Login

russian armor

Tier list 1vs1

17 Apr 2020, 18:32 PM

With the new patch, which are the best factions for 1vs1?
17 Apr 2020, 18:35 PM

Eh hard to tell yet

And its really difficult to rank them, since each faction performs differently based on whom it faces
17 Apr 2020, 18:42 PM

We haven't had any tournaments since the patch. I'd suggest watching the COHrona cup to see what the best players think is best. I don't know if the slight nerfs to heavies were enough to change the meta for 1v1.
17 Apr 2020, 18:59 PM

Brits>Sov=Usf>Wehr>okw
17 Apr 2020, 19:00 PM

Permanently Banned
Orangepest describes it perfectly. Allies still OP.
17 Apr 2020, 19:06 PM

Brits>Sov=Usf>Wehr>okw

Is OST better than OKW?
17 Apr 2020, 19:14 PM

Depends on matchup, vs brits yes, vs rest okw is favored i feel, but im unsure atm.
17 Apr 2020, 19:30 PM

Brits>Sov=Usf>Wehr>okw

I haven't played enough on the new patch to say it confidently, but this seems fairly accurate. I'd swap OKW and OST, though.

#1. UKF, if doing their new "infantry blob" strategy is absurdly powerful - but outside of that one build, they're pretty average, if not slightly sub-par (probably #3 or even #4).

#2 and 3. Sov/USF are both still very, very strong. TD meta needs to be looked at, as does mid-game infantry (i.e. vet 2, before Obers and Vet 3 LMG grens are available). Docs also needs to be looked into, especially for USF, where there seem to only be 2 viable choices (but they're both great).

#4. OKW. They have a good set of tools, and their units scale well. Some things are still a bit on the strong side (late-game volks are still a bit too cost effective, Spec Ops flares, etc.), and some things could use minor buffs (JP4 pen?). Over-all, I'd say OKW feels the most "right" in terms of power level. They could also go for some doc revisions, as there's basically only 2-3 viable choices (Grand Offensive, JT, possibly still spec ops?).

#5. OST. Still pretty bad. Grens get beaten fairly easily in the early/mid game, and they don't have access to any non-doc vehicle with over 50 range. They also rely heavily on static units (LMG Grens, MG42, Pak40s, etc.), but those are all countered (either soft or hard-countered) fairly easily by units like the Scott, Pack-Howie, and so on.
18 Apr 2020, 08:08 AM

Shows the problem I was talking about even before the patch.

Why do Brits get straight up buffs while Ostheer does get minor adjustments?

The game is about field presence. Capping a bit faster and then getting your ass kicked by superior units will not fix Ostheer. Sure you can reinforce cheaper aswell. But then you return and get your ass kicked by superior units again.

Brits and Ost were underperformign previously. Either both get slight adjustments or both get straight up performance buffs. Everything else is a double standard.
18 Apr 2020, 08:24 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Apr 2020, 08:08 AMButcher
Shows the problem I was talking about even before the patch.

Why do Brits get straight up buffs while Ostheer does get minor adjustments?

The game is about field presence. Capping a bit faster and then getting your ass kicked by superior units will not fix Ostheer. Sure you can reinforce cheaper aswell. But then you return and get your ass kicked by superior units again.

Brits and Ost were underperformign previously. Either both get slight adjustments or both get straight up performance buffs. Everything else is a double standard.

Unit have come to a level where brute force is better than combined armes.

Thus Ostheer should not get buffs the other faction should get nerfs.
18 Apr 2020, 09:42 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Apr 2020, 08:24 AMVipper

The only way to make all factions play like Ostheer, is to turn every faction into Ostheer clones. You can't make a faction like UKF rely as much on combined arms when their combined arms tools are so limited and bad.
18 Apr 2020, 10:08 AM

The only way to make all factions play like Ostheer, is to turn every faction into Ostheer clones. You can't make a faction like UKF rely as much on combined arms when their combined arms tools are so limited and bad.

There is difference between making all faction clones and spamming the a single unit type being the most efficient strategy.

Infantry blobs should become less effective and that includes nerf to them.
18 Apr 2020, 10:29 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Apr 2020, 08:24 AMVipper

That was always the case with OST. I've been saying this since the beginning, using combined arms and carefully placing weapon teams, as powerful as they are, is considerably harder than just having one unit which counters everything and does not need arduous micro
18 Apr 2020, 11:43 AM

Soviets and OKW as in the last tournament. Both have not received major nerfs. So I imagine they will dominate again.

Light tanks early game and borderline broken late game.

Penals and T70, lategame you can easily field 5 or more tanks. Compare KV-1 or SU85 popcap to Churchill's or FF respectively.

OKW have solid early game with light tank AND an AT vehicle in the same tier. Then obers that crush all after vet2, 60range TD, rocket arty etc.

USF and Brits still reliant on gimmicks IMO, some roster holes.
18 Apr 2020, 22:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Apr 2020, 10:29 AMDomine

That was always the case with OST. I've been saying this since the beginning, using combined arms and carefully placing weapon teams, as powerful as they are, is considerably harder than just having one unit which counters everything and does not need arduous micro

I agree with this, but i am afraid, and its me speaking now, the game has been proggressively degenerated into simpler and easier designs, for the sake of some "Fair_balance.inc" complaints.

If you cant make the players do better, make the game simpler to keep the playerbase...
21 Apr 2020, 01:40 AM

Orangepest describes it perfectly. Allies still OP.

COHRONA cup finals

1 – OKW beats UKF
2 – Ost beats Sov
3 – OKW beats UKF
4 – Ost beats Sov
5- USF beats Ost

Clearly Allies OP.
21 Apr 2020, 02:38 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Apr 2020, 01:40 AMGrumpy

COHRONA cup finals

1 – OKW beats UKF
2 – Ost beats Sov
3 – OKW beats UKF
4 – Ost beats Sov
5- USF beats Ost

Clearly Allies OP.

Clearly BS.
1v1 matchup only. Skill dependent assumption. Small sample. Missing combinations. Not a single in depth description of each game.

Let's not spread sh*t please
21 Apr 2020, 07:21 AM

COHRONA cup finals

1 – OKW beats UKF
2 – Ost beats Sov
3 – OKW beats UKF
4 – Ost beats Sov
5- USF beats Ost

Clearly Allies OP.
that's only means usf still op
21 Apr 2020, 15:32 PM

COHRONA cup finals

1 – OKW beats UKF
2 – Ost beats Sov
3 – OKW beats UKF
4 – Ost beats Sov
5- USF beats Ost

Clearly Allies OP.

Ost were touted as the underdogs and weakest faction of the tournament by many. (I thought they would struggle too) but they punched above their weight and were really allowed to flourish without being shoehorned into preparing for heavy meta.

Definitely a shakeup of balance, but OKW are still great too. Soviets and Brits probably a bit behind USF in 1vs1 for me. But maybe that's just Asiamint outclassing the rest, kind of like THE STIG from top gear outdriving my Ferrari in a smart car.
21 Apr 2020, 15:40 PM

COH2 isn't really a 1v1 game. It all depends who you face. USF is versitale and good vs OST later on. OKW is versitale and good vs pretty much everybody and extra good on closed-up maps (close range combat). UKF is pretty good in long range combat. OST is a bit on the weak side early on but once the early game is over, OST gets in The Zone. Soviets are Cyka Blyat still, all-rounders
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★