Login

russian armor

Axis factions get worse with every patch

20 Apr 2020, 16:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Apr 2020, 15:37 PMGrumpy

Except that the T-shirt and house analogy is completely hysterical, as are you for buying into it. The buffs were all around 10-20% of one single stat for most units. Everybody got a T-shirt except for the Tommies, who got a 0.15% and a 0.05% T-shirt. Nobody got or lost a house.

Well, I guess i'm too hysterical to answer anyway
20 Apr 2020, 22:27 PM

Fix commanders making the game imbalanced. I shouldn't have to pick a certain commander to counter a certain other one. Like why don't we fix this?

We just did with this patch.
4v4 doesn't bow to any rules tho.
21 Apr 2020, 04:49 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Apr 2020, 15:37 PMGrumpy

Except that the T-shirt and house analogy is completely hysterical, as are you for buying into it. The buffs were all around 10-20% of one single stat for most units. Everybody got a T-shirt except for the Tommies, who got a 0.15% and a 0.05% T-shirt. Nobody got or lost a house.

Except that it's not 0.05%. It's a 50% improvement in RA because we're comparing the previous -10% RA with the current -15% RA. If a unit has 0.1 of a particular stat, and you give it another 0.05, it's not a 0.05% improvement. It's 150% of what it previously was. It's a huge performance improvement relative to the previous iteration of Tommies

And the moving accuracy buff is a 42.8% increase in moving DPS, not 0.15%. Your numbers are off by about 28,500 %.

Tommies have indeed been overtuned but not to the point where they're uncounterable. They used to be great in cover and bad when moving or out of cover. Now they're great in cover and still better than Volks/Grens when moving or out of cover, which is pretty oppressive given how early bolster comes online.

21 Apr 2020, 06:00 AM

Distrofio:

I think you are really missing the point here.

Let me use a simple example.

Lets buff Kubel speed 100%

Kubel OP (of course) but... is OKW OP because of that?

Meet Distrofio:

Clearly BS.
1v1 matchup only. Skill dependent assumption. Small sample. Missing combinations. Not a single in depth description of each game.

Let's not spread sh*t please

So you and others turn a couple small percentage buffs into a huge balance issue, somehow needing a hotfix that Miragefla allegedly had ready to go (if true, would really like to see him explain himself), declared UKF more or less unbeatable before the tournament, and even had people calling the balance team incompetent and demanding they quit.

Yes, let's not spread shit please.
21 Apr 2020, 06:31 AM

Except that it's not 0.05%. It's a 50% improvement in RA because we're comparing the previous -10% RA with the current -15% RA. If a unit has 0.1 of a particular stat, and you give it another 0.05, it's not a 0.05% improvement. It's 150% of what it previously was. It's a huge performance improvement relative to the previous iteration of Tommies

And the moving accuracy buff is a 42.8% increase in moving DPS, not 0.15%. Your numbers are off by about 28,500 %.

Tommies have indeed been overtuned but not to the point where they're uncounterable. They used to be great in cover and bad when moving or out of cover. Now they're great in cover and still better than Volks/Grens when moving or out of cover, which is pretty oppressive given how early bolster comes online.

You do have a somewhat valid point on the moving accuracy, it is a larger increase if you use the previous moving accuracy as the divisor. By your own math, you're wrong on the RA. You could call it a 5.9% buff, so you only missed it by 144.1%. (or since it was really a 5.9% buff, you exaggerated it by roughly 2440%)

21 Apr 2020, 09:03 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Apr 2020, 06:31 AMGrumpy

You do have a somewhat valid point on the moving accuracy, it is a larger increase if you use the previous moving accuracy as the divisor. By your own math, you're wrong on the RA. You could call it a 5.9% buff, so you only missed it by 144.1%. (or since it was really a 5.9% buff, you exaggerated it by roughly 2440%)

i dont think the rec acc buff, is the problem right now. I actually think it's the moving acc buff, that makes them overrun you with abilites like assoult and nades
21 Apr 2020, 21:33 PM

I would think Ostheer would be doing better after the patch though. I think it's too early to say right now who's the best or worst
22 Apr 2020, 00:20 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Apr 2020, 06:00 AMGrumpy

So you and others turn a couple small percentage buffs into a huge balance issue, somehow needing a hotfix that Miragefla allegedly had ready to go (if true, would really like to see him explain himself), declared UKF more or less unbeatable before the tournament, and even had people calling the balance team incompetent and demanding they quit.

Yes, let's not spread shit please.

I see you like double standards and got cant face it. People here told you how insignificant some ost buffs are and how relevant the IS actually is. But your spooky math is both wrong and inconsistent.

Percentage information is worthless without background.

IS having -15 % RA instead of -10 RA means 50% increase. Compared with the absolute value means (90-85)/90 = 5.556 % more durability.

It's both a 50% buff AND 5.556 % extra durability.

22 Apr 2020, 00:36 AM

I see you like double standards and got cant face it. People here told you how insignificant some ost buffs are and how relevant the IS actually is. But your spooky math is both wrong and inconsistent.

Percentage information is worthless without background.

IS having -15 % RA instead of -10 RA means 50% increase. Compared with the absolute value means (90-85)/90 = 5.556 % more durability.

It's both a 50% buff AND 5.556 % extra durability.

1) I don't like double standards, and you're anything but an unbiased judge in this.

2) No, it's not a 50% buff. You clearly don't understand how math works or don't understand the difference between multiplication and subtraction. Going from a RA of 0.9 to 0.85 is not a 50% buff. By your retarded logic, if the old RA was 0.99 and the new one was 0.98, you would be screaming that UKF got a 100% buff. It's completely idiotic.
22 Apr 2020, 21:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Apr 2020, 00:36 AMGrumpy

1) I don't like double standards, and you're anything but an unbiased judge in this.

2) No, it's not a 50% buff. You clearly don't understand how math works or don't understand the difference between multiplication and subtraction. Going from a RA of 0.9 to 0.85 is not a 50% buff. By your retarded logic, if the old RA was 0.99 and the new one was 0.98, you would be screaming that UKF got a 100% buff. It's completely idiotic.

1) Lies, saying that IS got a 0.15% (0.0015) and 0.05% (0.0005) and saying at the same time that OST got 10-20% buffs is double standards. You lost your mind and judge everyone that thinks UKF got overbuffed, you are biased and i doubt you could identify an unbiased person.

2)It is a 50% buff because ALL MAINLINE INFANTRIES HAVE AROUND 1 RA. so if i "Buff" the RA BONUS IN COVER (wich was -0.10) to -0.15 means a 50% EXTRA COVER BONUS. The issue is around conditional sentences, not absolute values. It could mean a lot if we consider that IS is the first infanty UKF has and the only one with 0.85 RA.

I hope this settles down things
22 Apr 2020, 22:08 PM

I... Have no idea how this simple math matter has evolved into this much of a "discussion"....
23 Apr 2020, 14:35 PM

Don't worry guys, I'm sure the balance team is gonna include a series of buffs in the next patch that are totally not pseudo buffs. Something along the lines of:

"In order to make ostheer mainline infantry more competitive we have incorporated the following changes:"
-Panzer Werfers unlock the infantry awareness skill at vet 3
-Ostheer HQ now gains "lay down barbed wire" ability when escalating to BP 2
-Stugs can now use "waggle the turret" -skill to confuse the enemy and to reduce its target size. Main gun is disabled during the use of skill.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★