Login

russian armor

Mortar autofire/barrage change?

8 Jun 2020, 18:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Jun 2020, 18:26 PMMMX

yeah, good luck coordinating every single mortar attack with up to three (random) teammates.

I'd make it a bit more lethal. Not to make it overboard. It seems that attackers are often blindly walking into barrages and wipe squads overusing this no damage possibility. They should be a little bit more punished for it.
8 Jun 2020, 21:24 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

As other have said, i think it's the perception of barraging to FoW plus paying specific attention that makes barrage look "bad".

Unless most things had been iron out, i think friendly fire is a mess across the board. From offmap to howitzers, rocket artillery, mortar and grenades.
MMX
9 Jun 2020, 03:22 AM

I'd make it a bit more lethal. Not to make it overboard. It seems that attackers are often blindly walking into barrages and wipe squads overusing this no damage possibility. They should be a little bit more punished for it.

well i'd say at least friendly fire could and should be made more consistent across factions. though i haven't checked it myself recently, i remember soviet rocket arty dealing significantly less damage to friendlies than their german equivalents for no apparent reason. the same likely applies to mortars and other indirect fire sources, too.
9 Jun 2020, 08:37 AM

Friendly fire is just an Ostheer problem.

No units besides Ostheer have real friendly fire, all call ins have huge friendly fire.
9 Jun 2020, 11:22 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Jun 2020, 03:22 AMMMX

well i'd say at least friendly fire could and should be made more consistent across factions. though i haven't checked it myself recently, i remember soviet rocket arty dealing significantly less damage to friendlies than their german equivalents for no apparent reason. the same likely applies to mortars and other indirect fire sources, too.

I agree. It probably shouldn't be any gamechanger. Just making sure that the damage friendly fire inflicts just prevents friendly units into diving straight into the barrage/grenade and focus firing enemy units without any consequence that those units will be seriously damaged by the same shells/grenades. I didn't really know it wasn't the same across the board tbh. It definitely should be standardized.
11 Jun 2020, 22:50 PM

Imagine if auto fire was removed?
It would be greatest improvement to coh2 as we know it.
12 Jun 2020, 10:42 AM

Very micro intensive improvement :)
But if off maps, barrages dealt some more damage to friendly units it wouldn't hurt I guess.
12 Jun 2020, 13:27 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Alternative idea to adjust auto attacks. Make the max model affected to 1 they probably adjust the scatter and radius to make this consistent. This way the mortars will afflict 'attrition' while not in constant use but have some independence.
12 Jun 2020, 13:42 PM

Most support weapon have been nerfed to much and the contributes to blobs of infatry with brute force.
(pak howitzer is still op)
12 Jun 2020, 20:14 PM

Making combined arms worse would not be a big improvement to the game.
12 Jun 2020, 20:33 PM

Imagine if bad players learned to play and stopped blaming balance for their lack of micro and impotent blob control tools actually working against them.
Now THAT would improve the game infinitely!
14 Jun 2020, 12:23 PM

Alternative idea to adjust auto attacks. Make the max model affected to 1 they probably adjust the scatter and radius to make this consistent. This way the mortars will afflict 'attrition' while not in constant use but have some independence.

This is one of the things I liked about your mod :)
I would even add the mechanics that would make units drop models more consistently, rather than drop health first and only then models. It would be so much easier to balance different model count in squads.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★