Login

russian armor

Sweepers in half track's shouldn't detect mines.

6 Apr 2020, 21:42 PM

I'll share a secret with you:

It actually is, because now its this, then its something else and so on until the only viable option that remains is a-move head on.

Its not even tournament breaking stuff that's omnipresent everywhere.
Its literally a single nooblet seeing something on twitch and shat his pants at the sole thought of maybe facing it once in his a-moving career, so he rushed to the forum to remove the bad, unknown thing before it touches him.

Right, are you always so caustic over a video game ? anyways I have played tootsy, everyone knows what hes going to do and yet he does it every game because he knows its absurdly effective and detecting anti vehicle mines while in a moving vehicle is broken regardless if it makes the game boring for you personally,

but I bet you found it much more stimulating when the jagtiger was 2 shotting your shermans behind buildings on city maps.

Balance>"non boring" cheese gameplay.
6 Apr 2020, 21:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Apr 2020, 21:42 PMGGnore

Right, are you always so caustic over a video game ?

Mainly this one.
No need for bile shield when engaging other communities since I don't play MOBAs or FPS.

anyways I have played tootsy, everyone knows what hes going to do and yet he does it every game because he knows its absurdly effective and detecting anti vehicle mines while in a moving vehicle is broken regardless if it makes the game boring for you personally,

but I bet you found it much more stimulating when the jagtiger was 2 shotting your shermans behind buildings on city maps.

Balance>"non boring" cheese gameplay.

So... you're saying here that you played against a player, who always does the same strat, the strat you are fully aware of and have seen on streams/yt more then once and despite all of that failed to anticipate and prepare.... considering the fact that ALL the anticipation and preparation that's needed to hardcounter this strat is... to have mainline infantry on field with at least 25 muni in the bank.... and you blame it on balance?

What makes you believe its a balance issue?
Because to me, you're salty because you've lost a game.
Its ok, this balance forum is 99,9% salty threads after losing a game to something and 0,01% actual balance issues.
7 Apr 2020, 02:11 AM

Mainly this one.
No need for bile shield when engaging other communities since I don't play MOBAs or FPS.

So... you're saying here that you played against a player, who always does the same strat, the strat you are fully aware of and have seen on streams/yt more then once and despite all of that failed to anticipate and prepare.... considering the fact that ALL the anticipation and preparation that's needed to hardcounter this strat is... to have mainline infantry on field with at least 25 muni in the bank.... and you blame it on balance?

What makes you believe its a balance issue?
Because to me, you're salty because you've lost a game.
Its ok, this balance forum is 99,9% salty threads after losing a game to something and 0,01% actual balance issues.

Im saying I have played vs him in the past, I have seen videos of his style before I played him and ive watched replays since and in every single game he does the same thing and it's always effective regardless.

Mines win games, they are a huge part of the game and crucial to protecting your flanks, the turbo zook 9000 bus ignores this crucial gameplay element.
7 Apr 2020, 08:39 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Apr 2020, 02:11 AMGGnore

Im saying I have played vs him in the past, I have seen videos of his style before I played him and ive watched replays since and in every single game he does the same thing and it's always effective regardless.

Mines win games, they are a huge part of the game and crucial to protecting your flanks, the turbo zook 9000 bus ignores this crucial gameplay element.

Mines are also NOT uncounterable perpetum machine that'll always blow up under critical opponents units.

In fact, high tier players rarely fell on them, because they lead their attacks with sweepers.

Exact same case here.

Player was prepared for mines and you didn't relied on anything else, therefore you've lost.
7 Apr 2020, 11:05 AM

I agree, vehicles moving at top speed should not be able to detect mines.

Sweepers should be disabled once loaded half-trucks.
7 Apr 2020, 22:16 PM

TwistedTotsie's games are so much fun to watch but the knowledge that stems from them is simple: good players show especially well which elements in gameplay mechanics are just a bit wrong. The game is great and well balanced - this is just one more detail to polish.

Imo halftracks with zooks/shreck shouldn't be better than tanks or at guns. They shouldn't spot mines and be able to "step on" for free. All the above makes the game too arcade/too far from players' 'realistic' taste.

at least 3-4 elements seem to be broken here in one sort of place:
a) sweepers - should stop working when garissoned (building/halftrack/bunker)
b) 'step on it' shouldn't exist or at least be muni-paid (like blitz)
c) accuracy of shrecks/bazookas should be much lower when garisonned in a halftrack (or in a moving entinty - a parked halftrack could be ok)
d) sweeper should occupy one weapon slot

Generally the intended role of a halftrack should be the support in a sense of additional mg, flame, but also healing, reinforcing, extra vision, some combat bonus aura, etc. not driving around like a crazy shooting platform. Infantry should be more effective after it is unloaded - not shooting from inside.

And food for thought - I would love to see halftracks giving vision, arty support, etc. Such abilities should be moved to halftracks from tanks (Valentine, pz4, tiger). IMO halftrack should provide 'soft' bonuses and those extra abilities (auras) rather than tanks. It would create nice risk/reward mechanics.

7 Apr 2020, 22:22 PM

TwistedTotsie's games are so much fun to watch but the knowledge that stems from them is simple: good players show especially well which elements in gameplay mechanics are just a bit wrong. The game is great and well balanced - this is just one more detail to polish.

Imo halftracks with zooks/shreck shouldn't be better than tanks or at guns. They shouldn't spot mines and be able to "step on" for free. All the above makes the game too arcade/too far from players' 'realistic' taste.

Boy, do I have a surprise for you then

Regarding part 2, if open topped transports were supposed to be used as you claim, they wouldn't allow to shoot ALL weapons from out of them.
But they do, ever since the first game, its as intended mechanic as it can be.
7 Apr 2020, 22:35 PM

Regarding part 2, if open topped transports were supposed to be used as you claim, they wouldn't allow to shoot ALL weapons from out of them.
But they do, ever since the first game, its as intended mechanic as it can be.

Why? They should be able to shoot out of them - they should be just less effective than when standing on the ground. Sometimes it is better to leave a building and shoot as it has too few windows. Halftracks shouldn't be better shooting platforms than buildings (again the 'feel' of the game is lost).

In coh1 there were kangaroos (also a rather specific idea looking at how many squads you could place there).

I just feel that halftracks' in game utility should be their support of 'ground' troops. The number of abilities and upgrades should boost/help surrounding infantry rather than make them more mobile. They should be the nucleus around which infantry units operate - not a lightning speed turbowagen with ridiculous number of infantry entities crammed inside and still shooting better than when fighting on the ground.
7 Apr 2020, 22:36 PM

Boy, do I have a surprise for you then

I don't think anybody expects that. You are a bit too extreme here.
7 Apr 2020, 22:50 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Don't they get the penalties on accuracy when the HT is moving?
7 Apr 2020, 22:53 PM

They do, half the accuracy for everything shooting out of it as long as vehicle moves.
7 Apr 2020, 23:16 PM

That might be the problem - for some reason bazookas and shrecks seem very effective. Maybe when they close in they are still too effective or the players press stop button like with tanks idk. Tootsie should maybe explain :)
8 Apr 2020, 01:57 AM

Mines are also NOT uncounterable perpetum machine that'll always blow up under critical opponents units.

In fact, high tier players rarely fell on them, because they lead their attacks with sweepers.

Exact same case here.

Player was prepared for mines and you didn't relied on anything else, therefore you've lost.

Mines protect your flanks or at least slow down the advancing enemy forcing them to clear them or keep a sweeper nearby to keep them revealed, detecting mines while moving unravels both of those unique coh2 complexities and is bad both for balance and unit variety while dumbing down the game by giving you a unit that has too much combat value relative to its utility much like the soviet and ost halftracks losing the ability to reinforce when upgraded.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS