Login

russian armor

Matchmaking

24 May 2020, 13:40 PM

Imo it depends on your ranks; higher ones will likely have normal games than 4 digit ones
24 May 2020, 14:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 May 2020, 13:04 PMEuan
All I was trying to say is that, yes, the situation is not perfect, but there's not much we can do in a world where all RTS combined probably have less players than one rank bracket in Rocket League or Call of Duty. So we should maybe just enjoy the cool game we already have, take it as a learning experience or fun mess-around game if you end up with a bunch of noobs.

^This
24 May 2020, 15:58 PM

Lots of anecdotal experience being applied to everyone else.

Experience mostly.

88 games.

My personal experience is pretty in line with Sander's. I have noticed a fair amount of unranked 4v4 teams consisting of the same high level players and a smurf - it seems their sole purpose is to bash lower ranked players. Arranged teams should still have their games made via individual account elo.
24 May 2020, 17:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 May 2020, 15:58 PMKoRneY

88 games.

My personal experience is pretty in line with Sander's. I have noticed a fair amount of unranked 4v4 teams consisting of the same high level players and a smurf - it seems their sole purpose is to bash lower ranked players. Arranged teams should still have their games made via individual account elo.

88 games in matchmaking. Of course I don't play a lot of it. Custom games are my thing since automatch is dead for me.

EDIT: I average at 2 ranked games per week, rest is custom games with identical ranked setups since I can control the variable location much more there. Eg. As a host I ask if there is anyone from east Asia or Australia or US (you get the jest). First I played automatches before US Expansion on a different account and was quite good at it, games were balanced and there were no huge skill differences (shame you can't see overview of each games, you'd get what I mean. My teammate and I score 45k dmg while our 3rd players scores 11k with 50- kills and 150+ deaths). Lately the game quality went to the sewers to have a swim. Either the latency is 3 sec min or the skill difference is colossal.

I do not think that it will ever be fixed and I honestly do not care. COH2 has been dead for quite time now for me so all this talk about imbalance here and imbalance there and OP this, OP that is non of my business. If you don't believe what I say, fine, it's your right and I won't argue with anyone here. For me, the summa-summarum of this thread is that I agree with the OP.
24 May 2020, 19:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 May 2020, 15:58 PMKoRneY

88 games.

I agree, but for the first 10 games only, until they get a rank as a team. I've been on both ends of this, either when teamed up with some good players but having to play 6000 rank players, or being on a random team, and having to play against people who are normally top 100 but get treated as if they're 6000 because they don't have a ranking as a team. Neither of those types of matches are a lot of fun.
24 May 2020, 19:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 May 2020, 19:12 PMGrumpy

I agree, but for the first 10 games only, until they get a rank as a team. I've been on both ends of this, either when teamed up with some good players but having to play 6000 rank players, or being on a random team, and having to play against people who are normally top 100 but get treated as if they're 6000 because they don't have a ranking as a team. Neither of those types of matches are a lot of fun.

Yes, exactly that. Thanks for clarifying
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS