Login

russian armor

Tactical support regiment is really no good

29 Feb 2020, 10:20 AM

I know this commander can be all right but in my opinion is by far the most ineffective commander out there including the eastern front armies. I have used this commander excessively and these are my thought and I cannot find a reason to use him.

Recovery sappers 1cp: Bring extra utility to the table(salvage, smoke grenade, stock mine sweeper)only being 20mp more.

Designated command vehicle 2cp 75muni: Very large buffs to effected units but heavily nerfs the designated vehicle. Good for 3v3 and 4v4 maybe alright for 2v2 but not practical for 1v1.

Air supply operation 2cp 125mp/80muni: Mortar is nice but you will use this ability once then you will never use it again.

Churchill Croc 9cp (soon 13cp, I have played the preview): Decent unit. The proposed timing nerf however, its going to be a nearly dead unit. Infantry base heavy tanks especially the croc will be far more effected by the changes than all rounders due to the fact tanks will have a far greater presents being their weakness. Same armour as the comet and less health than the Churchill (and being slower) I do not see this as a 640mp/230fuel unit.

Forward observation post 10cp 250mp/30fuel-(100mp/10fuel forward assembly upgrade): You get a whole host of really abilities (Iv used them all,go figure for yourself). Becomes a reinforcement point and has really good range.

The problem is, it stands out like a beacon like please arty here. Munition heavy (but the ability's are good). The timing is horrific being 10 cps 2cps after heavy artillery can be fielded. Cost 250mp and 30 fuel to place on a building if one is still standing (well, it wont be for long) or 100mp and 10 fuel to upgrade a forward assembly (can be done with retreat point).

Again just become number 1 target, I believe a single stuka will kill a forward assembly. While its range is great, still dosnt save it from artillery as it still need to be close enough to be effective.

Probably one of the worse if not the worse ability in the game.

I like to include a solution but I really don't know what can be done or improved. Thoughts?
29 Feb 2020, 10:25 AM

Croc should be 10 cp at most.
29 Feb 2020, 11:03 AM

Recovery sappers 1cp:
A decent ability

Air supply operation 2cp 125mp/80muni:
decent ability, superior to similar abilities

Designated command vehicle 2cp 75muni:
Great ability especially compared to similar abilities

Churchill Croc 9cp :
inferior to other Super heavies

Forward observation post 10cp 250mp/30fuel:
A badly designed ability as I had pointed out in preview since it simply comes too late.

Suggestions:
Croc
should be is inferior to current super heavy I am not sure with nerf to AOE.

In addition all flame weapon vehicles have DOT removed and DPS adjusted. DOT becomes either a timed ability or a "skill" shot similar to grenade.

Could become a bit cheaper or arrive earlier than in preview.

Forward observation
complete redesign of the ability. Available from CP 2-0.

Forward assembly now has 20 extra sight range and 20 extra range in barrage as passive. Can now call in a reckon plane.

Ambient building can be FO requires t2 (maybe AEC/Boffors or t3) unlock. Provides the same bonuses as FA. Extra sight/reinforcement can now call in a single strafe.

Air supply operation
Medic kit for all faction can now be loaded to HT and WC.

Designated command vehicle
all auras scale with veterancy (C. Panther style) and are broken to 2 part. A passive part with minor bonus and time one with more bonuses.
29 Feb 2020, 11:40 AM

It's definitely a decent commander but I personally would like it more if the air resupply operation once again dropped a vickers and an AT gun. A small mortar is only really useful on urban maps, but there is way better urban map doctrines than tac support.
29 Feb 2020, 11:43 AM

It's definitely a decent commander but I personally would like it more if the air resupply operation once again dropped a vickers and an AT gun. A small mortar is only really useful on urban maps, but there is way better urban map doctrines than tac support.

What would be the point of vickers air drop, that is available from T0?
29 Feb 2020, 11:53 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Feb 2020, 11:03 AMVipper

Suggestions:
Croc
should be is inferior to current super heavy I am not sure with nerf to AOE.

In addition all flame weapon vehicles have DOT removed and DPS adjusted. DOT becomes either a timed ability or a "skill" shot similar to grenade.

Could become a bit cheaper or arrive earlier than in preview.

Forward observation
complete redesign of the ability. Available from CP 2-0.

Forward assembly now has 20 extra sight range and 20 extra range in barrage as passive. Can now call in a reckon plane.

Ambient building can be FO requires t2 (maybe AEC/Boffors or t3) unlock. Provides the same bonuses as FA. Extra sight/reinforcement can now call in a single strafe.

Air supply operation
Medic kit for all faction can now be loaded to HT and WC.

Designated command vehicle
all auras scale with veterancy (C. Panther style) and are broken to 2 part. A passive part with minor bonus and time one with more bonuses.

Recovery sappers are fine, I think maybe come 5 men? No big drama if they don't.

Forward assembly I dont know how it would be addressed. The abilities are powerful but may perhaps be balanced by their munition cost? They are high. I just dont want it to become another forward hq, dont really see the point in it other than being activated immediately.

Air supply operation; it just seems unnecessary like you could do without it so any changes would be good. If you were able to drop only medic crates for somewhat 60 muni and keep the buffs infantry receive, be handy at all stages of the game.

Command vehicle is the most valuable ability but I dont think it needs any adjustments in my view as i have already explained.

Edit: the croc should at less have higher top speed, at 3.8 (same as king tiger, normal Churchill is 4 and avre is 3.9) combined with low Armour it cannot escape almost anything.

29 Feb 2020, 12:56 PM

Edit: the croc should at less have higher top speed, at 3.8 (same as king tiger, normal Churchill is 4 and avre is 3.9) combined with low Armour it cannot escape almost anything.

Churchill's issue has more to do with crazy high acceleration and rotation and not with the top speed.
29 Feb 2020, 13:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Feb 2020, 11:43 AMVipper

What would be the point of vickers air drop, that is available from T0?

In many games you dont necessarily need a super early vickers. Multiple sections with UC and sapper support are enough to wait until 2 cps so then u can drop it directly to the frontline. very useful on large maps with long retreat paths
29 Feb 2020, 13:50 PM

In many games you dont necessarily need a super early vickers. Multiple sections with UC and sapper support are enough to wait until 2 cps so then u can drop it directly to the frontline. very useful on large maps with long retreat paths

Personally I prefer the mortar but that is my personal preference.
29 Feb 2020, 15:09 PM

It's an ok team game Commander, not all doctrines are suited for 1vs1.

Recovery sappers are good when you are floating muni for piats in 4vs4 and dealing with the teller spam, the command post while vulnerable can be good if you hide it behind a treeline or building somewhere. Command vehicle while it makes your tank useless and is bugged on the AEC, gives some extra punch to tanks to deal with enemy heavies. (Treat your command vehicle like you did with old vcoh command crom to buff reload, protect and baby it with micro and it will pay off).

The mortar call in should be 0 command points. Brits need building clearance sooner than later.

Crocodile is a crocodile, it's not as good as other heavies at the same timing but it can still punish AT guns.
29 Feb 2020, 17:45 PM

As someone mention above, make air resupply operation cheaper and only drop med creat. It will become very handy throughout the game. The ability also provide a short global sprint and faster reinforce speed so it is very good, the only thing prevent me from spamming it is the unwanted weapons come along.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★