Login

russian armor

The Pershing.

MMX
28 Apr 2020, 03:47 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Apr 2020, 19:43 PMGrumpy

Interesting. Do you have scatter values? I've tried the Pershing a few times and at vet 0 it seems like it has much worse scatter than a HE Sherman. It seemed kind of underwhelming at vet 0 but decent at Vet 2 or better.

Both tanks have an angular scatter of 6, but the Pershing pulls ahead due to having a lower distance scatter (4.2 vs 5.5). Hence the size of the HE-Sherman's scatter cone is roughly 25% larger than that of the Pershing.

AOE Profile (upper panel) and size of scatter area (lower panel) as a function of distance
28 Apr 2020, 08:01 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Apr 2020, 03:47 AMMMX

Both tanks have an angular scatter of 6, but the Pershing pulls ahead due to having a lower distance scatter (4.2 vs 5.5). Hence the size of the HE-Sherman's scatter cone is roughly 25% larger than that of the Pershing.

AOE Profile (upper panel) and size of scatter area (lower panel) as a function of distance

This is exactly what we need in these types of discussions.
The only thing missing is the rate of fire. Here the Sherman wins with 6.175 seconds vs Pershings 7.0 seconds.

So performance wise you trade a 13% higher reload vs ~25% higher scatter area and better AoE.
28 Apr 2020, 12:05 PM

Side note here: The pershing HVAP skill shot is soooooooooooo good.

Its like firefly calliope rockets but costs less and takes slightly longer to fire. Same damage as both rockets hitting.
28 Apr 2020, 15:33 PM

This is exactly what we need in these types of discussions.
The only thing missing is the rate of fire. Here the Sherman wins with 6.175 seconds vs Pershings 7.0 seconds.

So performance wise you trade a 13% vs ~25% higher scatter area and better AoE.

Thanks for doing this. I think the reason why I had the impression that it's worse is because I'd been using it in 4v4's and at longer ranges. At vet 3 it seems to hit part of a squad with each shot so one of its vet bonuses must be accuracy.
28 Apr 2020, 15:57 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Apr 2020, 15:33 PMGrumpy

Thanks for doing this. I think the reason why I had the impression that it's worse is because I'd been using it in 4v4's and at longer ranges. At vet 3 it seems to hit part of a squad with each shot so one of its vet bonuses must be accuracy.

The way the game works, accuracy does not really help vs infantry. The Pershing however gets 30% reload buff at vet 3 which lowers its time between shots to 5,35 seconds.
28 Apr 2020, 16:41 PM

The way the game works, accuracy does not really help vs infantry. The Pershing however gets 30% reload buff at vet 3 which lowers its time between shots to 5,35 seconds.

Additionally Pershing has the combined arms ability in the commander which can help bump up that DPS when you need it most
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★