Login

russian armor

FINALLY remove the MORTAR PIT!

10 Jun 2020, 14:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jun 2020, 12:03 PMVipper

PLS stop repeating this silly argument. Axis grenades have cost since one has to invest in tech to unlock them even for doctrinal units.

What? lol How is it an investment? You are going to tech, you don't have to side tech, thats the point. You dont delay tech by unlocking grenades, you unlock grenades by teching.

So tell me again how its silly?
10 Jun 2020, 14:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jun 2020, 14:47 PMLatch

What? lol How is it an investment? You are going to tech, you don't have to side tech, thats the point. You dont delay tech by unlocking grenades, you unlock grenades by teching.

Well, the idea is that when you compare "all Axis main tech" + "all Allied main + side tech" you should have about simmilar or only slighty different cost. If it really is like that, im not sure.

10 Jun 2020, 15:13 PM

Things that have tech cost are not free. One has to invest resources unlock them and thus has less field presence.

Unless everything that comes with the is free and then Allies a number of free thighs also.

The argument that axis have advantage because of their tech does not hold water. Ostheer have linear tech tree the combines both researching and have to build structures and OKW have one of the rigid tech structure making difficult to back tech and have a full roster.

"Side tech" give player the choice of "if and when" to unlock a item and usually the option for earlier access and the chance to swing the very important early engagements, thus comes with a cost.
10 Jun 2020, 16:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jun 2020, 11:55 AMLatch

Your squads also bleed MP to vehicles.. that can be repaired... for free.

The vehicles that require 2 at guns 4 volleys for only a few hundred manpower are limited to zero though. An unbraced mortar pit can tank a Sturm tiger rocket for example. A braced one can tank 4 without repairing. And that's the cheapest and squishiest of the emplacements. Without vet.

The problem with emplacements is the enemy could go all in and take heavy losses trying to break up the cancer and if they don't get a complete kill the emplacement will just repair. Bonus points for the pit and bofors is that both can still contribute to a fight even with 1 hp because of range where dealing damage to a vehicle takes it out of the fight for a little while.
10 Jun 2020, 18:42 PM

Imo this stuff only matters when you compare the costs of the squads themselves. If you're talking about the timing of tech, that mostly evens out by the end and its also impacted a lot more by your own decisions. Such as whether or not you build a light vehicle
____
Can someone remind me why did Reic abandoned the single mortar pit idea? I forget which preview it was but they made it so you could buy a pit with just 1 mortar for cheaper, and then upgrade it to double if you wanted. Made it easier to not waste MP if the position didn't last too long
10 Jun 2020, 19:01 PM

The vehicles that require 2 at guns 4 volleys for only a few hundred manpower are limited to zero though. An unbraced mortar pit can tank a Sturm tiger rocket for example.

An unbrace mortar pit will not tank a stumtiger shoot.
10 Jun 2020, 19:27 PM

A vet 0 emplacement won't survive, but vet 0 with "improved fortifications" from 'Advanced Emplacement Regiment' will survive, as will a vet 3 emplacement (with or without improved fort).

ST Rocket vs. Emplacements: 812dmg
vet 0 mortar pit: 700hp
vet 0 mortar pit w/ Improved fort: 910hp
vet 3 mortar pit: 1050hp
vet 3 mortar put w/ Improved fort: 1365hp
10 Jun 2020, 19:38 PM

A vet 0 emplacement won't survive, but vet 0 with "improved fortifications" from 'Advanced Emplacement Regiment' will survive, as will a vet 3 emplacement (with or without improved fort).

ST Rocket vs. Emplacements: 812dmg
vet 0 mortar pit: 700hp
vet 0 mortar pit w/ Improved fort: 910hp
vet 3 mortar pit: 1050hp
vet 3 mortar put w/ Improved fort: 1365hp

Yeah, thank for the additional info.
10 Jun 2020, 21:34 PM

This is new then because it sure as shit used to.
10 Jun 2020, 22:13 PM

This is new then because it sure as shit used to.

"Balance and Bugfix Patch – Feb 7th 2019

Sturmtiger
Added damage bonus of 1.3 vs emplacements. Sturmtiger will now one shot an unbraced Mortar Pit."

At some point the incorporated another thing I had suggested and add extra damage similar to AVRE.
10 Jun 2020, 22:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jun 2020, 22:13 PMVipper

"Balance and Bugfix Patch – Feb 7th 2019

Sturmtiger
Added damage bonus of 1.3 vs emplacements. Sturmtiger will now one shot an unbraced Mortar Pit."

At some point the incorporated another thing I had suggested and add extra damage similar to AVRE.

There it is. Thanks for digging it up for me Vip. You could imagine my surprise using the largest fortification fuck you-er in the game for a hole in the ground and a few sand bags to withstand
11 Jun 2020, 07:07 AM

The vehicles that require 2 at guns 4 volleys for only a few hundred manpower are limited to zero though. An unbraced mortar pit can tank a Sturm tiger rocket for example. A braced one can tank 4 without repairing. And that's the cheapest and squishiest of the emplacements. Without vet.

The problem with emplacements is the enemy could go all in and take heavy losses trying to break up the cancer and if they don't get a complete kill the emplacement will just repair. Bonus points for the pit and bofors is that both can still contribute to a fight even with 1 hp because of range where dealing damage to a vehicle takes it out of the fight for a little while.

If you are going all in on sim city without triggering brace before hand then that issue is with the player, all it takes, all it takes is a Leig, a flame nade, pshrecks or flamers to walk next to the pit, cause brace and then attack.

Hell even use an off map, trigger brace and then move in. If UKF had another indirect option, it wouldnt be an issue, remove brace, keep the pit if you want but give them a mobile mortar and you can do whatever you want to brace. Until then you remove brace, you remove the pit, you remove brits in team games as they have no other way to smoke that relying on team mates or spending a fuck ton of muni.

Out of all the things UKF have, brace isn't that big of an issue, it has counters, if you are attacking without triggering the counter then just like most units, that isnt the games fault, you dont counter S mine fields by running a squad through them, you sweep them or use vehicles and if there is a teller mine or an MG watching that position then you deal with that in the correct way.

Take the MG's vet 1 ability for example, kills some LV's very effectivley, if I want to push that MG with my LV, because you know, I have no mobile mortar for indirect free smoke, I bait him into switching to Irounds, back off and wait for it to cool off, then push in. Sound familiar?

11 Jun 2020, 07:11 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jun 2020, 07:07 AMLatch

If you are going all in on sim city without triggering brace before hand then that issue is with the player, all it takes, all it takes is a Leig, a flame nade, pshrecks or flamers to walk next to the pit, cause brace and then attack.

Hell even use an off map, trigger brace and then move in. If UKF had another indirect option, it wouldnt be an issue, remove brace, keep the pit if you want but give them a mobile mortar and you can do whatever you want to brace. Until then you remove brace, you remove the pit, you remove brits in team games as they have no other way to smoke that relying on team mates or spending a fuck ton of muni.

Out of all the things UKF have, brace isn't that big of an issue, it has counters, if you are attacking without triggering the counter then just like most units, that isnt the games fault, you dont counter S mine fields by running a squad through them, you sweep them or use vehicles and if there is a teller mine or an MG watching that position then you deal with that in the correct way.

Take the MG's vet 1 ability for example, kills some LV's very effectivley, if I want to push that MG with my LV, because you know, I have no mobile mortar for indirect free smoke, I bait him into switching to Irounds, back off and wait for it to cool off, then push in. Sound familiar?

and all this for only a 300mp unit....hell imagine you would need such invests and micro for a enemy sturmpio or mortar...

the risk - reward is goodamned to high vs this emplacments shit.
11 Jun 2020, 07:19 AM

and all this for only a 300mp unit....hell imagine you would need such invests and micro for a enemy sturmpio or mortar...

the risk - reward is goodamned to high vs this emplacments shit.

Ever tried to push a LEIG thats next to a schwer?
11 Jun 2020, 07:41 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jun 2020, 07:19 AMLatch

Ever tried to push a LEIG thats next to a schwer?

This isnt comparable. The penalty for an OKW player losing a shwer both in resources lost and tech loss is substantially greater then losing a bofors. And it doesnt help that the Flak HQ's targetting cant be controlled.
There is also a massive durability difference between an LEIG and a mortar pit.
11 Jun 2020, 08:14 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jun 2020, 07:41 AMSerrith

This isnt comparable. The penalty for an OKW player losing a shwer both in resources lost and tech loss is substantially greater then losing a bofors. And it doesnt help that the Flak HQ's targetting cant be controlled.
There is also a massive durability difference between an LEIG and a mortar pit.

Jesus christ, I was refering to how difficult it can be and how much effort is needed not how impactful losing a schwer is, and yes there is a massive durability difference between a LEIG and a mortar pit but do you know what there also is? MOBILITY.
11 Jun 2020, 08:39 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jun 2020, 08:14 AMLatch

Jesus christ, I was refering to how difficult it can be and how much effort is needed not how impactful losing a schwer is, and yes there is a massive durability difference between a LEIG and a mortar pit but do you know what there also is? MOBILITY.

is this you buddy?
http://www.companyofheroes.com/leaderboards#profile/steam/76561198121057184/standings

i see you dominating 2v2 scene as axis, specifically with okw, i will listen to your tips from now on
11 Jun 2020, 08:53 AM
11 Jun 2020, 09:01 AM

is this you buddy?
http://www.companyofheroes.com/leaderboards#profile/steam/76561198121057184/standings

i see you dominating 2v2 scene as axis, specifically with okw, i will listen to your tips from now on

Ahh the good old player card technique, strange that UKF has the mortar pit and I am speaking about how easily it goes down isnt it? It's almost like people have fought against my pit and won and I am letting you know how they have done it!

I dont play Axis, its not a secret, infact I might put it in my signature so people new here will realise... But guess what, if someone starts to complain about a pak 43 shooting through walls, do you know what I can do? Use my experience of fighting it and watching replays to tell someone how to counter it and what its weaknesses are! Its strange the kind of information you recieve from experience isnt it.

If you struggle against the pit as OKW then I'm sorry but there is no hope, OKW have the best non doc counters against the pit.

Also aswell, let us not forget the op's statement who I know full well, plays axis:

!RANT!

seriously, this unit adds absolutely nothing to the game. Either it stays alive and gets dozens of kills YOU DID ABSOLUTELY NOTHING FOR (!)

or

it gets destroyed immediately

nothing of any decent gameplay value is lost if you remove that BS from the game

So maybe, you'll listen to him? :)
11 Jun 2020, 09:31 AM

the needed invests and micro need to bring down an emplacements is absurd compared to their cost. a schwerer cost 120 fuel...a bofors only 30. so it should be 4 times better than a bofors...right?? nope. its much easier to destroy than a bofors...because you know..it cant brace..you cant use ground attack ..one smoke is enough to get in close range and satchel it or use any other thing.

a DOC(!) flak emplacement is nearly expansive like bofors...but is a joke compared to it
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★