Login

russian armor

Top players boycotting grens in the tournament.

20 Apr 2020, 03:17 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Apr 2020, 15:29 PMGrumpy

I watched the last couple hours of AE's cast. It seemed like Ost won most of the time. I don't remember seeing any UKF or any other sign of the dreaded Britocalypse that some people have been predicting.

Kimbo have a win with UKF, AE cast, but that was totaly gg for him. Still, havent seen any sight of tommy doom blobs or UK rule.
20 Apr 2020, 10:43 AM

It just makes good sense. Ostruppen have fausts to snare and a 6 man squad. Better survivalbility against light vehicles, snare, then Pgrens coming in to finish the job. You can also create a blob of Ostruppen with LMG42's, and have an artillery officer use inspiring aura to make them pretty formidable.
20 Apr 2020, 11:29 AM

I think survivabilty may be the key to not choosing them. But I loved one game when grens screened the sniper agains the UKF. Playing the game now I have a feeling the ost is working again. The last patch was another step towards even better balance. I feel grens are ok on my level and are a must with the riflenade against team weapons.
20 Apr 2020, 11:36 AM

Kimbo have a win with UKF, AE cast, but that was totaly gg for him. Still, havent seen any sight of tommy doom blobs or UK rule.

Doom blobs are a meme, nobody was gonna do such a thing in a tourney.

I think a lot of people played with their most comfortable factions which are usually Soviets and USF. I think the absence of AshaBlois, McBain, Tightrope and CreatifeName led to the lack of UKF picks which didn't allow a good look at the faction's power level. I also think Noggano screwed himself over in the finals picking UKF over Soviets/USF. His Soviets play in the 2019WC was exemplary.

Overall we'll have to wait and see in the next tournament.
20 Apr 2020, 12:31 PM

I think a lot of people played with their most comfortable factions which are usually Soviets and USF. I think the absence of AshaBlois, McBain, Tightrope and CreatifeName led to the lack of UKF picks which didn't allow a good look at the faction's power level. I also think Noggano screwed himself over in the finals picking UKF over Soviets/USF. His Soviets play in the 2019WC was exemplary.

I'm wondering how we arrived at the standard wait and see approach from advocating for pretournament hot fixes and balance team shufflings just a few days ago.

Sure, it's early in the meta and more data helps us form a more complete picture, but I think a decent portion of the community is just tired of a large contingent of players crying wolf.
20 Apr 2020, 12:44 PM

I'm wondering how we arrived at the standard wait and see approach from advocating for pretournament hot fixes and balance team shufflings just a few days ago.

Because there was a very real danger of spoiling the tournament. I know I'm recycling old points but people refuse to understand so here we go again: Miragefla on stream said Brits are OP and he'd try to get a hotfix ready for the tournament. A day later other members of the balance team said they'd wait and see. There was also a discussion on the tournament discord about potentially banning UKF from the tournament. A lot of high level players in general felt that the patch broke UKF and a hotfix was needed, which in turn led to a lot of strong opinions in the community. Whether or not those were true in the end is still unknown, I'd say the tournament has proved that Brits are not broken OP but the fact we didn't get to see UKF mains/masters like AshaBlois use UKF in the tournament means it's still a very real possibility that the faction is OP, hence why I think the final decision will be made by June when it's likely we'll see more UKF, especially with the 2v2 tournament between then and now.
20 Apr 2020, 13:46 PM

Didn't you started a panic thread right after a patch, supporting yourself with a clip of top player stomping average player, saying new IS is doom blob and needs to be addressed asap, before the tournament happens?
20 Apr 2020, 13:49 PM

Noggano played your UP Grens against Kimbo's OP IS and still was able to win pretty easily. Idk what you talking about.
20 Apr 2020, 14:30 PM

LMG grens are still bad, but 5 men grens get the work done. Too bad it takes a commander to get those. But now when heavy tank meta is not what it used to be I guess there is nothing better available for 1v1 ostheer that doesn't give osttruppen or asssgrens.
20 Apr 2020, 14:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Apr 2020, 13:46 PMKatitof

Didn't you started a panic thread right after a patch

No I didn't, learn to read. I've said 100 times that the point of the thread was that Brits were OP not that blobs were the main issue, it was just a symptom which I used as an example. Stop repeating the same garbage over and over it's getting tiring having to say the same thing 100 times a day.
20 Apr 2020, 14:45 PM

Just because i sniped alot with Brits doesnt mean i would have played them. I feel more comforable with usf and soviets so i would have gone for either of them depending on the map and opponent 9/10 games.

And the only thing Grens actually lack is the ability to build sandbags like every other mainline infantry (except usf, they need a doc). I think their performance is perfectly fine
20 Apr 2020, 14:46 PM

Just because i sniped alot with Brits doesnt mean i would have played them. I feel more comforable with usf and soviets so i would have gone for either of them depending on the map and opponent 9/10 games.

That's basically everyone's point from the tournament, that you can't say Brits fine/OP/UP based on the tourney since most people playing were more comfortable playing Soviets/USF.
20 Apr 2020, 16:03 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

That's basically everyone's point from the tournament, that you can't say Brits fine/OP/UP based on the tourney since most people playing were more comfortable playing Soviets/USF.

At least you can say they are not broken. When that was the case it didn't matter what faction people were more comfortable with.
If a commander was steamrolling, don't doubt that it would had been banned.
20 Apr 2020, 17:13 PM

At least you can say they are not broken. When that was the case it didn't matter what faction people were more comfortable with.
If a commander was steamrolling, don't doubt that it would had been banned.

Yeah they're not broken, or if they are it hasn't been discovered yet.

Maybe in theory if it became known beforehand that for instance Assault was broken then everyone would be abusing it. The fact that Brits didn't dominate is a good indication that they're not broken. That they are OP remains the most likely scenario at the moment.
20 Apr 2020, 17:45 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Yeah they're not broken, or if they are it hasn't been discovered yet.

Maybe in theory if it became known beforehand that for instance Assault was broken then everyone would be abusing it. The fact that Brits didn't dominate is a good indication that they're not broken. That they are OP remains the most likely scenario at the moment.

I remain skeptical, specially on 1v1.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS