Login

russian armor

Bren vs vickers

9 Mar 2020, 18:16 PM

Point is, if you want a strong lmg squads as ukf, then pick one of the 3 doctrines with commandos. A commando squad with double brens performs better than double vickers tommies or triple vickers sappers, while also being cheaper.
The vickers drop is best used for supporting your teammates, especially soviets.
10 Mar 2020, 06:31 AM

Vickers is Bren before Nerf to Current Bren
10 Mar 2020, 07:32 AM

Slight side tangent but why the hell did they change it so that you need to tech weapon racks to use the M3 weapon drop. So good man that you get to pay even MORE fuel for a slightly better LMG that you can't even use anymore after your M3 eventually gets dived...

The doctrine was nerfed when it was flavor of the month meta. It was only meta due to axis LV tearing Brits a new one because they lacked snares on sapper back then.

So they nerfed AT Tommies, the weapon drop HT by adding tech requirement and nerfed croc a patch or two later. Meanwhile the defensive ability is still bugged and could probably be swapped with something more useful if it can't be fixed. (Land mattress?)

Now the doctrine kind of sucks, left in the mediocre nerfbin alongside ostheer mobile defense.

10 Mar 2020, 15:54 PM

The doctrine was nerfed when it was flavor of the month meta. It was only meta due to axis LV tearing Brits a new one because they lacked snares on sapper back then.

So they nerfed AT Tommies, the weapon drop HT by adding tech requirement and nerfed croc a patch or two later. Meanwhile the defensive ability is still bugged and could probably be swapped with something more useful if it can't be fixed. (Land mattress?)

Now the doctrine kind of sucks, left in the mediocre nerfbin alongside ostheer mobile defense.

Land Mattress would actually be thematic fit as a "special weapon". Regardless I feel like something else that isn't a munitions hog needs to go into that Commander slot since munitions are going to get dumped into weapon drops and the Conc. Arty you would think.
10 Mar 2020, 19:51 PM
Donator 22

is there a super team combo that anybody uses,
like,
using vickers to equip all conscripts?
10 Mar 2020, 20:59 PM

Point is, if you want a strong lmg squads as ukf, then pick one of the 3 doctrines with commandos. A commando squad with double brens performs better than double vickers tommies or triple vickers sappers, while also being cheaper.
The vickers drop is best used for supporting your teammates, especially soviets.

like,

tbh the only good combo I can think of is penals + vickers, since giving cons any weapons cancels the very strong "mobilise reserves" upgrade. Mayyybe could work with USF's pathfinders, since they're long range units. Anyway, I'm glad that you guys answered my question and even gave me a few tips, I really appreciate it!
10 Mar 2020, 21:01 PM

like,

I would immediately begin to annoy my friends to start a team just for this lmao
10 Mar 2020, 21:02 PM

like,

Actually, there was.

That's one single reason why Cons can no longer equip 2 weapons....

You have to get by using dual LMG penals, but they cope somehow.

And now that you mention it....
I just had an idea for a strat, you know, back then UKF basically sacrificed upgrades for tommies to equip cons, which wasn't all that amazing for brit player, however now, with airborne, sov can GIVE muni to UKF for these LMGs, so it might be a really neat idea to do so as sov basically pays for LMGs and brit does not give up anything themselves.
10 Mar 2020, 21:57 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I can imagine Guards losing PTRS and equipping 4 LMGs.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★