Login

russian armor

Axis factions get worse with every patch

18 Apr 2020, 18:14 PM

Rant post but it is a serious issue.

We now have three Allied factions that greatly outperform the two Axis factions in every regard.

UKF > Soviets > USF > OKW > Ostheer.

With the return of the Brit bs and the nerf of the only Axis unit that could fight back (Tiger) Axis are not competitive. Change my mind.

Katitof posts will be ignored.
18 Apr 2020, 18:19 PM

No

The Infantry section boost probably went way overboard + wehr has notoriously trouble against USF in 1s, but no one struggles against Soviets, and OKW does well against USF
18 Apr 2020, 18:30 PM

I must have missed the memo because the tourny is far from the Allied walkfest some fanbois said it would be without tiger. PFC played standard 4 volks, MG and mech truck and had two thirds of the map against apparently unbeatable 5 tommy early/mid game UKF, vonivan kicking butt with Ostheer and pgrens. Assgrens getting use, ostruppen getting use, 5man grens getting use. Wehr snipers racking up 40kills... It's almost as if Tiger was not their only good doctrin choice.

Unlike last tournement faction selection is pretty evenly spread between ALL factions, which is a great sign that balance has worked.

Can't wait for sunday
18 Apr 2020, 18:48 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

1v1 is very different than teamgames. I'd say it's near impossible to balance them all, but lets wait for the tourney to end to draw conclusions.
18 Apr 2020, 18:58 PM

I must have missed the memo because the tourny is far from the Allied walkfest some fanbois said it would be without tiger. PFC played standard 4 volks, MG and mech truck and had two thirds of the map against apparently unbeatable 5 tommy early/mid game UKF, vonivan kicking butt with Ostheer and pgrens. Assgrens getting use, ostruppen getting use, 5man grens getting use. Wehr snipers racking up 40kills... It's almost as if Tiger was not their only good doctrin choice.

Unlike last tournement faction selection is pretty evenly spread between ALL factions, which is a great sign that balance has worked.

Can't wait for sunday

It was more about a tiger being a very reliable counter to is2s. Now that there's some breathing room players can actually mess with other tiers and commanders.
18 Apr 2020, 19:33 PM

Ost doing really well in the tournament right now.
18 Apr 2020, 19:34 PM

Permanently Banned
Ost doing really well in the tournament right now.

No thanks to your 5man grens though.
18 Apr 2020, 19:35 PM

Permanently Banned
*Ost doing well only if grens are boycotted.
18 Apr 2020, 20:27 PM

I still wish for the day 5 man grenadier is non - doctrine upgraded: Maybe make it like Conscript upgrade that I if I choose it I can't no longer upgrade LMG42 and pick up weapon on the ground?

The problem I'm finding myself as Ostheer is the low squad size of Gren and I gotta get to vet 3 to get the 20% reduced damage. I can't use Gren to pick up crew weapons if I lost just a single model and this game with it much AoE weapon like ISU - KV2 - Katchusa and so on.

Yeah sure we got a doctrine 5 man squad but then as a 2vs2 team player, I can't no longer bring out elefant to counter ISU and face it, mostly in 2vs2 it's elefant vs ISU - KV2 now

28 manpower reinforce and 25% faster capping is cool but what Ostheer players like me want is the ability for Grenadier to stay on the field longer ( right now I'm dealing with this by keep a 251 halftrack behind me )
18 Apr 2020, 20:40 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

JESUS, how many times are we gonna use this tired old trope of an excuse to explain why the bal team can't do their jobs properly. The 4v4 excuse is ONLY used when bal team doesn't wanna buff Ost. Meanwhile they do whatever they want with the other factions, zero fucks given.

So you're complaining that they don't buff OST because of teamgames, after they've just buffed OST. Also complaining that OST is garbage in 1s, even though so far in the tourney they're doing perfectly fine? Mkay.
18 Apr 2020, 21:07 PM

So you're complaining that they don't buff OST because of teamgames, after they've just buffed OST. Also complaining that OST is garbage in 1s, even though so far in the tourney they're doing perfectly fine? Mkay.
That's the really sneaky thing. Ostheer received pseudo buffs and a great nerf: Tiger is gone. All in all I consider Ost a worse faction now in competitive gaming.
18 Apr 2020, 21:15 PM

Permanently Banned
Agreed with Butcher. And like I've said earlier, the players that are winning with Ost are skipping mainline Ost inf. Just tells you how little faith top players have in the meta early game for Ost.
18 Apr 2020, 21:17 PM

Imagine getting 9 buffs and 2 nerfs and thinking you got shortchanged in the patch.
18 Apr 2020, 21:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Apr 2020, 21:07 PMButcher
That's the really sneaky thing. Ostheer received pseudo buffs and a great nerf: Tiger is gone. All in all I consider Ost a worse faction now in competitive gaming.

Waaah my crutch unit got nerfed now my faction is useless because I can't auto win. Thats what you sound like. The (for the most part) death of the heavy meta means that you can actually play doctrines without heavies, and not be at an inherent overwhelming disadvantage.
18 Apr 2020, 21:35 PM

Imagine getting 9 buffs and 2 nerfs and thinking you got shortchanged in the patch.

Pak40 buffed
Brummbarr buffed
LeFH buffed (why?)
T4 buffed

Tiger nerfed
Frag nerfed

Puma changed
Tech changed, not really a buff or nerf, just a restructure to try and make T4 more viable

That's 4 buffs, 2 nerfs, 2 changes; and 2 of those 'buffs' are questionable (LeFH pop reduction/Pak40 traverse).

Waaah my crutch unit got nerfed now my faction is useless because I can't auto win. Thats what you sound like. The (for the most part) death of the heavy meta means that you can actually play doctrines without heavies, and not be at an inherent overwhelming disadvantage.

The thing is, without the Tiger, OST was completely stomped in the WCS. IIRC non-tiger doc picks had something like a 20% win rate.

18 Apr 2020, 21:39 PM

*Ost doing well only if grens are boycotted.

Grens were used once and lost, therefore grens up?
Penals were used once and lost, therefore penals up.

Katitof posts will be ignored.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 30
Peru 8
unknown 6
United States 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L