Login

russian armor

Pak Howitzer fix idea

13 Mar 2020, 06:32 AM

To fix the howitzer , i would get rid of autofire and add a new ability called close fire support

Close fire support
The howitzer will fire at what a designated officer squad(captain, Lt, major) is engaging for 20 seconds. With the shots being more accurate as time passes.
50 munition.
So you will have to designate a squad for 50muni and it the howitzer would shoot at whatever the officers are shooting qt.

I was thinking of this as it replicates how american artillery works during WW2, makes the officer more than just a glorified riflemen squad and requires more micro and isnt as cancer as autofire.
13 Mar 2020, 07:45 AM

No not required. Pack howie is good where it is at.
13 Mar 2020, 16:47 PM

Neat idea but not necessary for the oak howi. HOWEVER this idea tied to the mortar pit and a Pyro Tommie would be fantastic...
13 Mar 2020, 17:32 PM

OP clearly wasn't around for the "Pak Howies don't autoface to attack targets" patch that everybody just loved and adored (heavy sarcasm). Pak howies just need their damage or Aoe toned down and maybe have scatter/cost etc. tweaked to compensate. I don't want an ISG clone but I feel like they are just far too lethal now but adding a micro tax dependent on specific units to using them will just remove them from the game entirely
13 Mar 2020, 18:03 PM

Probably far too much work to implement, if its even possible.

Really, the Pak/Scott just need to be adjusted so that their auto-fire actually matches the amount of 'effort' the user is putting in. Right now, two of either unit left entirely alone forces an OST player to play at 5,000 APM.
13 Mar 2020, 18:07 PM

Pak Howi and Scott both need an AOE damage reduce.
13 Mar 2020, 18:12 PM

The unit is definitely over-performing against individual infantry squads and I see it virtually every game I play featuring USF in 4v4.
13 Mar 2020, 18:15 PM

Not sure about that ability but something needs done, the damage and accuracy it has are both just too much
13 Mar 2020, 18:26 PM

Probably far too much work to implement, if its even possible.

Really, the Pak/Scott just need to be adjusted so that their auto-fire actually matches the amount of 'effort' the user is putting in. Right now, two of either unit left entirely alone forces an OST player to play at 5,000 APM.

Or the can simply follow my suggestion move PH to Major and Scott to doctrine.
13 Mar 2020, 18:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Mar 2020, 07:45 AMSumi
Pack howie is good where it is at.

- no one, ever :snfPeter:
13 Mar 2020, 18:37 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Mar 2020, 18:26 PMVipper
Or the can simply follow my suggestion move PH to Major and Scott to doctrine.

That doesn't really address the problem, it just delays/hides it. Double PH and double scotts will still be available, and will still impose an absurd micro-tax on OST players for relatively little micro on the USF player's side.

13 Mar 2020, 19:18 PM
Developer Relic Badge

If I had the chance to modify the pack howitzer, it would be to remove its auto fire and focus on barrages. It'd still be reliable if barraging, but be vulnerable to mobile forces and require you pay attention to where the howizters are and add micro for the best use.

M8 Scotts -which are no part of this topic- I would first adjust their AOE and greatly lower their OHK radius, especially on auto fire then figure out how to make its regular barrage more useful at dislodging people.
13 Mar 2020, 19:24 PM

That doesn't really address the problem, it just delays/hides it.

It does since by that time Ostheer can counter it

Double PH and double scotts will still be available, and will still impose an absurd micro-tax on OST players for relatively little micro on the USF player's side.

Double PH would be allot less efficient and would require allot more micro.

Scott would at least be restricted to specific commanders so if the rest of the abilities where not great it would be a trade of.
13 Mar 2020, 19:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Mar 2020, 19:24 PMVipper

It does since by that time Ostheer can counter it

Double PH would be allot less efficient and would require allot more micro.

Scott would at least be restricted to specific commanders so if the rest of the abilities where not great it would be a trade of.

You didn't list any stat changes, so double PH would be exactly the same; just a bit later. However, timing doesn't matter too much, since the PH's impact is exactly the same at all times; it forces units to move, or be wiped exceedingly quickly. This pretty much hard-counters OST's entire design.

The scott depends on what the command point requirement would be; my guess is it would be around 5, like the StuG-E, which really wouldn't change anything.

13 Mar 2020, 20:04 PM

Maybe make the OKW ISG have Pack Howie accuracy and aoe and then see how much screaming comes up for nerfs...ROFL. Betcha there'll be walls of ideas on how to deal with it xD
13 Mar 2020, 20:10 PM

It shouldn't be a braindead, leave on auto-fire wipe machine.
13 Mar 2020, 20:24 PM

You didn't list any stat changes, so double PH would be exactly the same; just a bit later. However, timing doesn't matter too much,

Timing is essential. That was proven by many examples some of them most recent ones being when JLI was moved from CP 2 to CP 1 and Fall from 3 to 2.
13 Mar 2020, 20:40 PM

If I had the chance to modify the pack howitzer, it would be to remove its auto fire and focus on barrages. It'd still be reliable if barraging, but be vulnerable to mobile forces and require you pay attention to where the howizters are and add micro for the best use.

M8 Scotts -which are no part of this topic- I would first adjust their AOE and greatly lower their OHK radius, especially on auto fire then figure out how to make its regular barrage more useful at dislodging people.

+1 do that. ;DD

Also leIG18 needs some changes. It is so a no-brainer... make it more like Zis3, it was used as AT-gun and Arty.

13 Mar 2020, 20:54 PM

+1 do that. ;DD

Also leIG18 needs some changes. It is so a no-brainer... make it more like Zis3, it was used as AT-gun and Arty.

the only scenario where your LeIg change would not be broken as all fck is if the anti tank mode would be way weaker than shown in the video and also without homing missiles lol
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 85
unknown 14

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment