Login

russian armor

About Heavy Tanks

10 Mar 2020, 10:31 AM

Heavy tanks are already too powerful against medium armour for their cost. If we made them as you suggest, they'd need a hefty price increase too.
10 Mar 2020, 10:41 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Mar 2020, 10:31 AMLago
Heavy tanks are already too powerful against medium armour for their cost. If we made them as you suggest, they'd need a hefty price increase too.

Yes you are right about that, we can componsate that with high resources requirement or high cp.
maybe its makes them some kind of "hero" units with less right click with more utilies and more baby sitting.

Giving rear armor penalty with dmg engine and stuff also makes dangerous for losing tank to enemy hands (with decrew content) I dont know just brain storming.
10 Mar 2020, 10:46 AM

Yes you are right about that, we can componsate that with high resources requirement or high cp.
maybe its makes them some kind of "hero" units with less right click with more utilies and more baby sitting.

Giving rear armor penalty with dmg engine and stuff also makes dangerous for losing tank to enemy hands (with decrew content) I dont know just brain storming.

I think, if the AoE nerfs work out, they'll be fine. The best designed heavy in the game right now is the Comet.

Trying to make these in game-defining hero units is how they went wrong: they work best as slow, tough, 200ish FU tanks that are balanced well against medium armour.
10 Mar 2020, 10:48 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Mar 2020, 10:46 AMLago

I think, if the AoE nerfs work out, they'll be fine. The best designed heavy in the game right now is the Comet.

Trying to make these in game-defining hero units is how they went wrong: they work best as slow, tough, 200ish FU tanks that are balanced well against medium armour.

Yes In my opinion we can try something like what I proposed earlier but u are not wrong..
10 Mar 2020, 11:00 AM

Yes In my opinion we can try something like what I proposed earlier but u are not wrong..

Honestly, I'd do something like cut the Tiger's armour down to 280, its health down to 960, give its main gun anti-infantry performance like the Comet, and cut it to 200 FU. Maybe even raise the cap from one on the field to two.

The Panther and the Comet are the model heavies in my opinion.
10 Mar 2020, 11:39 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Mar 2020, 11:00 AMLago

Honestly, I'd do something like cut the Tiger's armour down to 280, its health down to 960, give its main gun anti-infantry performance like the Comet, and cut it to 200 FU. Maybe even raise the cap from one on the field to two.

The Panther and the Comet are the model heavies in my opinion.

I dont encounter too much with comet in team games only rare, mostly IS/bren and firefly so I really dont now latest situation with comet and only faction didnt play with because did'nt bought ..If I understand what your try to say correctly, Nerfing the Cannon and buffing mgs is againts AI can be really proper way to balance the heavies I think, but lowering armor is not the good idea. Allied Ranged high dmg and penetration TD's will give hard time to tiger. If we bufff the speed MAaaaybe I can accept that is proper..ish I dunno

10 Mar 2020, 11:52 AM

I dont encounter too much with comet in team games only rare, mostly IS/bren and firefly so I really dont now latest situation with comet and only faction didnt play with because did'nt bought ..If I understand what your try to say correctly, Nerfing the Cannon and buffing mgs is againts AI can be really proper way to balance the heavies I think, but lowering armor is not the good idea. Allied Ranged high dmg and penetration TD's will give hard time to tiger. If we bufff the speed MAaaaybe I can accept that is proper..ish I dunno

Tank destroyers will rip through heavy generalists armour or not: that's what tank destroyers are for.

Rebalancing heavies around the Panther and Comet would make them substantially cheaper, which in turn would mean fewer tank destroyers per heavy tank. From a certain perspective, it'd be a buff vs TDs.
10 Mar 2020, 12:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Mar 2020, 11:52 AMLago

Tank destroyers will rip through heavy generalists armour or not: that's what tank destroyers are for.

but this is COH , Yes TD's job is that but There gonna lots of abusive stuff going to happen :thumb:

But Yeah Cheaper and more than one Heavy can be good with stabilized stats...
10 Mar 2020, 12:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Mar 2020, 11:00 AMLago

Why stop there? I believe this should also entail a reduction to 185 fuel, 18 population and further nerfs to reload speed.

Hmmmmm this sounds familiar...
10 Mar 2020, 12:50 PM

Why stop there? I believe this should also entail a reduction to 185 fuel, 18 population and further nerfs to reload speed.

Hmmmmm this sounds familiar...

185's probably too far. A six hit, high armour premium med is about the point I'd aim for.
10 Mar 2020, 22:54 PM

I would like to request to have the Command Panther no longer auto-lockout the KT upon entering the field. Between the -extreme- fuel costs of getting two and the 260 armor Panther, it's time to bring the duo back imho.
10 Mar 2020, 23:46 PM

I would like to request to have the Command Panther no longer auto-lockout the KT upon entering the field. Between the -extreme- fuel costs of getting two and the 260 armor Panther, it's time to bring the duo back imho.

KT 2 shooting mediums?
I see nothing imbalanced with that. :snfPeter:
11 Mar 2020, 00:44 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Mar 2020, 23:46 PMKatitof

KT 2 shooting mediums?

You would be short 40dmg but yeah.

The bonus is no longer 50%.

This reminds me of the old heavy cheese.

JPIV vet 5: 400dmg
Mark vehicle: 600dmg
Heat shells: 780dmg.

11 Mar 2020, 13:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Mar 2020, 23:46 PMKatitof

KT 2 shooting mediums?

It is as elchino7 says.

Mind you, KT could still 3-shot mediums in all situations 3*240=720HP. KT + CoordFire + Commanther can still be used by teammates to achieve the same 600 dmg combo as well.okwokw

Now sure, I don't particularly fancy facing vet IV KT(s) with >60 sight range (spearhead+view aura), Tiger fire rate, 50 range, and the mobility of a fat med , but you kinda deserve to lose if they have all that stuff. There's enough MP and FU to make a TD horde, nvm the xp required to get that far.

You would be short 40dmg but yeah.

The bonus is no longer 50%.

This reminds me of the old heavy cheese.

JPIV vet 5: 400dmg
Mark vehicle: 600dmg
Heat shells: 780dmg.

Tbh I was never a fan of that OP combo and I'm glad it's been nerfed.

Does the Command Panther aura apply to other axis players now? I keep seeing the aura icon pop up on friendly tanks but it was nerfed back in 2016 or something. Reverted?

11 Mar 2020, 15:15 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

It is as elchino7 says.

Mind you, KT could still 3-shot mediums in all situations 3*240=720HP. KT + CoordFire + Commanther can still be used by teammates to achieve the same 600 dmg combo as well.okwokw

Now sure, I don't particularly fancy facing vet IV KT(s) with >60 sight range (spearhead+view aura), Tiger fire rate, 50 range, and the mobility of a fat med , but you kinda deserve to lose if they have all that stuff. There's enough MP and FU to make a TD horde, nvm the xp required to get that far.

Tbh I was never a fan of that OP combo and I'm glad it's been nerfed.

Does the Command Panther aura apply to other axis players now? I keep seeing the aura icon pop up on friendly tanks but it was nerfed back in 2016 or something. Reverted?

https://www.coh2.org/guides/88945/the-coh2-ability-guide-mark-2-0#2663

Aura

+range, +sight, +speed bonuses removed from infantry-affecting bonus of the aura (Vet5 aura still awards +accuracy/+reload to infantry)
+sight/+range parts of vehicle-affecting aura no longer affect teammates
Vet 5 infantry-affecting aura no longer affects teammates

So you can still get speed, acceleration, reload and accuracy.
11 Mar 2020, 15:21 PM

OKW Tiger is more OP than Ostheer. The OKW Tiger is in the best doctrine with recon, panzer commanders, & G43/shrek PanzerFuz.
11 Mar 2020, 16:39 PM

https://www.coh2.org/guides/88945/the-coh2-ability-guide-mark-2-0#2663

Aura

+range, +sight, +speed bonuses removed from infantry-affecting bonus of the aura (Vet5 aura still awards +accuracy/+reload to infantry)
+sight/+range parts of vehicle-affecting aura no longer affect teammates
Vet 5 infantry-affecting aura no longer affects teammates

So you can still get speed, acceleration, reload and accuracy.

Thanks, wasn't aware that guide is up-to-date. Think a few things don't line up with the in-game vet descriptions like spearhead's speed though.

Still very potent either way but not outrageous B-)
edo
17 Mar 2020, 18:17 PM

axis tanks defiantly need a buff, king tiger has a too short range of fire and can be shot from any tank easily, it's really too slow and it's aim it's also awful and needs to be improved.
Panther also needs a buff since a comet is much more cost efficient and deals more damage both against vehicles and infantry for the exactly same cost
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★