply, I posted the replay.

One note -- if you see the replay, you can see that I never had the chance to put the mortar pit down. I think it would have gotten overwhelmed the moment it went down, even if I was stable enough to put it down.
11 Jun 2020, 19:07 PM

Try UKF lend-lease doctrine, in 2 CP you will get M5. When you will get quad uprade it make any mass-infantry pushes from OKW very ineffective. Also thompsons work pretty well against stg volks.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★