Login

russian armor

Stormtroopers 5th man at vet3?

2 Mar 2020, 22:31 PM

Commandos and Stormtroopers are similar, but they still have their distinctive fields they shine in. Commandos are for general ambushing and can double as a strong frontline assault squad with brens. They are meant to face any kind of enemy squads at any ranges.
Storm on the other are only effective at close and are not always advised to be used against other cqc squads. BUT, using their tactical assault ability, they can wipe team weapons and rifle squads much faster than any other squads ever could (not counting grenades). Storms are also more cost efficient at disrupting supplies and destroying fortifications. While commandos have to place expensive demo charges for that purpose, the storms can use their lava nades and reusable schreck to do the job. The same schreck can come handy on the frontline too and don't forget their vehicle detection ability, which is perhaps best used at hunting enemy artillery vehicles behind the enemy lines. Even with only 3 mp40s the storms can fulfill their ambush role just fine. On the other hand, you don't see commandos with piats very often.
2 Mar 2020, 22:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Mar 2020, 09:42 AMVipper

The 3 men spawn of Infiltration commandos was used as bandaid solution since the mod team decided against giving them Enfield due to the synergy with elite brens.

For storm trooper they went of another solution that has start with "basic" rifles.

Fair response, but I think the quick and free SMG upgrade combined with cloaking allows them to pretty easily mitigate that difference

I also just think they are good enough as is. Tactical assault on a stealth squad is no joke

And how would 5 men interact with g43 upgrade? With how good ST/PG g43 is I feel as though that could be an issue
2 Mar 2020, 23:02 PM

If storm durability is to be looked at id sooner the damage reduction at vet 3 than an extra model as it helps mitigate the small squad size without unintended consciousness like extra firepower.

If it were me,id look at all ost squads sproting a 10% damage reduction at vet 3 and another 10% available as a passive to all squads with t4.

It would be a faction unique trait that highlights the battlephase system as well as ensures ost remains distinct instead of further homogeneity with the other factions.
2 Mar 2020, 23:08 PM

Fair response, but I think the quick and free SMG upgrade combined with cloaking allows them to pretty easily mitigate that difference

I also just think they are good enough as is. Tactical assault on a stealth squad is no joke

And how would 5 men interact with g43 upgrade? With how good ST/PG g43 is I feel as though that could be an issue

They should not have access to G43, they are an infiltration unit and they should be design as one (they should not even be available in the Elite doctrine nor should be G43 in that doctrine either).
3 Mar 2020, 06:25 AM

G43 storms are about as good as the G43 panzergrens, they don't even have nuke nades. Instead one should use their booby traps often as the doctrine doesn't have any muni sinks.
3 Mar 2020, 07:49 AM

G43 storms are about as good as the G43 panzergrens, they don't even have nuke nades. Instead one should use their booby traps often as the doctrine doesn't have any muni sinks.

We where talking about 5 STr and the g43.
3 Mar 2020, 16:38 PM

Permanently Banned

Tactical assault on a stealth squad is no joke

It is a joke when the effective range of the weapon is only from 0 to 10. It is not a joke when 6man thompson wielding squad do it though.
3 Mar 2020, 16:39 PM

Permanently Banned
Storms don't need more durability. The only thing wrong with them is their tactical assault ability is bad. Vet 3 should make their weapons significantly better at midrange, or if that's too op, at least make their midrange significantly better when using tac assault.
3 Mar 2020, 16:57 PM

It is a joke when the effective range of the weapon is only from 0 to 10.

No it isn't, because of the stealth.... Hold fire and ambushing with tac assault is very strong

3 Mar 2020, 17:06 PM

Permanently Banned

No it isn't, because of the stealth.... Hold fire and ambushing with tac assault is very strong

Strong for about 1 second. All a squad needs to do is hit retreat, and it'll be outside of 10 range and the 25 munis u just spent on the ability maybe let u kill a extra man had u just normally attacked. Meanwhile, your stormtroopers are slow and have increased RA and one good nade could just be the end of them since its harder to dodge when tac assaulting.

At least thompson paras tac assault is actually great even with the RA and mobility drawbacks.
3 Mar 2020, 17:16 PM

At least thompson paras tac assault is actually great even with the RA and mobility drawbacks.

What's your point? The Thompson's also cost 90 Muni, ST mp40s are free
3 Mar 2020, 17:21 PM

Strong for about 1 second. All a squad needs to do is hit retreat, and it'll be outside of 10 range and the 25 munis u just spent on the ability maybe let u kill a extra man had u just normally attacked. Meanwhile, your stormtroopers are slow and have increased RA and one good nade could just be the end of them since its harder to dodge when tac assaulting.

One thing that should be brought up is the Stormtrooper tactical advance costs 5 munitions more (25) than the Paratrooper one (probably a hold-over from the STG-44 days). This should probably be lowered to 20 even if no other changes are made to Stormtroopers.
3 Mar 2020, 17:43 PM

Permanently Banned

That's already accounted for since without abilities thompson paras will easily dominate mp40 storms. And yet the stormtrooper's tac assault is somehow 5 munis more?
3 Mar 2020, 18:44 PM

That's already accounted for since without abilities thompson paras will easily dominate mp40 storms. And yet the stormtrooper's tac assault is somehow 5 munis more?

Lol a 5 munitions difference is relevant to you but free vs 90 Muni is meaningless. That makes no sense at all

There is no issue here, Paras should be better

One thing that should be brought up is the Stormtrooper tactical advance costs 5 munitions more (25) than the Paratrooper one (probably a hold-over from the STG-44 days). This should probably be lowered to 20 even if no other changes are made to Stormtroopers.

One requires a 90 Muni upgrade, 1 requires a free upgrade. Idk why they need to be the same if they don't have the same requirements
3 Mar 2020, 18:51 PM

Permanently Banned

Lol a 5 munitions difference is relevant to you but free vs 90 Muni is meaningless. That makes no sense at all

There is no issue here, Paras should be better

CAN U READ???? My first sentence said thompson paras straight up dominate mp40 storms. That's why it costs 90 munis, not because the tactical assualt should be also so much better as well.
3 Mar 2020, 21:12 PM

CAN U READ???? My first sentence said thompson paras straight up dominate mp40 storms. That's why it costs 90 munis, not because the tactical assualt should be also so much better as well.

Yes I saw that nonsense. The ability comes with the upgrade.... why would it be separate from the cost???

Furthermore storms have stealth. That's already a way for you to make their tac assault work better and you're complaining about a 5 Muni cost difference when their upgrade is free...
4 Mar 2020, 09:03 AM

The JP4 straight up dominates the SU85, should the su85 be buffed?

Stormptroopers are an ambush squad first and foremost, not an assault squad. If you use them like rangers, shocks or Thompson paras, expect to lose them. If you use them like commandoes or partisans you'll have better results.
4 Mar 2020, 16:06 PM

Permanently Banned

The JP4 straight up dominates the SU85, should the su85 be buffed?

Stormptroopers are an ambush squad first and foremost, not an assault squad. If you use them like rangers, shocks or Thompson paras, expect to lose them. If you use them like commandoes or partisans you'll have better results.

I never said to use them like an assualt squad. I just wanted the tac assault ability to be a bit more potent or less counterable, because u can just hit retreat and the enemy squad will suffer little damage while even hitting retreat from a thompson para squad using tactical assault you're still likely to suffer a wipe.
4 Mar 2020, 16:10 PM

I never said to use them like an assualt squad. I just wanted the tac assault ability to be a bit more potent or less counterable, because u can just hit retreat and the enemy squad will suffer little damage while even hitting retreat from a thompson para squad using tactical assault you're still likely to suffer a wipe.

Why do you keep acting like Thompson Paras and stormtroopers are the same type of unit? One has 4 men and stealth, the other has 6 and no stealth...

You're literally comparing it to an assault squad....
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 37
unknown 24
Mexico 14
Germany 899

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %