Leaderboards Rank rebalance

Don't you agree?
Option Distribution Votes
52%
48%
Total votes: 25
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
9 May 2020, 04:06 AM

I strongly think the leaderboarders must be reset once every year. Similar to what Rainbow Six Seige does to its ranked playerbase at the beginnning of new seasons (once a year).

Don't you agree? I think it gives players the chance to start fresh.

For example, my 4v4 Sov rank has been the same for the past 2 years since I play with similar rank peers everytime and kinda feel like Im stuck at this stage. However, in 2v2 not so much stuck.
9 May 2020, 04:08 AM

Wasn't rank reseted if the player had been idle for a long while?
9 May 2020, 04:13 AM

It doesn't really 'reset', it goes to sleep kinda thing. Once, you come back and play a match you get the same rank.
9 May 2020, 06:46 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Pointless cause rank = secret ELO rating.

You would just destroy match making, imagine if everyone would be put in "placements".

The game has such a small playerbase combined with an ELO system which is not refined that it would just bring chaos to the ladder. Just take a look at how "ez" is to get top of the ladder with few games played. This then goes down a bit after 100 games and then goes back to been a slow grind after +300/+500 games.
9 May 2020, 08:13 AM

No, you are just hidden - there is a decay, but it barely does anything, if you were rank 200 and went away for a year, you'll still be fighting rank 200 opponents.
9 May 2020, 08:51 AM
Lead Strategist Badge

No, you are just hidden - there is a decay, but it barely does anything, if you were rank 200 and went away for a year, you'll still be fighting rank 200 opponents.

Not true.
I was with vonasten top 20 in 2vs2. We paused like 1 year and then we were around top 200 xd.
Also already after not playing 14 days, you lose some Elo.
9 May 2020, 10:59 AM

after 100 games and then goes back to been a slow grind after +300/+500 games.

yea thats the part is the slow and boring grind that affects the players who have been playing this game for a long time (7 year old game).

And, I wasnt suggesting that the entire playerbase must be reset at the same time. It could be done in batches(like low to high or otherway).

9 May 2020, 11:30 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

I don't see a reason what this should bring to the table
MMX
9 May 2020, 12:15 PM

Pointless cause rank = secret ELO rating.

You would just destroy match making, imagine if everyone would be put in "placements".

The game has such a small playerbase combined with an ELO system which is not refined that it would just bring chaos to the ladder. Just take a look at how "ez" is to get top of the ladder with few games played. This then goes down a bit after 100 games and then goes back to been a slow grind after +300/+500 games.

this exactly! leaderboard resets would absolutely screw over matchmaking and make games much less enjoyable for everyone. except of course you get a kick out of stomping people below your skill level or playing the punching bag for those that outclass you by a fair margin. but in that case, why not just open an alt account?
9 May 2020, 12:45 PM

that it would just bring chaos to the ladder.

9 May 2020, 13:44 PM

you can stop being stuck by getting better at the game, that's all there is to it really
9 May 2020, 18:14 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

yea thats the part is the slow and boring grind that affects the players who have been playing this game for a long time (7 year old game).

And, I wasnt suggesting that the entire playerbase must be reset at the same time. It could be done in batches(like low to high or otherway).

No, the hard reality is that once you get hundreds of game on, you by default start rising in the ladder. Not because you are better than other players, just because you have more games on.

If you are stuck in random ladder, either you are not good enough to carry your teammates or you are a victim of the timezone you are playing on.
9 May 2020, 18:21 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

This is the equivalent of other game's players complaining about been stuck on bronze or silver ELO HELL.
Then you get the so common and popular Bronze to Master streams showing how you can carry -potato- players.
And even if you are playing with bad players in unwinnable games, in the long run you end up winning more games than your peers at your same ranking.

The problem is considering the automatch a LADDER, which you are "entitled" to climb.

The 4v4 automatch has problems, but it's not a leaderboard problem.
4 Jun 2020, 12:22 PM

Well. I do find it supreme bullshit that my ranking gained by beating higher ranking teams falls to the same position after been beaten by equally higher ranking teams.
4 Jun 2020, 14:44 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Well. I do find it supreme bullshit that my ranking gained by beating higher ranking teams falls to the same position after been beaten by equally higher ranking teams.

That's a problem with whoever set up the "ELO" system.

The uncertainty on the first games during placements is too high.
The system suffers from "point inflation" IMO. If you play hundreds of game against equal opponents, maintaining the same WR, you will rank up.

A basic ELO system is flawed outside of 1v1 but that's the best you will get in most if not all games.
4 Jun 2020, 14:47 PM

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight