Login

russian armor

Skill planes

27 Apr 2020, 18:20 PM

For UKF, I'd make the AEC and bofors mo long exclusive and fix the bofors rotation speed so it could shoot down planes. Give it a pretty big radius to do this. Nerg the snot out of it's AI and cut cost.

Ukf lacks affordable AA, so when skillplanes are called in, it feels like it has no real solution. Lendlease fixes this like so many things...

The bofors AI was already nerfed pretty hard. They had to partially revert some of the nerfs because it couldn't even defend itself against infantry when weaker than it currently is. I don't remember which patch the change was, but pretty sure they tested it at a couple of levels.
27 Apr 2020, 18:30 PM

I also placed the CAS directly behind his retreat path and flanked/rear approached it with spotting infantry squads.

Which you could do with any other offmap, with the possible exception of the P47. I played against someone who dove an Ele and lost it to artillery cover. The Ele changed directions twice, so any balance problem was probably sitting on a chair at the time.
27 Apr 2020, 18:47 PM

the easiest cure for OP would be using the broken abilities himself and seeing himself countered
27 Apr 2020, 23:34 PM

The thing is, it does not drecew it but directly destroy it. As I said before, i do not have a problem with the skill plane itself, but rather with the commanders and their abilities.

Best example is ISU152 commander. The ISU is a big threat against Inf and tanks, than they got Shocktroopers iirc and than, the hardcounter for the ISU152, is directly out of game because of the bombing strike ability.
That is my point and my main issue. If you have a good infantry commander with a bombing strike to clear out obstacles for example, I am absolutely for that. But having a jack of all trades commander is bullshit for me.
Elefant, Fallschirmjäger and StuKa....well I would also like to have that in one commander... :P

Well yes. A 200mu off map that needs vision does destroy the gun. Not sure what you are expecting exactly... "ah! The enemy has either infiltrated my line and caught vision of my arty/Pak or managed to recon me using either munitions or manpower combined with munitions and then called in a 200mu strike! It sure is a good thing it's only decrewed so now for the low low price of 75mp I have recrewed it and have the upper hand! Bwahahahahahah" something along those lines?

The commander compositions are fair game to bitch about for sure but make sure you are aware it goes both ways right? For example ost has more options for commanders that have a tiger tank than soviet have options for a recon plane. The commanders need reshuffle for sure but it's not all sunshine and daisies over there. It's would certainly be nice to want to use a specific heavy tank and not have a whopping 2 choices of how to support it.
28 Apr 2020, 15:11 PM

Once again, I do not have problems with a 200mun skill plane. I am just bitching about the commanders.
As i said before with the ISU152 commander, the skill plane in this commander/doctrine is nonsense because it takes out the complete hardcounter without effort.
This was just an example, of course it goes also with the grand offensive doctrine or other ones. It was just an example in general. So stop bitching.

I am just saying that certain commanders need to be tweaked.
28 Apr 2020, 15:19 PM

Once again, I do not have problems with a 200mun skill plane. I am just bitching about the commanders.
As i said before with the ISU152 commander, the skill plane in this commander/doctrine is nonsense because it takes out the complete hardcounter without effort.
This was just an example, of course it goes also with the grand offensive doctrine or other ones. It was just an example in general. So stop bitching.

I agree certain combo should simply not be available.
28 Apr 2020, 17:07 PM

And as I said, the commander composition is absolutely an issue but leading with "the thing is its not decreed but destroyed" when bitching about a 200mu off map certainly gives tones of "the 200mu off map shouldn't destroy only decrew"

I agree commanders need a rework to make them all fun and balanced, I've said so for a long time. Recon and off maps should be exclusive. Heavy Armour and get out of jail free abilities should also be exclusive. Elite infantry and abilities that globally skyrocket the power of infantry should also be looked at (things like for mother Russia and for the father land are clear cases against this kind of ability+ elite infantry combo) certain combos are simply OP and leave other halfway decent commanders in the dust because they are not game breakingly powerful
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★