Login

russian armor

Ostruppen cover mechanic is horrible design

23 May 2020, 18:14 PM

I just looked and saw no evidence of that in their cover bonus ability, entity, or squad files. Modifiers like that can sometimes be put somewhere strange, though.

It's a little odd that only their primary weapon gets a benefit from cover, but I think it's a nice, organic way to improve their out-of-cover performance as the game goes on.
23 May 2020, 18:41 PM

23 May 2020, 19:38 PM

i hate to play with and against osttruppen

They should be nerfed a bit early and buffed a bit late I feel.

Maybe make them 220 manpower, but improve the LMG upgrade.
23 May 2020, 22:01 PM

You really should be keeping them behind cover anyway due to their 1.25 model size!!!

+1 to this. Even if their offensive stats were better outside of cover, they'd still be dropping like flies

They should be nerfed a bit early and buffed a bit late I feel.

Maybe make them 220 manpower, but improve the LMG upgrade.

If they do need to be changed I like this approach
24 May 2020, 05:13 AM

They use to be unable to shoot on the move which was kinda funny.

I'd recommend maybe 1-2 pgrens to act as an offensive infantry unit. Use Prostruppen as meatshields in cover while Pgrens or support weapons do more of the killing. Once they get vet and the mg42 they do pretty well.

Also I think being weak out of cover is an attempt to prevent a massive ostruppen blob with a halftrack. I remember that being kinda crazy in the past since Ostruppen reinforce super fast.
24 May 2020, 08:31 AM

They use to be unable to shoot on the move which was kinda funny.

I don't remember them ever shooting on the move, even when they had 120mp cost and sth like 10-12mp reinforce.
27 May 2020, 17:50 PM

Do you think the vet 3 allied infantry are walking all over ostroppen because they are significantly more expensive? Like cons are 20% more, rifles and Tommie are 40% more penals are 50% more... Is it possible that that might be a factor? Like I've noticed That a vet 3 Panther will beat the shit out of a Sherman and I can't for the life of me figure out why, maybe if you can figure out this ostroppen being beaten by units vastly more expensive with their maximum vet you could help me out with this one?
You don’t get it. Why would anyone buy infantry that gets walked over regardless of the cost. If they were free and walked over they would not be worth the micro and popcap. If they microed themselves and had zero popcap then the player would be indifferent regarding fielding them.

Equal veterancy is implied.
27 May 2020, 20:44 PM

You don’t get it. Why would anyone buy infantry that gets walked over regardless of the cost. If they were free and walked over they would not be worth the micro and popcap. If they microed themselves and had zero popcap then the player would be indifferent regarding fielding them.

Equal veterancy is implied.

Because there's more to the game than JUST combat proficiency. Ostroppen have always intended to be map control and expendable manpower. They were never intended to trade well against anything more than conscripts and only when in cover so there is no surprise at all that they struggle in combat against even better units. Don't replace all your entire line with ostroppen and yuu will be fine. They are auxiliary troops not line infantry.
29 May 2020, 07:23 AM

Because there's more to the game than JUST combat proficiency. Ostroppen have always intended to be map control and expendable manpower. They were never intended to trade well against anything more than conscripts and only when in cover so there is no surprise at all that they struggle in combat against even better units. Don't replace all your entire line with ostroppen and yuu will be fine. They are auxiliary troops not line infantry.

Alright, well, like somebody wrote, the descriptions of the units in the game should be updated.
30 May 2020, 10:25 AM

Alright, well, like somebody wrote, the descriptions of the units in the game should be updated.

Yeah, if it was done in English, fans would quickly translate into other languages. Also, COH1 had a really cool system with numbers depicting units' performance against different targets on a scale form 0-10 I think. It helped new players a lot. I've been playing the game from the beginning and still am sometimes surprised how effective/ineffective units are in certain situations.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS