Login

russian armor

Bulletins revamp

29 May 2020, 16:00 PM

As I remember it, “coh online” had really cool bulletin drops as one used the units. Or the units got permanently stronger. Such a great game that was.

Defs not permanently in coh2, i think bulletins should be promoting something that improves the quality of play yet not 'spammable' at the same time. So the only way you achieve this is by implementing trade-offs.

Say, you have a bulletin that increases the durability of unit 'X' but only if it comes at the cost of weapon/ability reload/cooldown rate. This brings more depth and uniqueness to someone's gameplay by making the player face the consequence of want such a boost.

29 May 2020, 16:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 May 2020, 16:00 PMVIGNASH

Defs not permanently in coh2, i think bulletins should be promoting something that improves the quality of play yet not 'spammable' at the same time. So the only way you achieve this is by implementing trade-offs.

Say, you have a bulletin that increases the durability of unit 'X' but only if it comes at the cost of weapon/ability reload/cooldown rate. This brings more depth and uniqueness to someone's gameplay by making the player face the consequence of want such a boost.

I’m not suggesting that for coh2 though, I think it’s ok as it is. Bulletins should only have a small effect, which they have.
16 Jun 2020, 13:26 PM

I have a slightly different question regarding bulletins that I hope someone can answer with absolute certainty. I have been playing since 2014 and have more than 6,000 hours in game. All of it is Single Player against AI. I have some injuries that keep me from doing anything quickly (micro, hotkeys, etc). My question is this: There are multiple bulletins that apply to two or more units… often applying to units from opposing sides. For example: SHERMAN AND PANTHER TANKS GAIN 4% ADDITIONAL ARMOR, and: RIFLEMEN AND VOLKSGRENADIERS HAVE 3% INCREASED ACCURACY, etc... Let us pretend that I am playing as Amerikan forces and I select these two bulletins. I am confident that my Shermans gain the additional armor, and, that my Riflemen get their increased accuracy. However, do the Germans also get these two things? Common sense tells me that no, they do not. Only I would get these two advantages, because it is I who selected these bulletins. However, this nuance would need to be programmed into the bulletin… and, the bulletin itself says that BOTH, the Amerikans AND the German forces receive the bonus. So, when the original programming was done… did they add this benefit/bonus to BOTH, the Amerikans AND the Germans? Did the programmers also program in the caveat that ONLY the Amerikans would get the benefit if the Amerikans chose this bulletin? AND… if they did indeed program this into the logic, then does it still even work after all these patches over the years? Has this ever been tested or checked by anyone? I never select any of these bulletins that apply to two opposing factions because I am not confident they only apply to my side when I select them. This greatly reduces the number of bulletins I can choose from. The common sense answer is that these dual faction bulletins only apply to the side who selected the bulletin. But has this ever been tested and does anybody really know with certainty?
16 Jun 2020, 13:44 PM

Bulletins apply only to the units the of the player who has them in the load out.
16 Jun 2020, 13:56 PM

he wants proof.
thise whole wall of text can be shortend to one word: proof

"Bulletins apply only to the units the of the player who has them in the load out."

this is no proof
16 Jun 2020, 14:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jun 2020, 13:56 PMBaba
he wants proof.
thise whole wall of text can be shortend to one word: proof

"Bulletins apply only to the units the of the player who has them in the load out."

this is no proof

The ostwind suppression bulletin at see if it apply to your teammate or opponent in cheat mod.
16 Jun 2020, 14:09 PM

i wont provide proof to that question, find it pretty irrelevant tbh

the ostwind bulletin does not apply for 2 factions, thats his second point
16 Jun 2020, 14:22 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jun 2020, 13:26 PMDappy
...So, when the original programming was done… did they add this benefit/bonus to BOTH, the Amerikans AND the Germans? Did the programmers also program in the caveat that ONLY the Amerikans would get the benefit if the Amerikans chose this bulletin? AND… if they did indeed program this into the logic, then does it still even work after all these patches over the years? Has this ever been tested or checked by anyone?...

Image from the modding tools:

The modifier has target "own", which means only units from the player who selects the bulletin. Other players will not be effected in any case. However, this bulletin for example affects the Panzer IV and T-34/76 both. So if you play as Soviets not only your T-34/76, but also captured Panzer IV's get the bonus (and the other way around).
16 Jun 2020, 14:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jun 2020, 14:09 PMBaba
i wont provide proof to that question, find it pretty irrelevant tbh

the ostwind bulletin does not apply for 2 factions, thats his second point

Again if bulletin applied to other player the oswtind bulletin would apply to all ostwinds.
16 Jun 2020, 20:58 PM

Thanks so much to SneakEye. This is just what I was looking for, and I very much appreciate your effort, rather than ridiculing or minimizing what to me (and maybe others) was an important and valid question. Also, I am old and am not very computer literate, so I did not know how to find this answer. Again, Thank You!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★