Login

russian armor

Inconsistency vehicle snares

28 May 2020, 11:21 AM

increase cooldown to match others, yes
28 May 2020, 11:33 AM

Dude 1 u are wrong, 2 u never fucking mentioned the sapper Ur are just making stuff up at this point cause u can't do math
28 May 2020, 15:03 PM

A smaller recharge fit with the combined armed mind, since you will tend to have less Infrantry than others because you invested into MG/sniper/mortar.
28 May 2020, 15:18 PM

I see a lot of talk about how grens need the extra range because of '4 men, defensive etc' but what about when they go for 5 man doctrine? that nullifies that argument, so shouldnt then snares be in line with others?

What about sappers, until they are bolstered, they are a 4 man defensive unit that has a less range snare and are fielded far less than grens are.

I did however almost lose a cromwell to 3 gren squads alone, 2 fausts, snared, third hit, then the others recharged and hit me again to about 1/3 HP. It's expensive so it balances itself out but my god, the recharge time was something else.

Not for nor against a change BTW, just throwing my 2 cents in.
28 May 2020, 17:02 PM

Well Ostheer is a faction that have to face: T70,AEC,Stuart (even if the last one is meh now).

So of you don't want to lose a game just because the ennemy dived in and turned around your Pak thanks to the fact that you can't produce 3 grens squads without giving up essential support weapon.

With 15s recharge time you cannot allow yourself reckless dive in if there is at least 1 gren.

Panzerfaust is unique to the Ostheer playstyle and cannot be "match" with other just based on some numbers. Or it will even more make the combine arm playstyle unviable.
28 May 2020, 17:30 PM

the 4 man argument is just nonsense gren's are very durable with various ability's and commander ability's and with the new t4 cheaper to reinforce in late game this should not a valid argument anymore.
And the osttruppen higher range make even less sense.

People here crying like this would lead to a huge nerf for the panzerfaust but the difference is almost nothing but would give for example the uc a essayer time which is already extreme hard to avoid a faust, i saw even top 10 player fail tho avoid it.
28 May 2020, 17:31 PM

The difference is: most allie squads which can snare have also a handheld AT options / upgrades.

Examples: penals, IS, rifles, UKF pio, ....

there is NOT ONE squad on axis side which can snare and can be upgraded with handheld AT at the same time (unless u pick up a dropped schreck or something)

Is dont have snares...
28 May 2020, 17:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 May 2020, 17:30 PMmadin2
gren's are very durable with various ability's and commander ability's .

*IS laugh*
28 May 2020, 17:42 PM

the 4 man argument is just nonsense gren's are very durable with various ability's and commander ability's

Besides the 5 men VSL upgrade, that is only present in 1/20 commanders and in a commander that specifically focuses on better infantry at the cost of other things, which are those exactly? There is nothing else that makes them less vulnerable to (light) vehicles, except for their vet 3 bonus (which they won't have when facing LVs) or a P4 Command tank (which again they won't have until late game and can hardly be used as an argument). The T4 reinforcement bonus does not kick in until after they've been pummelled by Allied light vehicles either.

People here crying like this would lead to a huge nerf for the panzerfaust but the difference is almost nothing

It'd be a very substantial nerf to Ostheer, which as a faction is already very vulnerable to Allied LVs.

but would give for example the uc a essayer time which is already extreme hard to avoid a faust

The UC absolutely does not need any buffs, especially not against Ostheer. A Vickers UC is already almost impossible to kill in the early game and oppressive enough as it is.
28 May 2020, 18:58 PM

the 4 man argument is just nonsense gren's are very durable with various ability's and commander ability's and with the new t4 cheaper....

Doctrinal options should never dictate non doc units. Balance the core and balance the doctrines after that based on the established balance. Grens need to be able to counter allied lights. If the enemy is kind enough to wait and bring out their flame car or light tank until you are equipped to build a Panther that's great, but unless that happens your t4 late game reinforcement bonus isn't going to help a whole fucking lot is it?

Grens can keep their range/ recharge. Ostroppen should probably be normalized tho.
28 May 2020, 19:25 PM

For instance, USF does have Rifleman: a spammable unit which can carry zooks and have a snare, plus their vet 3 gives:
-50% recharge time of the all abilities.
+25% Anti tank rifle grenade range

28 May 2020, 23:13 PM

Just find a way to fix the timing of AT rifle grenades so I don't have to lose 4 men waiting 10 seconds for the snare to go off
29 May 2020, 01:11 AM

Why not just do the opposite and reduce allied snares to 15 seconds especially because they have caveat's to them, Sappers aren't mainline, Riflemen need Vet 1, and Soviets have to pay for side-tech.
29 May 2020, 07:20 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 May 2020, 01:11 AMClarity
Why not just do the opposite and reduce allied snares to 15 seconds especially because they have caveat's to them, Sappers aren't mainline, Riflemen need Vet 1, and Soviets have to pay for side-tech.

yeah..why not give them 4 handheld AT weapon too?
29 May 2020, 08:33 AM

Well Ostheer is a faction that have to face: T70,AEC,Stuart (even if the last one is meh now).

So of you don't want to lose a game just because the ennemy dived in and turned around your Pak thanks to the fact that you can't produce 3 grens squads without giving up essential support weapon.

With 15s recharge time you cannot allow yourself reckless dive in if there is at least 1 gren.

Panzerfaust is unique to the Ostheer playstyle and cannot be "match" with other just based on some numbers. Or it will even more make the combine arm playstyle unviable.

OKW deal with those vehicles fine even going T1 (in the case of not having extra snare range).

Issue is more so T70 being op, soviets should have it nerfed and have their Maxim made more effective.
29 May 2020, 08:38 AM

Sappers snare range is 15. Grenadiers have 18, and the +7% range bulletin increases that to 19.

Grens have a higher range because they are a (defensive) 4 men squad that cost 30mp per model to reinforce after having to expose themselves to enemy vehicles, and because Ostheer doesn't have a stock light AT vehicle to deal with Allied LVs.

I understand your logic, especially with how nuts the T70 is however...

What I would argue is if WASP range was nerfed to let Faust's become a viable counter, hard counter even. Then why do OKW not get the same range bonus?

222 can hard counter the wasp before OKW puma or luch even begin production. So the LV argument you use would be moot here.

I think Faust's and US AT nade should all be standardized, if one or two vehicles (T70, AAHT, valentine) are causing issues then they should probably be nerfed.
29 May 2020, 08:41 AM

222 can hard counter the wasp before OKW puma or luch even begin production. So the LV argument you use would be moot here.

Stuart, Valentine and T-70?

OKW doesn't need better snares because their snare infantry is numerous, durable and cheap and they have a T0 ATG as well as a Panzerschreck upgrade on their starting unit (even if most people don't use that).
29 May 2020, 08:45 AM

One would argue a regular range snare from minute 0 is enough to deal with m3 or UC until 222 comes out, T70 is a problem unit but Stuart can be easily kept at bay with regular range fausts. (And insta kill tellers)

The heavy meta tourny with pfuss starts into luch were proof of this. And pfuss are worse than volks at early timing, okw also didn't have teller...

Oh and I remembered Inc rounds that can delete LVs for MG42, really there's no reason for extra Faust range IMO. Standardization with basic game mechanics like snares can only be a good thing.

I agree with a nerf to riflemen vet AT nades too before anyone accuses me of bias.

29 May 2020, 11:11 AM

OKW deal with those vehicles fine even going T1 (in the case of not having extra snare range).

Issue is more so T70 being op, soviets should have it nerfed and have their Maxim made more effective.

I talked about Ostheer and you talk about OKW?
29 May 2020, 16:08 PM

The UC absolutely does not need any buffs, especially not against Ostheer. A Vickers UC is already almost impossible to kill in the early game and oppressive enough as it is.

Are you kidding me? Ostheer has a lot easier time to kill an uc then okw, u just need to hit one faust, or lure it in a teller, or kill it with mg42 vet 1 ability, or just play defensive and rush for 222.
A UC to use effective against Ost need a lot micro to babysit it, much more then a sniper.
Especially with the high latency of the server nowadays.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★