Login

russian armor

Stuka CAS

2 Jun 2020, 00:37 AM

I'm talking about how you are ACTUALLY supposed to code it. Not the general idea behind it. Without requiring "hack" type solutions to make it work.

I have no clue, didn't think knowing how to code was a prerequesite for making a suggestion?

I'm not trying to say it's easy, I don't think any aspect of coding a game like this is. I just don't see why it wouldn't be possible. If the tracking already occurs secretly, is adding a visual indicator that much harder? The icon would last from the time the plane locks on to when it attacks. I assume once it attacks, the plane loses its track if the vehicle is outside the radius

My instinct is that making the planes track/lose the track in the first place is the hard part and that's already done. Could be totally wrong

2 Jun 2020, 02:40 AM

I have no clue, didn't think knowing how to code was a prerequesite for making a suggestion?

I'm not trying to say it's easy, I don't think any aspect of coding a game like this is. I just don't see why it wouldn't be possible. If the tracking already occurs secretly, is adding a visual indicator that much harder? The icon would last from the time the plane locks on to when it attacks. I assume once it attacks, the plane loses its track if the vehicle is outside the radius

My instinct is that making the planes track/lose the track in the first place is the hard part and that's already done. Could be totally wrong

It wouldn't, it's a very easy fix, for the planes to attack something they need to have a target (in the code) so that tank will become the target, then its as simple as reading what is targeted from the CAS and applying target(ed) to it and enabling an icon for the player.
2 Jun 2020, 03:43 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

There's brainstorming ideas and concepts and then there's implementation.

Anything that is already in the game is feasible. But been feasible doesn't mean it's gonna be easy to implement nor that it would be approved.

This is something new. The closest that came to my mind was the old IR HT beam and we know how that end up.
In this case, you are trying to apply a dynamic "debuff" which works from the Loiter plane PoV. Can you retrieve that information from the plane and use that to locate which is the target and then make it so it gets a "mark target" icon show up for as long as the plane needs to attack it and then disappear and repeat the process?

If this was feasible, that would be great. But i'm not holding any hopes on any new feature been implemented as long as it's not already done by some modder.

At the end of the day, this would only be an UI thing, cause the behaviour of the Loiter would remain the same.
2 Jun 2020, 03:55 AM

At the end of the day, this would only be an UI thing, cause the behaviour of the Loiter would remain the same.

Yeah that's exactly what I'm going for. My point is that the current UI is not inuitive at all for newer/less experienced players.

Even with experience I have times where I'm positive I got it out of the radius in time, and the second pass from the planes still gets to me

Yes it's new, but the game is already doing most of the work isn't it? The vehicle must have some kind of toggle that gets turned on to tell the plane to attack
2 Jun 2020, 04:04 AM

Unless I am mistaken the mark target plane has an invisible attack with no damage and that is why the target says it is under attack.
2 Jun 2020, 15:50 PM

this happens to all loiters and is basically a feature. It spots the tank inside the circle and attacks whereever it goes. Just try it with p47 or Sturmovik you get the same results. Calling this a stuka CAS problem is just Biased ;D
2 Jun 2020, 16:07 PM

this happens to all loiters and is basically a feature. It spots the tank inside the circle and attacks whereever it goes. Just try it with p47 or Sturmovik you get the same results. Calling this a stuka CAS problem is just Biased ;D

Yeah. But I would say it is all about the ability description that should probably state sth like that:

"vehicles within the circle marked on the minimap may be followed by the attacking planes even outside of it after the position of the tank is acquired"

People would expect it and it would be much better emotion-wise during the game. Because the ability is great - spectacular graphics, sounds, strafes. Pleasure to watch tbh, and seriously. Lots of nice coding of planes, explosions, etc. The fact that players don't know what to expect using the ability or being on its receiving just stirs up emotions.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★