Login

russian armor

1v1 automatch stats

29 May 2020, 14:56 PM
Senior Editor Badge

So, Whiteflash asked me to pull out some numbers for 1v1 automatch, similar to those that I presented a while ago here.

I just thought that more people might be interested to see them, so I'll post them here rather than in a PM put don't expect this to be as polished as this would be in a proper newspost, so.... If you want to know what the different graphs show or how they were derived, please check out the post linked above.

The data in this post is what I downloaded from the 9th of April to the 29th of May for a total of 315k 1v1 automatch games. The last bigger patch was applied on the 9th of April, so while there might be a few games from the period before, these should be dominated by post-patch games.

Total map picks:

Map picks per ladder rank:

Faction picks:

Faction picks per ladder rank:

Win percentages per faction:

Win percentages per faction and ladder rank:

Win percentages per faction and map:

(error estimates as computed by bootstrapping are between 0.6 and 1.2 percent points (0.6 for the most played maps and factions, 1.2 for the less played maps and factions)).

29 May 2020, 16:09 PM

Looks like Soviets are having a bad time if you just look at the numbers and that UKF has a higher skill ceiling than other factions with how it gets "better" the higher the ranks. No wonder I can't use them then!

Glad to see that my most hated maps are at the bottom of the pick list (bar kholodny, no idea why people like that map!) but I am looking forward to seeing the reworked versions of certain maps.

I've said it before and I will say it until I die, place your points in the proper places and the map is 90% on its way to greatness, the rest matters far less. Hence why crossroads is regarded as one of the best and why winter is despised, probably specifically by me but I hate winter, all it does is force the action to the cut offs as they are hard to defend, on the front lines and easy to take. Compare it to default winter and if you want to go for the cut off, you have to get basically to the enemies base and risk losing the squad for doing so, when its no more risky than going for the mid VP, where is the risk?

Here is waht I want to know though.....

Crossroads and langress are #1 and #2 right, I agree I would say they are deffo top 3, but what makes them the top #1 and #2 when I dont get to chose the specific map to play on? I can have sessions where I cycle angoille and arnhem, I didnt specify these maps, I just find them less insulting than the ones I veto, so, I can't quite get my head around why one map can be played more than others. Obviously if both players veto Angoville it wont select that map so that will knock that map down and ones with less vetos will remain at the higher end, but what is making me play angoville 4 times in a row followed by winter twice?
29 May 2020, 17:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 May 2020, 16:09 PMLatch
Crossroads and langress are #1 and #2 right, I agree I would say they are deffo top 3, but what makes them the top #1 and #2 when I dont get to chose the specific map to play on?

It must be that your opponents are vetoing Langreskaya? I know I would Kappa

The truly sad part is the Win/Loss ratios. There are a lot of variables that make a match win or lose. And we would like to believe that with a large sample size, some of those variables would be smoothed out. But the last batch of stats had Ladoga Karelia as being the most balanced map by faction. But the new stats show it as heavily favoring USF and punishing UKF. Since this is a really important statistic, it is sad to see this much change. Sadly SiphonX does not have access to Player X threw their light vehicle and GG'ed out of the match stats :P

As always much love and appreciation SiphonX <444>3
29 May 2020, 17:46 PM

OKW worst win rates for levels 19, 18, 17 and 16 (not sure if the big Sov dip is for 16 or 15, can't tell).
30 May 2020, 12:33 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge
Benefactor 119

As always great stuff from SiphonX :thumb:

Great to see Nexus come up with the higher ranked players

And interesting to see CRW in the agregate the most balanced (strictly looking at the data)
22 Jun 2020, 20:33 PM

Permanently Banned
OKW worst win rates for levels 19, 18, 17 and 16 (not sure if the big Sov dip is for 16 or 15, can't tell).

"OKW is garbage" - Stormjager 2020

Stats say otherwise
7 Jul 2020, 17:37 PM

This kind of confirms my perceived imbalance towards allies on Angoville.
I hope this map gets a major overhaul or finally kicked out of 1v1 automatch soon...
7 Jul 2020, 17:52 PM
Donator 22

nice post, thanks!
sounds like faction selection is as important as bulletins :-)
-->the impact of "what section suits you best" is probably far grater than +/- 2%
thx for the post!
and 315k games is nothing to sneeze on
7 Jul 2020, 20:31 PM

This kind of confirms my perceived imbalance towards allies on Angoville.
I hope this map gets a major overhaul or finally kicked out of 1v1 automatch soon...

You have to take these particular stats with a grain of salt. Last stats showed Ladoga Karelia as perfectly balanced. This time it appears to NOT be balanced.

As for Angoville, as has always been OST, should do well since they can hold the right side all game long if needed. And OKW just has no tools to do anything in this game, so you cant even count them ever if there is a map where someone might put an MG somewhere :P

It was also foretold and backed up by earlier stats that BRITs would have a hard time dealing with buildings on Angoville. But the stats have them as the strongest faction now.

All of that said, I am not a strategist. Just trying to provide ALL of the information so we can figure this stuff out.

A better metric would be to combine this chart with the chart of plays by rank. If there is a major imbalance, the players will all play it because they have a 50/50 shot of getting the good side 5Head
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★