Login

russian armor

World changing and Coh history

25 Apr 2020, 16:34 PM

I was watching a game from 2014 featuring Romeo as Usf and Redwingx as ostheer.

It seemed like when i watched the video, both players and the casters had fun, not because the game was challenging or the players made good decisions, but because of the huge cheesing and unbalanced units.

It wasnt so tryhard at these times.

But now in 2020, it seems like its only tryharding and balancing.
The whole problem with newer times.

Everything needs to be balanced
Everything needs to be correct.

I can understand, why so many people get toxic in these newer times.

Gaming require so much skill and causes so much mental stress that your nearly shaking after a bad game.

Just a rant from an old man.
25 Apr 2020, 16:38 PM

2020 CoH 2 > 2014 CoH 2
25 Apr 2020, 17:01 PM

2014 was the one year in the last 14 since coh became a franchise that I didn't play any company of heroes at all
25 Apr 2020, 17:22 PM

There were definitely some fun matches back then, just because there were so many imbalanced things; but it was also incredibly frustrating to play. CoH2-2020 is a much better game than CoH2-2013/2014, and I'm sure CoH2-2021 will be even better.

Sniper Clown Cars, Sov Wire-Fields, 100 range ele, etc. There's many more, I just can't remember them.
25 Apr 2020, 17:26 PM

Well, the game certainly allowed imagination to go wild with strats back then.
25 Apr 2020, 17:53 PM
Donator 11

Non doctrinal 100 range elefant, flamers killing infantry on touch and when t34 ram always destroyed the other tanks main gun. Those were the days...
25 Apr 2020, 18:06 PM

I cringe up to this day, remembering 1st 6 month axis bois complaining that HMG42 was a bad unit, because if soviets captured it, it was GG for ost, because it would just instapin your whole army, as long as it was within firing cone.

Or how pin planes would pin retreating units, cancel the retreat and deal more damage then any of the modern skill planes.
25 Apr 2020, 18:35 PM

While i haven't been playing the game since the beginning i still sometimes wake up screaming in the middle of the night because of volkschreck blobs.
25 Apr 2020, 19:10 PM

Honestly, the game was much better with each sides having relatively OP units fighting other OP units. The game is better right now balance wise, but Relic did a brilliant job back and keeping the game balanced and fun. They knew their stuff. It was overall more fun back then and there were endless weird yet fun strategies. Nowadays the balance is often ruined by people who just want to streamline everything, mirror the factions, have perfect round numbers on their excel sheet. There's a lot of powercreep, but that is the better way to do it. Give and keep the fun stuff!
25 Apr 2020, 19:24 PM

It wasn't all sinshine and rainbows back then. I remember huge frustrations after playing a 30 minute neck-to-neck game only to be instantly demolished by a 2.5k health double damage 0 fuel Tiger ace. Or dominating an opponent only to have them come back by staying on T2 and calling in T34/85s with no tech investments. Back then playing off-meta ment you were purpusfully playing at a huge disadvantage - now, not so much anymore.
25 Apr 2020, 21:23 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Unfortunately it's just rose tinted glasses. There were fun games on every patch, you just conveniently forget the frustration of some of the other games.
26 Apr 2020, 07:00 AM

to sum up we can say that coh2 has always been broken and laughable
26 Apr 2020, 07:12 AM

Non doctrinal 100 range elefant, flamers killing infantry on touch and when t34 ram always destroyed the other tanks main gun. Those were the days...

Old flamers were great, it was a unit you had to focus down rather than current flames that shoot warm water and ignored
26 Apr 2020, 07:31 AM

Old flamers were great, it was a unit you had to focus down rather than current flames that shoot warm water and ignored

Actually flamer where buffed. They become so much powerful that they had to be removed from riflemen and Penals...
26 Apr 2020, 07:39 AM

It wasn't all sinshine and rainbows back then. I remember huge frustrations after playing a 30 minute neck-to-neck game only to be instantly demolished by a 2.5k health double damage 0 fuel Tiger ace. Or dominating an opponent only to have them come back by staying on T2 and calling in T34/85s with no tech investments. Back then playing off-meta ment you were purpusfully playing at a huge disadvantage - now, not so much anymore.

Yep. And the number of viable strategies available to players on various skill levels across all factions has increased expotentially. I'm finding the game more enjoyable that ever as almost all games I'm having at the moment are different. And I really don't get the feeling that I lost to OP units. Of course, there are still those details that could be polished up, but overall the game is the best assymetrical RTS ever imo.
26 Apr 2020, 08:09 AM

Grens could be upgraded with G43 and LMG 42 simultaneously making them terminators.

Oh and 2xhowi/2leig meta when THEY SUPPRESSED :)
26 Apr 2020, 09:23 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Apr 2020, 07:31 AMVipper

Actually flamer where buffed. They become so much powerful that they had to be removed from riflemen and Penals...

They should be more lethal on engineer units that have lower survivability to penals

pretty much the only issue imo was rifle and penal flamers, but all flames got the nerf
26 Apr 2020, 09:27 AM

They should be more lethal on engineer units that have lower survivability to penals

pretty much the only issue imo was rifle and penal flamers, but all flames got the nerf

Again you are simply mistaken. The changes where a buff.

Before flamer would occasionally score a critical kill, now one simply can not stay under flamer fire.

Actually the buff was so great that lead to removing flamer from riflemen and Penal.
26 Apr 2020, 10:17 AM

I always used to prioritise target flame infantry units when they moved in, their critical were always impossible to predict and often more devastating than planned. I loved that sense of incertitude and quick change of combat gameplay tho, missing that. Since the great flame nerfs over the past years players have shifted their emphasis to other units. RIP good old flame gameplay.
26 Apr 2020, 10:57 AM

Ahhh yes, I still remember the Rifle Company player who (Ab)used vet I call-in riflemen, flamethrower upgrade to the max and complained I beat him with (what was balanced) ISGs disregarding the fact I had stolen 1-2 flamethrowers off him and trashed his EZ8s.

"ISGs win the game again!" Sure thing, Mr. Riflemen Flamethrower.

Triple volks suppression bulletins caused a former friend of mine to ragequit lol after one too many flame nades into their MGs.

While i haven't been playing the game since the beginning i still sometimes wake up screaming in the middle of the night because of volkschreck blobs.

Don't forget their vet V RA bonus that made them Terminators! T-70 was on life support lol. We called it target practice in 4v4s. Was tempted to go looking for an old screenshot to see if I had any of the shreckvolks, but wasn't that mean lol.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 100
Peru 42
United States 30
United States 22

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %