Login

russian armor

Tiger Ace Explained

PAGES (13)down
14 Feb 2014, 07:50 AM

And that's why there should be an option to use AP round for IS-2, HE round for Tiger. Say, 50 munition, one time fire, like Target Weak Point. But nooooo!!!

Well the problem with that is the IS-2 already has maximum penetration, the Tiger and Panther just have heavy armour.

And before you say anything, the IS-2 had heavier armour and higher gun damage than the Tiger and Panther do. In a 1v1 frontal slug-fest, it's up to the RNG God's to decide the winner.
14 Feb 2014, 07:55 AM

Well the problem with that is the IS-2 already has maximum penetration, the Tiger and Panther just have heavy armour.

And before you say anything, the IS-2 had heavier armour and higher gun damage than the Tiger and Panther do. In a 1v1 frontal slug-fest, it's up to the RNG God's to decide the winner.

Tiger shot almost twice faster then the IS-2.
14 Feb 2014, 07:58 AM

not true, the tiger fires much much faster. there alone allows the tiger to do a much higer and consistent dps.

in fact the is2 is more dependent on rng because each deflected shot is much more crucial. this can be seen in the 2nd fight where the tiger destroys an is2 head on with a good amt of hp left.
14 Feb 2014, 13:24 PM

True, but keep in mind it's also an amazing infantry killer to. I like to think of it as a Panther and Sturmpanzer IV combined into one unit. It lacks the health of a Tiger, but has the kick of a howitzer with the punch of an anti-tank gun.
14 Feb 2014, 15:04 PM

it is still horribly priced regardless of its anti infantry capabilities since it is effectively checked by a single panther. it should cost less than a regular tiger tank.

whereas it takes 2 su85s to check a single tiger tank which cost about as much as a tiger tank, mp and fuel wise.
14 Feb 2014, 15:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Feb 2014, 15:04 PMwongtp
it is still horribly priced regardless of its anti infantry capabilities since it is effectively checked by a single panther. it should cost less than a regular tiger tank.

whereas it takes 2 su85s to check a single tiger tank which cost about as much as a tiger tank, mp and fuel wise.

IS-2 is quite good. It does have to be careful around a dedicated tank killer, but it is very good.

This comes down to the Soviets relying on multiple units and munitions to defeat, shot for shot, better Ost units. Use AT nades, a mine, button, or ram to give your single SU85 the advantage over the Tiger. An SU85 + AT nade is more than enough of a threat to a Tiger.

When I see an IS2 as a Ost player I have to either direct a Tiger away to engage it or a Panther with AT support, since head to head a panther can lose to an IS2. If the Tiger gets a damaged engine the IS2 can circle strafe it all day.

Don't forget to get a Panther the Ost player still needs to go T4, and then build the building, and then construct the panther. The IS-2 player needs only wait for the CP's, so its cost reflects that.
14 Feb 2014, 15:46 PM

Don't forget to get a Panther the Ost player still needs to go T4, and then build the building, and then construct the panther. The IS-2 player needs only wait for the CP's, so its cost reflects that.

OMG You need T4 for Tiger? Nice propaganda.

Soviets can built T4 also, but Tiger cost dont reflects that. ;)
14 Feb 2014, 17:00 PM

In my opinion tiger and is2 costs should be flipped. That would more accuratly represent the overall "goodness" of the tanks relative to their costs. I'm not saying that the is2 isn't good ... I'm just saying it may not be "most expensive tank in the game good" which again in my opinion the tiger is.

Out of curiosity what do y'all think are the top 3 or 4 best/ most cost effective tanks in the game?

For me the tiger stands out well sbove the rest, but after that it gets harder to choose. Maybe tiger > kv2 > panther > is2/isu152/t70. (Im not sure about the kv2 i rarely face it and only got to play with it twice but it seemed to do quite well)

Edit: please no one say tiger (or the new turbo) ace. I don't count them since they don't belong in this game and as such I refuse to acknowledge their existence
14 Feb 2014, 17:32 PM

probably the top 3 most cost effective tanks in game are

1) tiger, it basically checks every single tank in the game and has great initiative with great armour, decent penetration and dps. it is not too shabby against infantry too. turreted means it is able to make use of shotblockers to great effect. low to average micro needed to use it to great effect.

2) elefants. no clear soviet hard counters, most counters are rng (howie barrages) or gimmicky (guards button + bomb strike) immense range and very heavy damage invalidates soviet armour forces them to go static defenses against german armour which leaves them open to artillery.

3 is probably a tie between su85 and panthers. for cost, su85 is capable of wrecking all german armour except the elefant, but they are usually limited by terrain/availability of vehicles snares. panther is mainly because of its mobility, dominance in tank combat, improved range and capability to blitz.
14 Feb 2014, 19:25 PM

^
Good list.

The problem I have with fixed self propelled guns like the SU-85 is their offensive ability and ability to operate without support. The Panzers don't have that problem. the SU-85 and the stugs are better in defense than offense.

I find the German tanks in both VCOH and Coh2 to be the most cost effective. They are the most flexible, and pack a punch:

1. Tiger Tank

2. Panther Tank for 2 v 2, Panzer IV for 1 v 1

3. IS-2 w/ self repair

However, I believe that the Panther + Brummbar can potentially have more synergy than 2 Tigers. This depends on the situation.
15 Feb 2014, 01:21 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Feb 2014, 07:55 AMAradan

Tiger shot almost twice faster then the IS-2.

This is actually the reason a skilled Russian player can beat a Tiger 1on1 with an IS-2.

Higher front loaded damage + long reload times allows you to use Hit+Disengage tactics. This is something anyone who has played World of Tanks will have instinctively learned.
15 Feb 2014, 01:25 AM

KV=2 is very situational- a high risk/high reward sort of unit. It has a huge lock-down delay and its regular fire is very, very slow.

(Im not sure about the kv2 i rarely face it and only got to play with it twice but it seemed to do quite well)
15 Feb 2014, 01:25 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Feb 2014, 01:21 AMlink0

This is actually the reason a skilled Russian player can beat a Tiger 1on1 with an IS-2.

Higher front loaded damage + long reload times allows you to use Hit+Disengage tactics. This is something anyone who has played World of Tanks will have instinctively learned.

this is also made easier thanks to the tiger being slower than the is2. take your shot, reverse out of range until your reload finishes. the is2 also has a better chance to penetrate than a tiger. if you negate the tigers RoF advantage, the is2 should easily win.
15 Feb 2014, 03:30 AM

IS2 can win vs Tiger? Are you guys played CoH2 for once time btw?
15 Feb 2014, 03:33 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Feb 2014, 03:30 AMcarloff
IS2 can win vs Tiger? Are you guys played CoH2 for once time btw?

basically they are saying if ur is2 has enough support to prevent a tiger from chasing down ur is2 and exploit its advantage of its high ROF, the is2 has a good chance of beating the tiger.
15 Feb 2014, 04:16 AM

it doesnt need support. a tiger will never catch an is2 because the tiger is slower in both acceleration and max speed.
15 Feb 2014, 05:51 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Feb 2014, 04:16 AMwooof
it doesnt need support. a tiger will never catch an is2 because the tiger is slower in both acceleration and max speed.

What about with blitkrieg? I haven't done many IS-2/Tiger fights...

15 Feb 2014, 07:59 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Feb 2014, 01:21 AMlink0

Thank for tip. I try improve my micro.
15 Feb 2014, 08:50 AM

There was a player tried to head on 2 IS2s into my

- Vet 0 Tiger
- Vet 3 Panzer 4
- Vet 2 Ostwind
- 2 vet 2 Paks
- vet 2 screck PG

No German casualty with 2 dead IS2

lose and then whine how OP is the Tiger

DAFUG
15 Feb 2014, 15:24 PM

The Is-2's higher price reflects its superior kill rate against infantry. You can kill 2 entities per shot.

I agree with Woof that the IS-2 is more of a shoot, backtrack, shoot, backtrack sort of vehicle. The tiger is too slow and fast firing to do this sort of thing effectively.
PAGES (13)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS