Login

russian armor

FINALLY remove the MORTAR PIT!

8 Jun 2020, 11:17 AM

!RANT!

seriously, this unit adds absolutely nothing to the game. Either it stays alive and gets dozens of kills YOU DID ABSOLUTELY NOTHING FOR (!)

or

it gets destroyed immediately

nothing of any decent gameplay value is lost if you remove that BS from the game
8 Jun 2020, 11:31 AM

Lost a game to brits or watched too much 2v2 twich?
8 Jun 2020, 12:36 PM

How about giving ostheer emplacements and Brits get a mortar and land mattress instead
8 Jun 2020, 13:02 PM
8 Jun 2020, 13:41 PM

The pit already has reduced range when not barraging so I am pretty sure people are actually doing something to get kills with it.
8 Jun 2020, 18:42 PM

Plz use it and come back with a replay showing it do the job without your input.
8 Jun 2020, 20:22 PM

Plz use it and come back with a replay showing it do the job without your input.

you mean the barrage?

1 click is different from the 50 clicks you need to assault it with indirect/at guns / infantry
9 Jun 2020, 00:54 AM

you mean the barrage?

1 click is different from the 50 clicks you need to assault it with indirect/at guns / infantry

If there is an assault, The same amount of effort has to be put in defense/repair to keep the pit alive, so the point is ?

9 Jun 2020, 05:08 AM

Permanently Banned
Emplacements are fine. Sections are not.
9 Jun 2020, 06:11 AM

Emplacements are fine. brace isn't.
it's so dumb that they have to take almost no damage from anything, if it's activated
9 Jun 2020, 06:27 AM

it's so dumb that they have to take almost no damage from anything, if it's activated

But they cant move and are the only MP option for inderect non doctrinal, if they didn't have brace they would be beyond useless. Brace has been through many changes and where it is at now is the best of both words. Trigger a brace, wait for it to end, attack like brace never existed.

Unless you want to add a retreat function to the mortar pit of course?
9 Jun 2020, 06:39 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Jun 2020, 06:27 AMLatch

But they cant move and are the only MP option for inderect non doctrinal, if they didn't have brace they would be beyond useless. Brace has been through many changes and where it is at now is the best of both words. Trigger a brace, wait for it to end, attack like brace never existed.

Unless you want to add a retreat function to the mortar pit of course?

i am not saying to remove the brace
talking about damage reduction nerf
it doesnt have to take almost no damage from at gun for example
9 Jun 2020, 07:55 AM

i am not saying to remove the brace
talking about damage reduction nerf
it doesnt have to take almost no damage from at gun for example

Why? why doesnt it? It is static, it cant retreat, it is the only MP unit UKF has for indirect. If you can't beat brace as it currently is then the problem lies with the player, not brace.

It's a timed ability that has a huge cool down that when not braced, goes down like a led zeppelin. What is the point in brace if it reduces even less damage?
9 Jun 2020, 08:12 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Jun 2020, 07:55 AMLatch

Why? why doesnt it? It is static, it cant retreat, it is the only MP unit UKF has for indirect. If you can't beat brace as it currently is then the problem lies with the player, not brace.

It's a timed ability that has a huge cool down that when not braced, goes down like a led zeppelin. What is the point in brace if it reduces even less damage?

yes problem is with me
since i can't make 5 sturmtigers to beat the brace
9 Jun 2020, 08:19 AM

yes problem is with me
since i can't make 5 sturmtigers to beat the brace

A post in balance thread with multiple statements and all of them are actual true?
Never thought I'll live long enough to see that.

However statement #1, while true, is not result of statement #2.

Next time shoot at it with whatever, force a brace, watch stop watch for 30 seconds, then use ST, you'll be surprised at results.

If you're using ST against emplacements in the one circumstances they are supposed to mitigate it, don't act surprised if they do.
9 Jun 2020, 08:30 AM

A post in balance thread with multiple statements and all of them are actual true?
Never thought I'll live long enough to see that.

However statement #1, while true, is not result of statement #2.

Next time shoot at it with whatever, force a brace, watch stop watch for 30 seconds, then use ST, you'll be surprised at results.

If you're using ST against emplacements in the one circumstances they are supposed to mitigate it, don't act surprised if they do.

you normally cant risk to go close, thats the problem, and when you risk, you get rewarded by good old brace which even eats damage from nuke
no emplacement should have that good survivability , thats not healthy for a game
thats my point mr katitof
now i won't go vipper on you to entertain your forum career katitof, that was all i had to say about mortar pit

i still leave a small chance to be wrong tho
9 Jun 2020, 08:58 AM

you normally cant risk to go close, thats the problem, and when you risk, you get rewarded by good old brace which even eats damage from nuke
no emplacement should have that good survivability , thats not healthy for a game
thats my point mr katitof
now i won't go vipper on you to entertain your forum career katitof, that was all i had to say about mortar pit

i still leave a small chance to be wrong tho

Use a mortar/AT gun/Tank etc to force the brace first.

Then once brace has finished it has a long cooldown where you can basically wail on it with all your indirect fire/abilities.

When playing as UKF I will build one mortar pit if I HAVE to and if it gets destroyed I rarely bother replacing it outside of the early game.
9 Jun 2020, 09:16 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Jun 2020, 07:55 AMLatch
It is static, it cant retreat

Let's give brace to the Pak 43 as well then!
9 Jun 2020, 09:18 AM

A unit thats properly used/supported/uncountered pays of, while punishing the player when used badly/countered? Sound like a problem to me.

It's so dumb regular mortar can just move away and take no damage from anything, like i use an off-map to kill it and it just retreats and takes no damage? what bullshit, it doesn't even require micro dude presses like 1 button and his mortar is safe. Oh and they also can be recrewed when lost, so unfair.

9 Jun 2020, 09:23 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Jun 2020, 09:16 AMKhan

Let's give brace to the Pak 43 as well then!

Sure thing, but you'll have to give shot blockers piercing away for it and increase its cost and pop by 50%.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★