Login

russian armor

Sweepers in half track's shouldn't detect mines.

3 Apr 2020, 18:40 PM

Pretty self explanatory, it makes no sense even for a video game and causes balance issues when engineer units can equip sweepers as well as double at weaponry in half tracks that reach f1 Ferrari speeds with step on it.

*Meant to put detect not clear mines in title*
3 Apr 2020, 18:51 PM

Units in open topped transports can use their weapons.
Sweeper is just another "weapon".

And they can't clear mines in vehicles, just detect them.

Also, you're complaining about something that can be stopped by a SINGLE faust.
3 Apr 2020, 18:56 PM

Units in open topped transports can use their weapons.
Sweeper is just another "weapon".

And they can't clear mines in vehicles, just detect them.

Also, you're complaining about something that can be stopped by a SINGLE faust.

yeah i meant detect ill change the title, if its classified as a weapon does that mean it cant be changed without affecting all weapons fired from half tracks ?
3 Apr 2020, 19:06 PM

Likely not, its just another regular garrison, just this one moves.
Ost can do the exact same thing with 250.
3 Apr 2020, 21:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Apr 2020, 18:40 PMGGnore
Pretty self explanatory, it makes no sense even for a video game and causes balance issues when engineer units can equip sweepers as well as double at weaponry in half tracks that reach f1 Ferrari speeds with step on it.

*Meant to put detect not clear mines in title*

I sympathize, and there are a good few weapons that should not be possible to fire out of a halftrack (Panzershreks and Bazookas with backblast) but the last thing non-upgraded halftracks need right now are nerfs imo, given how flimsy and off-meta they already are.
3 Apr 2020, 22:03 PM

I sympathize, and there are a good few weapons that should not be possible to fire out of a halftrack (Panzershreks and Bazookas with backblast) but the last thing non-upgraded halftracks need right now are nerfs imo, given how flimsy and off-meta they already are.

I know it's technically impossible to fire a panzershrek from an enclosed position, don't read the fucking manual next time and you won't care so much!
3 Apr 2020, 22:28 PM

Better give negative clear-speed if suppressed. That is something needed since years.
4 Apr 2020, 00:32 AM

Better give negative clear-speed if suppressed. That is something needed since years.

Negative clear speed?.... So when they are suppressed they lay mines....?
4 Apr 2020, 01:07 AM

The only problem with this is the Tootsy strat in which he can put a double zook RE with a sweeper in a halftrack and then not hit Tellers or Schu mines. Although I think the problem stems from sweeper not taking up a weapon slot on RE's allowing them to upgrade 2x Zooks and still carry the sweeper. Although with Special Weapons seeing buffs next patch maybe the Brit M5 might see some usage in this manor as well with Royal Engineers being the same as Echelons.
4 Apr 2020, 02:09 AM

The only problem with this is the Tootsy strat in which he can put a double zook RE with a sweeper in a halftrack and then not hit Tellers or Schu mines. Although I think the problem stems from sweeper not taking up a weapon slot on RE's allowing them to upgrade 2x Zooks and still carry the sweeper. Although with Special Weapons seeing buffs next patch maybe the Brit M5 might see some usage in this manor as well with Royal Engineers being the same as Echelons.

Yeah I agree with you but I doubt anyone will take away the usf/uk pios ability to get both since its one of their "features" since release like nearly all american tanks/inf having 75% of their accuracy while moving compared to the standard 50%
4 Apr 2020, 06:24 AM

anoterh case of "i couldnt find countermeasures against a unit with no combat value so i immediately start a balance thread"
4 Apr 2020, 06:58 AM

Echelon just shouldnt be able to equip sweeper and 2x zooks. Its wild that you cant do flamers and sweeper on pios/CEs, but 2x zook REs which get a 5th man with vet can still get a sweeper

Same goes for Royal Engies and piats. A sweeper should lock out any other upgrade
4 Apr 2020, 07:26 AM

Echelon just shouldnt be able to equip sweeper and 2x zooks. Its wild that you cant do flamers and sweeper on pios/CEs, but 2x zook REs which get a 5th man with vet can still get a sweeper

Same goes for Royal Engies and piats. A sweeper should lock out any other upgrade

It should just take a weapon slot. I don't think it needs to take up both slots.
4 Apr 2020, 07:56 AM

Weapon racks were a bad idea in the first place.

Can just imagine unit of cooks, typists, grave diggers - whatever - asking army supply officer for two bazookas. Yeah right.

Royal Engies are sort of forced to take PIATs since Tommies are absolutely garbage with them thanks to the out of cover debuff on the reload time.
4 Apr 2020, 08:25 AM

Negative clear speed?.... So when they are suppressed they lay mines....?

Something difficult to understand? That they should need longer to clear mines if they are suppressed.

I thing they also clear mines if the get suppressed red, if they started clearing.
4 Apr 2020, 08:36 AM

Weapon racks were a bad idea in the first place.

Can just imagine unit of cooks, typists, grave diggers - whatever - asking army supply officer for two bazookas. Yeah right.

If you are going to argue like that, then it's better to just keep the weapon racks and re-name RE troops into something like engineers. No faction needs units to cook food or dig graves in this game anyway.
4 Apr 2020, 08:44 AM

If you are going to argue like that, then it's better to just keep the weapon racks and re-name RE troops into something like engineers. No faction needs units to cook food or dig graves in this game anyway.

Nah, I'm not saying to get rid of them. We are wayyyy to deep into CoH2's life cycle as a game for such drastic changes. I just think it's a lesson to be learned for CoH3, if that ever comes.

Also, seeing RE spam work in this game every one time out of twenty is funny to me, and I wouldn't wish that to be removed for something as silly as realism in a game that has already dropped that ball.
4 Apr 2020, 08:49 AM

Tbh if someone has the foresight to put a sweeper unit in their HT to support a push then they deserve to benefit from it.

4 Apr 2020, 08:51 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Apr 2020, 08:49 AMGrim
Tbh if someone has the foresight to put a sweeper unit in their HT to support a push then they deserve to benefit from it.

Aaand /thread.

Stop being salty because opponent got a better idea then you did.
4 Apr 2020, 15:44 PM

It should just take a weapon slot. I don't think it needs to take up both slots.

I didn't say it should take up both slots i said it should lock out any upgrade

When you purchase a flamer or seeeper on CEs/pios it locks out any other upgrade, but they still have a weapon slot if they find a dropped weapon
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 26
Germany 1
Germany 644
unknown 0

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %