4%
4%
14%
8%
Total votes: 119
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
18 May 2020, 10:20 AM
Lead Strategist Badge

This is the ability from the Sexton commander btw (10 CP) lock down abiltiy.

That this ability is a problem was already clear before UTT2. But not everyone was using it yet. So some people did not noticed the broken ability. As usal in a cup the abuse is the highest (thinking to maxims and m4c shermans or partisan with maxims; Mobile Defense doc etc xD)

What would you prefer?

Side note: I know anvil shells works with, but not sure if that is codeable to remove.
So i did not put it in the options.
18 May 2020, 10:26 AM

Is it possible to lower the lethality? If so it should be included in the options.
18 May 2020, 10:27 AM

If I pulled the numbers from the AE correctly, perimeter overwatch, at the moment:

Lasts 2 minutes. Dumps 1 offmap howitzer shell every 16 seconds, and a mortar shell every 8 seconds. Activates both howitzers at base, which can both fire with a reload 4.7s each.

And sector overwatch, which is the other comparison:

Lasts 45 seconds. Dumps 1 howitzer shell every 4 seconds, but will have its firing interval shortened by a multiplier of 0.85 every time it fires as long as there are targets to be shot at.

I don't know if the values I pulled above are multiplied per target entity.
18 May 2020, 10:28 AM
Lead Strategist Badge

Is it possible to lower the lethality? If so it should be included in the options.

I am sadly no coder. Could be work yes, but hard to say how much to change the lethality, without making this abilty useless. So i prefer still that the arty shells are strong, but nerfing the times etc
18 May 2020, 10:30 AM

I am sadly no coder. Could be work yes, but hard to say how much to change the lethality, without making this abilty useless. So i prefer still that the arty shells are strong, but nerfing the times etc

Well if lethality is OP then slightly lowering it won't make it useless.

Is it okay if an option for lower lethality is added?
18 May 2020, 10:30 AM

Lethality could be changed by adjusting the weapon profiles used by the overwatch trees. Though since it looks like it uses existing profiles, it might mess with their vanilla counterparts.
18 May 2020, 10:34 AM

"Lasts 2 minutes. Dumps 1 offmap howitzer shell every 16 seconds, and a mortar shell every 8 seconds. Activates both howitzers at base, which can both fire with a reload 4.7s each."

Ideally I'd lower the activation time to 90secs and increase the howitzer shell to every 30 seconds and mortar shell every 15 seconds.
18 May 2020, 10:52 AM

If I pulled the numbers from the AE correctly, perimeter overwatch, at the moment:

Lasts 2 minutes. Dumps 1 offmap howitzer shell every 16 seconds, and a mortar shell every 8 seconds. Activates both howitzers at base, which can both fire with a reload 4.7s each.

And sector overwatch, which is the other comparison:

Lasts 45 seconds. Dumps 1 howitzer shell every 4 seconds, but will have its firing interval shortened by a multiplier of 0.85 every time it fires as long as there are targets to be shot at.

I don't know if the values I pulled above are multiplied per target entity.

Apart from the above Overwatch track target a lot faster (if I remember correctly) and thus is far more lethal.
18 May 2020, 10:55 AM

This is the ability from the Sexton commander btw (10 CP) lock down abiltiy.

That this ability is a problem was already clear before UTT2. But not everyone was using it yet. So some people did not noticed the broken ability. As usal in a cup the abuse is the highest (thinking to maxims and m4c shermans or partisan with maxims; Mobile Defense doc etc xD)

What would you prefer?

Side note: I know anvil shells works with, but not sure if that is codeable to remove.
So i did not put it in the options.

The ability is simply badly designed. It is simply too powerful especially in large mods.
(Funny thing is that all that was pointed out during the commander overhaul)

My suggestions would be lower CP and Cost but replace arty shell with mortar shell.

That would make the ability useful in all modes.

Even better if this ability was removed from the arty commander and was replaced by the counter barrage ability available to the "emplacement commander".
18 May 2020, 11:42 AM
Senior Referee Badge

Could we adress the area of effect? That it can cover up to the entire map makes it a bit too much since it will stop come back play in a too cost effective way without any reasonable counter play?
18 May 2020, 12:00 PM

I think the second option would be reasonable if the cost stays at 150 or above
18 May 2020, 12:01 PM

5 Seeking smurf accounts voted for 'no change needed'
18 May 2020, 12:05 PM

more vote option should be included like replace or redesign the ability...
18 May 2020, 12:07 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=II1xptzxkEI

This is tightrope testing the ability (14:00)

The ability does it job against units standing still, doing nothing, asking to be hit...

It's not that overpowered but i think the time this ability is active definetely needs changing.
There's no need for a 2 min arty. I think moving this to 90sec is good and doesn't overnerf it.

It's countered really easly and it isn't like close the pocket where everything gets destroyed.
Simply decapturing the teritory should be enaugh to stop it from hitting you.
I also think it can only focus one point at a time, if i'm not mistaken.

I mainly think this is just an overreaction to the ability. It cost over 200ammo at the end. But i agree it shouldn't be so long.

I think the perfect fix to this is; lowering cost(around 175?), decreasing time (60-90s), leave cp as it is(10) and i would not overnerf the cooldown but you should definetly add one. Just watch out for overnerfing abilities or overbuffing.

offtopic: early warning (recon) should be buffed.
18 May 2020, 12:10 PM

no need for a change.. l2p issue imo
Kappa
18 May 2020, 12:32 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

5 Seeking smurf accounts voted for 'no change needed'

:thumbsup:
18 May 2020, 12:33 PM

Personally I would consider leaving it as it is now, but make it overwatching only teritory captured by royal arty player (like hold the line ability). It will not affect 1v1 at all, but it can help in cheese vp drains in above game modes (at least you will be able to move anywhere, not just sit and watch your 120 vps going away because somebody just pushed the button).
18 May 2020, 12:34 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

Personally I would consider leaving it as it is now, but make it overwatching only teritory captured by royal arty player (like hold the line ability). It will not affect 1v1 at all, but it can help in cheese vp drains in above game modes (at least you will be able to move anywhere, not just sit and watch your 120 vps going away because somebody just pushed the button).

I understand where you are coming from, tho woudln't it be very random? I mean you have to think who captured now this point? Also normally IS is rushing forward, while soviet, usa is capping the points behind...
18 May 2020, 12:36 PM

I understand where you are coming from, tho woudln't it be very random? I mean you have to think who captured now this point? Also normally IS is rushing forward, while soviet, usa is capping the points behind...

In details maybe yes, but in generall it always end with "personalized sides", moreover it can end with some more clever capture strategies, and also this can lead to axis conscious decap of brits teritories to achieve any window when PO arrives.
18 May 2020, 12:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 May 2020, 12:07 PMYRon²y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=II1xptzxkEI

This is tightrope testing the ability (14:00)

Well Tightrope used it incorrectly because none of his base buildings are set up, meaning none of the howitzers participated in barraging the enemy.

Here you see the full effect: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDf6SDp1uX0

2 base howi's firing + occassional offmap mortar shells + occassional offmap howi shells.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★