Login

russian armor

About Heavy Tanks

7 Mar 2020, 07:45 AM

Its bizarre situation when Tiger or IS hits the field in team games and take couple of shots from long range TD's and flee back to repair. Lacking long range fight capability is making irrelevant to build any heavies if there is not any shot blockers.

Buffing At capabilities againts mediums more and givin casting abilities for Anti infantry power etc...

Why we are not try something like that?

Also wiping Infantry with high aoe attacks can be ridiculous sometime, Why just not give them kind of machine gun buff and nerf the gun dmg or just giving them casting machine gun power(supress,etc) or toggling AI shots for mun with RNG...

Or.. its just a wild idea that giving really big armor and gun buff againts Armor to heavies but making them snare friendly and with damaged engine crew may killed easly with close range inf.

I dont know just a thought.

7 Mar 2020, 09:06 AM

Is2 is in good spot with nerf armor.
Tiger on the other hand, need to nerf its insane rof vet. Machine gunner tiger is op af
7 Mar 2020, 09:24 AM

So.... get elephant/JT instead?
Also how do you want to buff Tigers AT vs meds?
It penns them all 100% of the time and has fastest reload of all heavies while outranging all meds from get go.
8 Mar 2020, 10:21 AM

So.... get elephant/JT instead?
Also how do you want to buff Tigers AT vs meds?
It penns them all 100% of the time and has fastest reload of all heavies while outranging all meds from get go.

Damage increase would be good? Its strange when see tiger struggle to kill jackson or sherman with his cannon I mean not fast and rewarding enough in team games. 1v1 its ok ( 1v1 need to have different balance dynamics then team games anyway)

Tiger shots one and gets shots couple times and flee back then long Rep time...
8 Mar 2020, 10:23 AM

Ah, so that's a troll thread after all.
Unless you really are THAT delusional.
8 Mar 2020, 10:23 AM

Ah, so that's a troll thread after all.
Unless you really are THAT delusional.

Why ? because u dont like the idea ?
8 Mar 2020, 10:25 AM

No, because it calls for something completely unrealistic and frankly, insane, in contrast to game mechanics and balance.
8 Mar 2020, 10:27 AM

No, because it calls for something completely unrealistic and frankly, insane, in contrast to game mechanics and balance.

If we gonna talk about realism 88 mm gun can rip apart any allied armor so I think we should stay out of that.
8 Mar 2020, 10:30 AM

Am I being trolled hardcore now?
Or you genuinely don't have a clue what I have written and how to translate that to your language?

These are comas, not dots.
You're supposed to read whole sentence, not ignore everything after a coma.
8 Mar 2020, 10:32 AM

Its bizarre situation when Tiger or IS hits the field in team games and take couple of shots from long range TD's and flee back to repair.

Infantry is irrelevant. A few aoe weapon shots and some infantry fire and they have to flee back fo base to repair. Pointless to build infantry unless there’s green cover everywhere on your side of the map and red on the opponent’s.
8 Mar 2020, 10:39 AM

Am I being trolled hardcore now?
Or you genuinely don't have a clue what I have written and how to translate that to your language?

These are comas, not dots.
You're supposed to read whole sentence, not ignore everything after a coma.

+1

just dont like the way in this games TD mechanics and try to come up with the solution. Thinking loud nothing more.
edo
8 Mar 2020, 11:08 AM

Is2 is in good spot with nerf armor.
Tiger on the other hand, need to nerf its insane rof vet. Machine gunner tiger is op af

tiger is fine so as it is, it's mg it's not OP
8 Mar 2020, 13:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Mar 2020, 11:08 AMedo

tiger is fine so as it is, it's mg it's not OP

I meant its main gun fires like an mg, after vet up. Lol

As much hate as a 375 armor is2 gets, a tiger can kill off is2 head to head, because it fires so much faster. Tiger > is2 > pershing. And ost players still crying about somethings..

That's why tiger is getting some nerf, and i think its insane rof bonus should be next to go.
8 Mar 2020, 14:29 PM

I meant its main gun fires like an mg, after vet up. Lol

As much hate as a 375 armor is2 gets, a tiger can kill off is2 head to head, because it fires so much faster. Tiger > is2 > pershing. And ost players still crying about somethings..

That's why tiger is getting some nerf, and i think its insane rof bonus should be next to go.

In team games that rate of fire is irrelevant againts TD spam.
8 Mar 2020, 16:02 PM

Td spam don't work in 4v4. Try fighting 3 panthers with 3 jackson.
8 Mar 2020, 18:52 PM

If we gonna talk about realism 88 mm gun can rip apart any allied armor so I think we should stay out of that.

If we want to talk realism, the 90mm M3 on the M26 and M36 is basically equivalent to the 88mm KwK36 on the Tiger I anyway.
8 Mar 2020, 22:05 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

+1

just dont like the way in this games TD mechanics and try to come up with the solution. Thinking loud nothing more.

Don't mind too much about some users that have replied to this thread, many are just trolling.

I don't know which size of games you talk about. Balance mostly refers to 1v1 and 2v2. Larger modes are hard to balance since they mostly rely on the skill of your random mates and just blobbing at the right time. Many of the cores game mechanics don't work properly (flanking becomes more and more irrelevant since the unit density increases extremely) and arty fares way better the larger the mode is.

Balancing according to team games is therefore hard to do, you either screw small or large game modes. Small modes however are less prone to RNG and fit the games overall design better, so that's why balance team usually only uses 1v1 and 2v2 as a reference.

There are very few tweaks that you can do to adjust team games without altering the balance in small modes too much (mostly pop cost adjustments), but I doubt that this would "fix" the Tiger.
9 Mar 2020, 02:50 AM

In team games that rate of fire is irrelevant againts TD spam.

get an elephant. That thing slaughters TDs in teamgames.
9 Mar 2020, 02:53 AM

If you want to talk realism, the soviets should have near unlimited man power, Allied tanks would cost 20 fuel or smth and USF would have unlimited munitions. So lets not talk about realism shall we?
10 Mar 2020, 10:15 AM

Don't mind too much about some users that have replied to this thread, many are just trolling.

I don't know which size of games you talk about. Balance mostly refers to 1v1 and 2v2. Larger modes are hard to balance since they mostly rely on the skill of your random mates and just blobbing at the right time. Many of the cores game mechanics don't work properly (flanking becomes more and more irrelevant since the unit density increases extremely) and arty fares way better the larger the mode is.

Balancing according to team games is therefore hard to do, you either screw small or large game modes. Small modes however are less prone to RNG and fit the games overall design better, so that's why balance team usually only uses 1v1 and 2v2 as a reference.

There are very few tweaks that you can do to adjust team games without altering the balance in small modes too much (mostly pop cost adjustments), but I doubt that this would "fix" the Tiger.

Yes I figured that out at the end and just ignored them but thank you for sharing your opinion.
In regards of balance I always thought about same way, using benchmark for 1v1 and 2v2 and now I see it happens that way.

Flanking and the other systems actually that details that makes coh is coh but its shame that they re irrelevant at the current position of the game like u said.

The problem I mentioned not just for tiger actually , it s for all heavies but thats right about 3v3 4v4 .

If different balance system used for all game modes individually it will give balance team lotta work but maybe solve things at the end.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★