Login

russian armor

To the patch team

MMX
28 Feb 2020, 12:15 PM

Nice words, I would be happy if I could say the same. But I am more or less disappointed by the elitist behavior of some team-members.

I know relic gives the green light for patches, but the community could do much better work. There are no alphas, no testing meetings for forum-mebers. Most posts/threads are useless and will never be touched. We write/read same things since years. People with the skill of modding are disgusted and left vanilla years ago, people wanting to help doesn't get the chance.

tragedy, waisted potential.

well maybe it might be just you who is a tad bit too elitist and full of yourself? in all honesty, i highly doubt you'd be capable of delivering anything close to what the balance team does, at the very least judging by your usual imputs about balance...

anyway, my message to the patch team is: thanks for all the effort you guys put into this. the game had its ups and downs, but definitely improved since you took over. keep up the good work!
28 Feb 2020, 14:29 PM

The OP is so hilarious, reading it I was transported back five years in time when these kind of blanket statement hyperbolic posts were made in all seriousness.

Tommies not having early-game smoke access and being horrible on the move gets transformed into "u guys excuuz iz juz dat Brits dont get picked", Ostheer shopping list demands straight from fanboy wet dreams, and the game being in best shape balance-wise since its release is "totally unbalanced" apparently.

Oh my, thanks for the laugh.

Some people forget how laughably broken the game was in the past. Like the old TA that could two shot SU85s from range and wipe squads almost instantly. Two minutes vet 3 gren that could upgrade g43 and mg42. Soviet mines that would one shot any four man unit that ran into them. These were all things worth starting a five page discussion over.

We've gone a long way from units like the TA which could only be stopped by a horde of ramming T34s. Now there's so much less to complain about people are even moaning about gammon bombs and smoke abilities.

Yes there are some UP units that could still use small buffs, but the outrage is honestly laughable I agree.
28 Feb 2020, 14:37 PM

Some people forget how laughably broken the game was in the past. Like the old TA that could two shot SU85s from range and wipe squads almost instantly. Two minutes vet 3 gren that could upgrade g43 and mg42. Soviet mines that would one shot any four man unit that ran into them.

Comets criss-crossing the map at F1 speeds, eating everything on their way? Emplacements bringing back CoH:ToV British Sim City PTSD? Volk Schreck blobs descending on everything like a locust swarm, in the spirit of vCoH Recoilless Para blobs? 2+ ISU 152s from a single player in a match evaporating everything on two legs? Planes incinerating entire armies on crashing? Uncounterable Soviet snipers in clown cars?

We are in a heaven of balance compared to where we used to be.
28 Feb 2020, 14:43 PM

Comets criss-crossing the map at F1 speeds, eating everything on their way? Emplacements bringing back CoH:ToV British Sim City PTSD? Volk Schreck blobs descending on everything like a locust swarm, in the spirit of vCoH Recoilless Para blobs? 2+ ISU 152s from a single player in a match evaporating everything on two legs? Planes incinerating entire armies on crashing? Uncounterable Soviet snipers in clown cars?

Not going to lie, I do miss the schreckblobs and volks having even more reduced received accuracy at vet V. But they did have to go, too powerful.
28 Feb 2020, 15:19 PM

I miss those days, where crashing aircrafts could ruin your day; like really: RNGesus hitting you with a bamboo-stick. But always a blessing hitting the heavy and killing it on top of two engs rearing it.

My second place behind the original TA is the b4 with precision strike wiping anything from earth
28 Feb 2020, 15:54 PM

Most certainly, but what makes me laugh the most is when some claim the game was balanced before WFA and Brits were added.

Back when it was just Sov and Ost you had some of the most broken patches, and even in the playable patches you had stuff like demos on every cap and door mines that install wipe any squad jumping out. Or Wehr turbo mortar or 120mm consistently wiping units across the map.

Plenty of top 1vs1 games were decided back then on simply how many demo, mortar or mine wipes each player could clock up.

The game was way more frustrating back then, it was even frustrating to watch.
28 Feb 2020, 16:32 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Most certainly, but what makes me laugh the most is when some claim the game was balanced before WFA and Brits were added.

Back when it was just Sov and Ost you had some of the most broken patches, and even in the playable patches you had stuff like demos on every cap and door mines that install wipe any squad jumping out. Or Wehr turbo mortar or 120mm consistently wiping units across the map.

Plenty of top 1vs1 games were decided back then on simply how many demo, mortar or mine wipes each player could clock up.

The game was way more frustrating back then, it was even frustrating to watch.

I'll argue that all around games without Elefant/ISU or post nerf to super heavies were close to the best stage the game could had arrived to.
Shit was strong, but each side had equally strong options and opportunities.
28 Feb 2020, 16:44 PM

Thank you patch team for spending your time to improve this game. And thank you for staying polite, despite all the toxicity. <444>3 :)
28 Feb 2020, 18:28 PM

The OP has lost his god damn mind. The game is OLD and be lucky that we have a patch team to continuously update the game.

FYI -THANK YOU patch team!
29 Feb 2020, 17:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Feb 2020, 12:15 PMMMX

well maybe it might be just you who is a tad bit too elitist and full of yourself? in all honesty, i highly doubt you'd be capable of delivering anything close to what the balance team does, at the very least judging by your usual imputs about balance...

anyway, my message to the patch team is: thanks for all the effort you guys put into this. the game had its ups and downs, but definitely improved since you took over. keep up the good work!

Maybe, that can be be true, or not.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight